Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Open 2015 at Royal County Down

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Great birdie! Good man PH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

Myksyk wrote: »
    You're always going to have trouble on this course in these conditions. PH just needs to keep his head. A reasonable score will win this competition over the four days.

Exactly. At the start of today I was thinking level par or better would be a great day for him. I think one of the strongest part of his game has been his patience, never gives up.

He's just regained the lead!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Seve OB wrote: »
    Here comes the rain

I assume that's better for the late starters, make it easier to hold on the greens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Another chip in for Shane :) 2 on 7th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Is the cut 65 and ties?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭Luckydog69

Telly Bingo...WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Luckydog69 wrote: »
    Telly Bingo...WTF

Id get over it if they were showing golf all year round - but for the few days a year - youd think they could tweak the programming.

Oh and we are now on suspension until 1,30 pm :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

AGC wrote: »
    Is the cut 65 and ties?

Yeah top 65 pros and ties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Sky all the way lads, better commentary and sound

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Starting my trip to Newcastle in a few mins, sorry I didn't get tickets for Saturday before they sold out. If anyone up there has a spare one floating let me know :)

Can't wait to see a pro hit a ball !!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

A 13 for Jonathan Moore on the 13th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

British weather? Get that commentator of the TV. This is the Irish Open!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

A 13 for Jonathan Moore on the 13th

Unlucky for some...

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Lads some terrible scores out there, is it possible that the course is actually too hard?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

No.

Much better than the pitch and putt that is Andrews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Sound of Gmac to shout fore there as the ball landed in the middle of the gallery...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Hailstones pelting down now!

Lads some terrible scores out there, is it possible that the course is actually too hard?

The weather is messing it up every time it rains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

At last !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

I'm surprised at so many taking driver off the Tee especially since its links. Taught a lot be playing 3 woods, long irons etc!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ad breaks taking the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Not over for Rory at all yet. Showing great fight out there in fairness to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Not over for Rory at all yet. Showing great fight out there in fairness to him.

I reckon another birdie and +6 will get him in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

God lads this isn't a good advertisement for Irish golf, umbrellas look like flying away. Nasty stuff out there.

God lads this isn't a good advertisement for Irish golf, umbrellas look like flying away. Nasty stuff out there.

Funny it's actually giving me some warped sense of pride!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Utterly disagree. This is an amazing course, with really changeable weather. This is a fantastic advertisement for Irish golf. Fota/Carton have nothing on this, this is what Irish golf is all about.

Game over for Rory :(

Utterly disagree. This is an amazing course, with really changeable weather. This is a fantastic advertisement for Irish golf. Fota/Carton have nothing on this, this is what Irish golf is all about.

What's the advertisement? Come to Ireland and walk around in the wind and rain?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Double arrgh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

id have to disagree as there's bad weather in america last week for example and its just the luck of the draw with the weather especially in Ireland and Britian

sky88 wrote: »
    id have to disagree as there's bad weather in america last week for example and its just the luck of the draw with the weather especially in Ireland and Britian

You often see play being suspended in other countries due to rain - so not just an Irish thing.

Especially bearing in mind play HAS been able to continue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

I played this morning in same or worse, it's not even a bad golf day. It's just the course itself is impossible on a good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

It all looks stunning on the telly, whatever the weather. Gutted Rory is gone though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

Why can the Nuacht happen after the 6.01? For f*cks sake

Sad day when the world number one cannot make the cut in his own country 3 years running.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Agree, Rory powers through courses but RCD powered him down these last two days.
    I really enjoyed Ricky and Luke's golfing so far.

Inspite of his difficult finish today - Harrington is still close to the leader(s)

Was just a shot behind they said on the Telly but that may have changed.

Inspite of his difficult finish today - Harrington is still close to the leader(s)

Was just a shot behind they said on the Telly but that may have changed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Old diesel wrote: »
    You often see play being suspended in other countries due to rain - so not just an Irish thing.

Yes but due to thunderstorms because its so bloody hot - the fans muffled up like its November is the worst part, from the advertising point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Some round of 66 from Tyrell Hatton, new or joint course record on a tough day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Laughable stuff from RTE today foaming at the mouth over McIllroy. Dont think I ever seen a player at +9 get so much coverage. Embarrassing.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Laughable stuff from RTE today foaming at the mouth over McIllroy. Dont think I ever seen a player at +9 get so much coverage. Embarrassing.

Well he's the best player in the world who happens to be from this tiny island, in form, on a course he knows well in an event which his foundation is sponsoring. I think the coverage was to be expected tbh.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Well he's the best player in the world who happens to be from this tiny island, in form, on a course he knows well in an event which his foundation is sponsoring. I think the coverage was to be expected tbh.

It was way over the top to be fair. We Irish love to slate the English when they blow up there own sports stars when we are every bit as bad or even worse :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

sky88 wrote: »

Ah to be fair this tournament has been blighted by bad weather which is a shame given the sold out crowds for the event. 8 degrees with driving rain and winds is ridiculous weather for late May.

On the positive side the field is pretty stacked tight for the weekend and a good share of the top ranked players have made it through to the weekend.

Fowler and Wood would be my selections to come out top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

I don't think RTE have much control over the coverage, I sm pretty much sure they take the picture feed from European Tour Productions.

J

Love to see Donald do it, couple of nice luuuuuuuuukkkkeeeees today

I don't think RTE have much control over the coverage, I sm pretty much sure they take the picture feed from European Tour Productions.

J

Yes - it all looks like generic footage being used by a number of channels rather then footage specifically from RTE.

Obviously the bits with Joanne and John Mc Henry are RTE specific - but I get the impression the guys commentating away from that are from a different channel.

Funny thing is - when Harrington was at a hole yesterday - Joanne was doing the commentary at that hole. Not sure if that was deliberate or accidental - just seemed to be the way the picture feed was coming through - at a time when I suspect we were supposed to go to Joanne and John at their table.

Btw - the table looks like its outside - but I take it its indoors - just with LOTS of glass behind Joanne and John.

Old diesel wrote: »

Btw - the table looks like its outside - but I take it its indoors - just with LOTS of glass behind Joanne and John.

There are a couple of studio huts I overlooking the 9th (i think) green, well covered but with one wall missing if you can picture it.

Just in. Have to say, it's not a great place to be a spectator. The rain and wind weren't as bad as maybe made out on Tele. Generally just came down heavy for a few minutes and then blew off. When it rained though, it got proper freezing cold! Most of the day, the weather was grand. I even got a bit of red face!

Course doesn't really lend itself to following groups around. Great atmosphere though around the place and the town was pretty hopping!

Seve OB wrote: »
    There are a couple of studio huts I overlooking the 9th (i think) green, well covered but with one wall missing if you can picture it.

Just in. Have to say, it's not a great place to be a spectator. The rain and wind weren't as bad as maybe made out on Tele. Generally just came down heavy for a few minutes and then blew off. When it rained though, it got proper freezing cold! Most of the day, the weather was grand. I even got a bit of red face!

Course doesn't really lend itself to following groups around. Great atmosphere though around the place and the town was pretty hopping!

Yup that description of the huts makes sense - thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Managed to get tickets for tomorrow, would love to follow padraig and luke around but have a small feeling 1/2 the spectators will want to do the same!

• Advertisement
Advertisement