Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bringing dog to France for 3 weeks

• 10-12-2014 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

l will go over to France for Christmas and will be bringing my dog with me. I am a bit confused as to the Tapeworm treatment.
    Stenaline says that dogs must be treated not more than 120 hours (5 days) and not less than 24 hours (1 day) prior to scheduled arrival time in Ireland , my vet wants to do it before i leave Ireland. So does it have to be done twice ? Is it a requirement to have it done before leaving Ireland and before leaving France ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Doesn't make sense to me OP that your dog needs a vet-witnessed tapeworm treatment before departure, if you are travelling directly to France. It's only Ireland, UK, Finland and Malta that require incoming dogs from other EU countries to have had tapeworm treatment. Are you going via the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭stef22

Thank you Boomerang , it doesn't make sense to me either .
    I go direct to France

Advertisement