Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Liverpool, 14th Dec, 1.30PM K/O, *Mod Note 1st Post*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Balotelli on, can't expect to getting something out of this game without playing with a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Pighead wrote: »
    Jesus, lots of posters with remarkable vision here giving the linesman stick. That touch from Van Persie wasn't easy to spot. Ball barely deviated from it's path.

You imagine the referee from his angle would have seen the touch though. Easy enough to consult with the linesman after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

cournioni wrote: »
    Nah, it's only revenge for the corner kick Ashley Young should have had minutes earlier. ;)

But that's not in the past :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If I was Brendan Rodgers, I'd leave Mario sat on the bench. We're gonna play worse when he comes on, and Rodgers needs an excuse when we lose.

Bringing Balotelli on negates any excuse he could come up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    A United win and Liverpool have a decision to complain about. Everyone's happy

Better team is winning regardless though

God, couldn't disagree more. Oddly that is one of our better halves this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

United starting 11 was at the club last season. Nearly playing as bad as well :pac:

Have to be careful one of the yellows from the first half doesn't pick up another. Ref seems card happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Balotelli to come on and ignite Liverpools dreams of a top 6 finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Pighead wrote: »
    Jesus, lots of posters with remarkable vision here giving the linesman stick. That touch from Van Persie wasn't easy to spot. Ball barely deviated from it's path.

It's was mile offside and clear flick on rvp. How was missed by linesman if absolutely beyond belief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

#RodgersIn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

jaykay74 wrote: »
    United starting 11 was at the club last season. Nearly playing as bad as well :pac:

Have to be careful one of the yellows from the first half doesn't pick up another. Ref seems card happy.

not really, he's giving yellows for Utd players diving in....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

viper006 wrote: »
    It's was mile offside and clear flick on rvp. How was missed by linesman if absolutely beyond belief

clear after about 10 replays maybe. Even carra saying a tough one for the linesman

Clear touch from RVP there, get yourself in the box Allen, we need a couple more penalties!

he better not take Sterling off for Balotelli ?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well, clearly offside. Ah well, standard Old Trafford reffing unfortunately.

The lino should have checked the replay to be fair and then made his decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I actually think rvp misses the ball for the second goal. The spin of the ball did not change. Look at the pattern on the ball as it is crossed in.

mada999 wrote: »
    he better not take Sterling off for Balotelli ?!?!

If he did that, he may end up being the first manager to be sacked DURING a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

noodler wrote: »
    God, couldn't disagree more. Oddly that is one of our better halves this season.

Jesus. Both teams have been awful. Haven't watched that much of Liverpool this year so if that is one of your best halves it makes sense that you're struggling.

The refereeing team has pretty much failed at their jobs today. Too many cards for what is not a dirty game and missed the offside.

Fellaini needs to come off, as does Wilson.

I actually think rvp misses the ball for the second goal. The spin of the ball did not change. Look at the pattern on the ball as it is crossed in.

Lol etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

noodler wrote: »

United have 55% possession, the chances are similar, and United are clinical with those chances whereas Liverpool haven't been. I fail to see how they havent been the better team?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Strange game, 2 shots 2 goals no atmosphere just feels like a run of the mill league game.

But happy we are on the right side of this strange game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

jaykay74 wrote: »
    The lino should have checked the replay to be fair and then made his decision.

Ya because that's how it works :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Clear my hoop! Even after seeing ten replays it isn't clear. I do think it brushes off Van Persie's head but it's by no means obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It really goes to show how important some top quality attackers are to winning football matches.

Utd have been astonishingly terrible for most of the season but they've a pretty well balanced attack that are can nearly always be relied upon to score goals.

Liverpool have nothing up front really. They haven't played badly. There's just no threat in the team. It affords Utd a pretty large degree of comfort that they can play pretty much any way they like and Liverpool simply won't be able to score.

The only chance Liverpool have is a sending off, which given some of the tackles Utd have been putting in on the break, wouldn't be surprising.

