Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrome unresponsive pages

Options
  • 10-12-2014 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm having a frustrating problem with Chrome.

I will randomly get a warning of pages being unresponsive and asking me to either close, or wait for the page to respond. This could happen on any page, google search, boards, youtube etc. This is not necessarily a flash issue, as it occurs with no flash elements. My attempts at fixing this issue have been the following:

(It should be noted that this seems to happen when I sign into chrome with my google account, so there's something there that is crashing it....i just can't figure out what)

Uninstalling Chrome, and reinstalling the latest version.
    Removing all chrome addons
    Clearing Cache/Cookies from history

I'm pretty certain that's the extent of my basic troubleshooting. The funny thing is, even with the error showing a page as being unresponsive, in reality the page will work just fine, all elements load and there are no noticeable issues. It's getting pretty annoying at this stage!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Not a real solution, but you could use SRWare Iron, which is the Chrome browser but without the privacy issues, so it wouldn't be much of a change for you

Advertisement