Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS watch with heart rate monitor.

Options
  • 10-12-2014 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

My budget is about €120-€150, it's a heart rate monitor I want but I'd love a GPS watch too. Do any of the GPS watches have heart rate monitors or do they need to be bought separately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

You can buy everything separate, but a watch+strap bundle will be cheaper. I've got the TomTom Runner with the HR strap and am very happy with it. It's come down a lot in price too since I got it a year ago. The bundle is £139 on amazon.co.uk as I write this. Full review of the watch here. Bear in mind there's been a lot of updates and issues resolved since then. Great piece of kit for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

Sweatshop.co.uk have an offer on at the moment for Garmin Forerunner 110 for £85. I have had this watch for about 1.5 years and had no trouble with it. A heart rate monitor comes with it - which I have never used, so can't comment either way on that.

http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/garmin-womens-sports-watch-764291?colcode=76429102

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

The one for £85 is pink with flowers on it. There's an offer on the blokes one too, just not as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

It's grey with one narrow pink stripe !! You'd be fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭SwiftJustice

I bought the GPS watch in Aldi a couple of weeks ago and it's pretty good. Very easy to use and cost just €40.

Here's the upload from the Jingle Bells run. The HR can be a bit off at the very start of a run but calms down once you get going.

331853.PNG

• Advertisement
Advertisement