Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspicious caller to house

• 10-12-2014 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

The missus was telling me that a fella in a van called to our door yesterday (rural Adare/Croom area) selling meats. Three things concerned me. 1. Anonymous caller to the house 2. Selling meats door to door 3. A van.

Seems very suspicious and didn't sleep well last night at the thoughts of someone potentially eyeing up the house. She didn't get the plates or name on the van but has anyone had any similar visitors or verify that people in this day and age sell meat door to door?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Smithers! Release the hounds!

Yeah, I thought this practice had died out. Or if it hadn't that it would confined to more remote spots.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Seems dodge alright. We've had a few callers from various companies advertising deliveries of milk, fruit, veg, meat etc, but they will at least leave a card and company details.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

there is a guy selling meat and frozen food from a white van in County Limerick for years. The mother in law buys from him regularly and never had a problem.

Advertisement