Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keep deducting my money!!!

Options
  • 10-12-2014 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

hey guys.
    i bought an oven last year and also bought a 3year insurance for it.
    i paid 5euro every month.
    as a customer,i can cancel this payment(insurance) anytime.
    So due to my unsatification with the service.
    Icanceled the insurance payment on the phone in front of the staff member.
    My oven was broken and i had to ring the company to organise the technician.
    but i called 100times in few days ...waited 15mins per call and explained to many different people about my oven but everyone keeps hanging me up.. so i got frustrated and decided to cancel.
    They said they canceled it and sent me a cheque of refund.
    but today i relised my bank account is still deducting the 5euro every month.
    IM AT THE EDGE now..very angry.
    is it possible to sue them for illegal deduction????
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 fongcy

please help

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

fongcy wrote: »
    please help

If it's a direct debit you can instruct your bank to cancel it. You can get previous ones refunded as well within a time limit I can't remember, but I'd only request back as far as the date the policy was cancelled from.

TheChizler wrote: »
    If it's a direct debit you can instruct your bank to cancel it. You can get previous ones refunded as well within a time limit I can't remember, but I'd only request back as far as the date the policy was cancelled from.

yes it is , but the bank said i need to contact the company which i did in the first place.
    we agreed to cancel it but they are still taking away the money.
    i find no way to talk to them as they do not understand me at all.
    i have no problem with my language but they just dont get it!
    i called more than 100times from days to days and i got nothing out of it.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

you called over 100 times I find that hard to believe. By your opening post you spend over 25 hours on the phone to them in a few days. Lets try and stick to the facts rather than embellishing things.

as has been said if its a direct debit cancel it with your bank, many banks allow this to be done via internet banking. With SEPA you can also have a DD reversed so tell your bank you want it reversed.

If its a standing order then the reason the payment went out is because you never cancelled the standing order, so if that's what it is then go cancel it.

D3PO wrote: »
    you called over 100 times I find that hard to believe. By your opening post you spend over 25 hours on the phone to them in a few days. Lets try and stick to the facts rather than embellishing things.

as has been said if its a direct debit cancel it with your bank, many banks allow this to be done via internet banking. With SEPA you can also have a DD reversed so tell your bank you want it reversed.

If its a standing order then the reason the payment went out is because you never cancelled the standing order, so if that's what it is then go cancel it.

hi there. i mean from days to days i PHONED them more than 100times.
    its true.if you ever had any communications with the knowhow company and ever had a chance of ringing them, you are going to be frustrated like me.
    Im sure the bank told me to cancel it with the company which i did.
    everything went steps by steps but still they are still charging me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

really? vbecause i asked to few staff and they all said the same thing.
    i have to contact the company etc...
    is there a law that state they have to cancel it?
    thx

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

fongcy wrote: »
    really? vbecause i asked to few staff and they all said the same thing.
    i have to contact the company etc...
    is there a law that state they have to cancel it?
    thx

SEPA. Do you have online banking? Are you absolutely sure it's a direct debit? It would be different if it was a credit/debit card or something.

TheChizler wrote: »
    SEPA. Do you have online banking? Are you absolutely sure it's a direct debit? It would be different if it was a credit/debit card or something.

thanks ill have a look.
    yes im 100% sure. i got a bank statement and its clearly shown thats its a Derect debit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

You can request a refund for any DD within 8 weeks from the date the DD was paid from your account. Within the 8 week period, the Bank MUST refund you on a no-questions asked basis.

You can request a refund of any UNAUTHORISED DD after 8 weeks and within 13 months after being paid.

The argument after that regarding what is owed and not is between you and the company.

ok thanks guys, what happens if they can give me a refund but not cancel it?
    it will be just me keep getting a refund and the company keep taking away money???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

It's important that you keep a record of everything when dealing with providers therefore you should have sent a letter to the provider and the bank cancelling the insurance and the direct debit. Phones calls unless recorded will not provide any proof that you made contact with the supplier and will cost you a lot of time, money and stress. Keep a copy of all communication.

If you have banking online you can cancel a direct debit online and if not you just write to the bank and ask them to cancel direct debit for x amount payable to xxx with immediate effect.

Advertisement