I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool get one back but I can't see Utd failing to score in the 2nd half either so it should be pretty comfortable.

clear after about 10 replays maybe. Even carra saying a tough one for the linesman

Whole pub called it here . what are you talking about. It's one of worst offside goals I've seen given this season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Yes, it's beyond belief that Mike Mullarkey doesn't possess the superpower of seeing things in slow motion and in ultra zoom, how dare he.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

I think it's a legit goal myself.

Ref is too card happy for my liking and looks set to send off a united player at any time. My money is on Rooney. He is getting far to passionate and giving the ref an ear full.

Whole pub called it here . what are you talking about. It's one of worst offside goals I've seen given this season

It's clear that he's in an offside position, if and it's a big if, RVP touches the ball, What was not clear on first, second or even third watching is if he touched it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Liverpool fans will see it like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Can't help but feel we are going down to 10. Fellaini probably major culprit. Ref pretty cars happy for what's not a dirty game.

Poor performance but 2-0 up. I'd bring Herrera on for Fellaini...clever player to dictate the tempo and take control of this.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    United have 55% possession, the chances are similar, and United are clinical with those chances whereas Liverpool haven't been. I fail to see how they havent been the better team?

Basically Liverpool pressing better, creating more chances, forcing utd into reckless tackles, there would only be one in it if the officials had done their jobs correctly.

We have been expansive, playing near triangles, running at defenders etc.

I dont want to come off as blinkered given we are losing, but it's just the only performance this season so far that actually reminds me of last season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

The barstoolers have spoken. Let it be.

Fine, lets cancel the goal. utd are still winning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Both teams poor,2-0 flatters Utd,and the miscommunication between Utd back 5 is making Sterling look dangerous as a no 9 and that's a bit weird!!

TheDoc wrote: »
    Can't help but feel we are going down to 10. Fellaini probably major culprit. Ref pretty cars happy for what's not a dirty game.

Poor performance but 2-0 up. I'd bring Herrera on for Fellaini...clever player to dictate the tempo and take control of this.

He needs to bring fellaini off, he's brought very little to the game and I think he will get sent off if he continues the way he has

Yes, it's beyond belief that Mike Mullarkey doesn't possess the superpower of seeing things in slow motion and in ultra zoom, how dare he.

Defending the refs sums up United to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lallana off?

Fúck off.

I see Barcelona have a week off in January, Suarez in on a weeks loan? Please?
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Mario will pull this out of the fire for Liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

BaLOLitelli.

This could get interesting.

why take Llanna off...surely take Coutinho off first???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Gbear wrote: »
    It really goes to show how important some top quality attackers are to winning football matches.

Utd have been astonishingly terrible for most of the season but they've a pretty well balanced attack that are can nearly always be relied upon to score goals.

Liverpool have nothing up front really. They haven't played badly. There's just no threat in the team. It affords Utd a pretty large degree of comfort that they can play pretty much any way they like and Liverpool simply won't be able to score.

The only chance Liverpool have is a sending off, which given some of the tackles Utd have been putting in on the break, wouldn't be surprising.

I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool get one back but I can't see Utd failing to score in the 2nd half either so it should be pretty comfortable.

United have not been "astonishingly terrible" for most of this season. You ruin your post with that kind of a lie, and it's been a lie that I've heard from rival fans for two decades. United always seem to be playing badly and have loads of average players but still win things. Makes no sense.

We have not been amazing but we are worthy of Top 4 with how we've played for much of this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Gotta hit the target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That's a good chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just don't understand Rodgers thinking. Two goals down and he takes off Llalana while leaving on Allen who has been awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

theres the difference...henderson blazes over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That was a chance. Free header. Gotta keep it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Defending the refs sums up United to be honest

andersonisgod is a Chelsea fan

• Sneaky from moreno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Some of his own treatment for elbows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I thought it was offside on first look tbh...

Happy it wasn't though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Fellani looks hurt, better take him off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement