Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Liverpool, 14th Dec, 1.30PM K/O, *Mod Note 1st Post*

• 10-12-2014 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The first game between these two this season, as ye all know, its going to be a messy affair for posters and mods a like, I'm taking this opportunity to just say this thread will be the one and only match thread and to try and keep it civilised for a few days, this thread wont be open again until Saturday, any other match threads that are started will simply be deleted.

I'm sure ye know the rules by now but take this as a mod warning, try and be civil and dont act the dick, as much I dont want the thread to turn into a moaning and bitching thread, we're aware its pretty much going to happen so if theres nothing productive been debated after the game on Sunday, the thread may be swiftly locked.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

thread is now open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

United really need to be taking all 3 points here if they are going to overhaul Chelsea on the way to number 21...

United really need to be taking all 3 points here if they are going to overhaul Chelsea on the way to number 21...

1st part - agree with, Liverpool are poor this year but form counts for nothing in this fixture.

2nd part -

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJIlPgsmGrrobHXJ6d3guLrVL8fUbZXnx0vJt49q-YMNKOHEp9i947OrJH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

This is gonna be a stroll in the park for United. Many lols will be had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

GavRedKing wrote: »
    1st part - agree with, Liverpool are poor this year but form counts for nothing in this fixture.

2nd part -

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJIlPgsmGrrobHXJ6d3guLrVL8fUbZXnx0vJt49q-YMNKOHEp9i947OrJH

Haven't you heard? We all think we're going to win the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Going to predict a Man Utd win. Apart from the Swansea opener, United have been good at home results wise. I'd like Falcao to start.

Liverpool haven't got that many threats except Kolo Toure who has been voted as their current best player.

Haven't you heard? We all think we're going to win the league.

Well ye could, yeve spent bloody enough :pac:

I think Utd will be a threat this year anyway, only takes a few slips from city and chelsea and Utd will be in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭bennyl10

With Southampyon losing today, a win for united is crucial tomororw, consolidate 3rd, build up the gap to 5th.
    On current from, should be handy for United, neither have been good, but at least united have been able to grind out results!

But considering its United and Liverpool,

Score draw, or united just to shade it..

In no way can i, realistically, see Liverpool getting a win.. Wins, even par performances, just haven't been there..

A bad loss for Liverpool, akin to what happened unted last year, think it could be curtains Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

This match can only end in one result.

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Well it can end in 3 technically.

:o

• Advertisement

2-0 United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well it can end in 3 technically.

:o

or 6.

• On like Donkey Kong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Very confident of a handy United win after a flying opening 15 minutes from the Pool.

4-1 United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

2-1 or 3-1 Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A United win is what would have to go for.
    United have the best goalkeeper, in the last number of games conceding 1 goal at most, for example against Chelsea, City after Smalling sending off, Arsensal.
    Second best home form in the league.
    A much better midfield than last season.
    A far superior firepower up front with Rooney, Van Persie and Falcao.
    A better manager.
    It is hard to bet against United for tomorrow.

Van Gaal not happy with Scholes and Nevilles comments ahead of the game.

Dog and Duck versus the Red Lion

or 6.

Utd win
    Pool win
    Draw

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

or 6.
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

As a pool fan I just can't see a win tomorrow. We must have the worst strike force in the premiership at the moment and a team woefully devoid of creativity.

Lambert up front on his own tomorrow like basel in such a vital game is absolutely depressing. Hoping we can nick a point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Gonna go for a high-scoring prediction

United 4-2 Liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

3-1 United, RVPs recent form is encouraging

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Man Utd 0-1 Liverpool (D. Murphy 63)

thelad95 wrote: »

Strange one for an Irish soccer forum. Doubt there's too many Liverpudlians (or Mancunians for that matter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

what are the likely line up for the team tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

For any bet365 customers

Man Utd face Liverpool in the Premier League on Sunday 14th December - and we've got a fantastic In-Play bet offer to add to the excitement.

Place a pre-match bet on the Man Utd v Liverpool game and we’ll give you a risk free In-Play bet to the same stake on the big match.

To qualify for your risk free In-Play bet, simply place a bet before kick-off, then once the game starts place another bet on any In-Play market. If your FIRST In-Play bet loses we will refund this stake, up to the same value as your largest pre-match bet (max €50).

As always, there’ll be plenty to choose from with over 70 In-Play markets available throughout the game including Next Goal, Match Goals, Total Corners, Half-Time Result, Full-Time Result and much more.

With an extensive range of pre-match and In-Play markets and a fantastic In-Play bet offer, bet365 is the number one place for all your Soccer betting.

Enjoy the action!
    The bet365 Team

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Strange one for an Irish soccer forum. Doubt there's too many Liverpudlians (or Mancunians for that matter)

no stranger than people on a Irish soccer forum discussing a United v Pool game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

sabat wrote: »
    Man Utd 0-1 Liverpool (D. Murphy 63)

I was at that match as a young gowl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Hungry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Here we go-a new season with Liverpool back to usual and United in resurgance after a season of sh1te.
    8 books later and title celebrations that lasted the month of April only for Liverpool to discover the season didn't end until May the shock of watching the title slip away has left the team a shell of the one of last season,the lack of verve,industry and bite has seen Liverpool turn in some shambolic performances.

United are back on the rise no thanks to a bit of luck in more than a few games as the turgid,one dimensional dross of last season is slowly being cast behind.Gone is the king of hide & seek on a football field as TC23 moved on to be replaced by Herrera who can actually play a bit so now we look like we have a functioning midfield compared to the gaping chasm that teams waltzed through last season.
    It might not be pretty tomorrow but it will be enthralling as United work on cementing a CL place and Liverpool aim for 7th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Yes multiple red and yellow cards for overly emotional posters.

It is hard to see past United but when it Liverpool anything can happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

zerks wrote: »
    Here we go-a new season with Liverpool back to usual and United in resurgance after a season of sh1te.
    8 books later and title celebrations that lasted the month of April only for Liverpool to discover the season didn't end until May the shock of watching the title slip away has left the team a shell of the one of last season,the lack of verve,industry and bite has seen Liverpool turn in some shambolic performances.

United are back on the rise no thanks to a bit of luck in more than a few games as the turgid,one dimensional dross of last season is slowly being cast behind.Gone is the king of hide & seek on a football field as TC23 moved on to be replaced by Herrera who can actually play a bit so now we look like we have a functioning midfield compared to the gaping chasm that teams waltzed through last season.
    It might not be pretty tomorrow but it will be enthralling as United work on cementing a CL place and Liverpool aim for 7th.

Utd are 11 points off the top. If it was a season of resurgence wouldn't they be closer. A squad of similar ability won the league by a mile over a year ago. Moyes was in a similar position last year was he not.

yabadabado wrote: »
    no stranger than people on a Irish soccer forum discussing a United v Pool game.

Not true

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Utd are 11 points off the top. If it was a season of resurgence wouldn't they be closer. A squad of similar ability won the league by a mile over a year ago. Moyes was in a similar position last year was he not.

Expectations are lower for Utd since Fergie left tbf

Not true

how so ?

Expectations are lower for Utd since Fergie left tbf

Lower yes but they should be challenging with that squad. Moyes was blamed for everything that went wrong but Van Gal seems immune from any criticism.

All going well for United they will be closer after the match tomorrow.
    United were 13 points off Chelsea but a win tomorrow has it at 8.

yabadabado wrote: »
    how so ?

The audience here is Irish fans (vast majority)

Said Irish fans are Utd and Liverpool fans.

What angle are you coming from here?

• Advertisement

Lower yes but they should be challenging with that squad. Moyes was blamed for everything that went wrong but Van Gal seems immune from any criticism.

We weren't in the top 4 at this stage last season, we never won 5 in a row with Moyes.
    Moyes was good in the CL.

Van Gaal has the team going in the correct direction.

Van Gaal will be going for the title this season, he hasn't conceded yet, he said they will take it one game at a time and see where it leads.

I'd agree with you on the bolded part, except for 'that squad' has so far been unavailable for LVG to fully use. Injuries have riddled United this season, and I think this comes into play when people cast judgement on LVG so far at United.

With a fully fit squad including Di Maria, an in form Falcao and fully fit defensive line to chose from, yes Man United should be challenging for the title.

As it is though, I think we are doing very well for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

I just hope we can all get along and be nice.

RobertKK wrote: »
    We weren't in the top 4 at this stage last season, we never won 5 in a row with Moyes.
    Moyes was good in the CL.

Van Gaal has the team going in the correct direction.

Van Gaal will be going for the title this season, he hasn't conceded yet, he said they will take it one game at a time and see where it leads.

He has them going in the right direction because it was almost impossible to go any other way. He is without doubt a better manager than moyes but I just don't understand how utd fans expectations have dropped so much in the space of one season.

They'll be happy with top 4 I'd imagine this season.

Yeah they are only 6 points better off than under Moyes. Not sure about goals for and against. I'd imagine goals for should be better and against fcuk knows as the defense is patchy this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Team I'm hoping for tomorrow

De Gea
    Rafael-Jones-Evans-Rojo
    Carrick
    --Fellaini
    Herrera----
    Rooney
    ----Falcao
    RVP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

They'll be happy with top 4 I'd imagine this season.

Yeah they are only 6 points better off than under Moyes. Not sure about goals for and against. I'd imagine goals for should be better and against fcuk knows as the defense is patchy this season.

What would Liverpool be happy with this season?

Fuhrer wrote: »

Personally a trophy I'd be over the moon.

Top 4 also and I'd be doing sommersaults.

Silverware important imo

League cup would be great. A challenge for that fourth spot would do me now. I think the game next Sunday is bigger than tomorrow. Utd are expected to win tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

a top 17 place I'd say

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement