Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick New Years

• 10-12-2014 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi guys me and my girlfriend are staying in the clarion hotel new years eve in limerick, just wondering best places to go in limerick for new years restaurant and bars near the clarion cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Nancys is great on a New Years. They only let about 250 ppl in (normally on a weekend you could have close to 500) and put on really nice food, a band and a DJ. It's usually black tie/suits.

I think it's 'kind of' for regulars only, they sell the tickets from the pub a couple of weeks beforehand. It's about 25 quid, which puts people off but the flip side is you have no queues getting served as it's not wedged, no trouble in terms of people out of their minds drunk/bad clientele, and taxi rank across the road after to get home.

No idea of anywhere else, I've only ever gone to Nancys on NYE when I've been in Limerick. Have a look at the facebook pages of places like Jerry Flannerys, Red Hen, Cobblestone Joes, Michael Flannerys and see what they've planned

25 quid to go into Nancy Blake's!!!! Jesus Christ I've heard it all now

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

25 quid to go into Nancy Blake's!!!! Jesus Christ I've heard it all now

Including a drink voucher, food, band and DJ, and comfortable capacity. To be fair.

An File wrote: »
    Including a drink voucher, food, band and DJ, and comfortable capacity. To be fair.

The dunraven in adare is 20 for their NYE ball which includes a sit down meal. Its a black tie event and wouldn't be my cup of tea but if I only had a choice between the two I'd know what I'd pick.

€25 for a pint of muck, finger food and music they have every weekend anyway for Nancy's is ridiculous. I know most places in town will charge something stupid for the same or less treatment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Dolans.ie bar is only around the corner from the Clarion. They will have a gig on and also serve food (not overly fancy food though).

Nearest pub to that would be McGettigan's next to the Limerick City Hotel, which will probably be mobbed like most city centre pubs on NYE. Brimstone restaurant is then just across the road near the Shannon Bridge roundabout. Both are also 5 min walk from the Clarion.

Personally if I was staying in town on NYE I'd tend to go to one of those all in events which would include a meal, music and champagne to ring in the New Year. I'm sure alot of the hotels including the Clarion will offer such venues. Like most towns or cities NYE can be very messy where pubs are packed to the front door, and you end up queuing to get served at the bar, standing for the night and people bumping off you every time they pass you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I went to Mickeys last year for NYE and it was rather quiet! People don't seem to venture out because they assume it would be mobbed and go to a house party instead perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Brimstone, right across from the Clarion are doing a New Year's Eve dinner (4 courses with prosecco) for 50 lids.

20 quid in without dinner. Band, fireworks, etc...

Advertisement