Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rear facing toddler car seat

Options
  • 10-12-2014 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a rear facing toddler car seat, seatbelt fitting only as my car doesn't have Isofix points. Anyone know where I can get one and recommend a good make, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a rear facing toddler car seat, seatbelt fitting only as my car doesn't have Isofix points. Anyone know where I can get one and recommend a good make, thanks :)

There is a big thread on this! I have a britax two way elite which I bought from these guys. http://incarsafetycentre.co.uk
    It is the tallest seat on the market so should last you until your child is 5/6. My baby is super tall so I have been told it will last till he is 4 and a half. It can turn forward facing either and goes up to 25kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

I have the Joie Stages - got it in Smyths. Rearward facing until the young one is four, I think - although I have her facing forward. It's belted in, no isofix in my car either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

We have a BSafe one. We got it in Tony Kealy's. I think it should do until the child is four but I can't remember the weight limit. The headrest can be moved up (I didn't know this until they fitted a second one for me!). I'd recommend going in and asking for advice in person, they know their stuff.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

You can get a maxi cosi easyfix base that uses the seatbelt and does the exact same job as the isofix base. Grand job altogether.

http://www.maxi-cosi.com/products/car-seats/base-units/easyfix-base.aspx

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    You can get a maxi cosi easyfix base that uses the seatbelt and does the exact same job as the isofix base.

is thang not only for infant seat? I am guessing a toddler seat is 9-25kg (non isofix) or up to 18kg (isofix)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

lazygal wrote: »
    We have a BSafe one. We got it in Tony Kealy's. I think it should do until the child is four but I can't remember the weight limit. The headrest can be moved up (I didn't know this until they fitted a second one for me!). I'd recommend going in and asking for advice in person, they know their stuff.
    Thanks for that, forgot all about checking them and we've bought most of our sons stuff from there. That seat looks great, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Millem wrote: »
    There is a big thread on this! I have a britax two way elite which I bought from these guys. http://incarsafetycentre.co.uk
    It is the tallest seat on the market so should last you until your child is 5/6. My baby is super tall so I have been told it will last till he is 4 and a half. It can turn forward facing either and goes up to 25kg.
    We bought the same one from incarsafety. We're using it forward facing now which is another story but after doing a bit if research this seemed like the best car seat to get as it goes up to 25kg.

We bought the same one from incarsafety. We're using it forward facing now which is another story but after doing a bit if research this seemed like the best car seat to get as it goes up to 25kg.

I did an insane amount of research into ERF seats before I bought my two (a two way eite and a max fix 2. Incarsafety are definitely the experts in ERF sears. As much as I liked kealys (I bought my bugaboo and baby besafe car seat from them) there is no comparison in training/knowledge of sales staff or the range the sell. Tbh I found I was telling kealys staff info on ERF seats! No one in the shop had ever heard for the "swedish plus test" even though one of the seats they sell has passed it http://tonykealys.com/britax-max-way.html:rolleyes: and they are telling customers it is fine to put a foot prop (leg) on top of an underfloor storage box if you take the lid off :mad: (a foot prop must stand on a solid base)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Yes I agree on Tony Kealy staff and their knowledge of rear facing. My son is almost 4 and when I asked about it in 2012 they didn't seem to know much about it. We turned our daughter forward facing as she gets very car sick but it made no difference. However she refused to be rear facing again so we left her forward facing. If I were doing it again on both I'd keep them rear facing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Maxi Cosi Mobi should be stocked by Mothercare, you have to ask but afaik Jervis St. and Tallaght deffo do them. They are non Iso-fix, have a support leg and have a great recline. We have 1 in each car and we also have a Joie Stages for my mums car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement