Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Liverpool, 14th Dec, 1.30PM K/O, *Mod Note 1st Post*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Chagan wrote: »
    No red cards or injuries either! What is happening?

its a christmas miracle:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Nice to have a comfortable win for a change after some nervy games

Can't call it a comfortable win if your goal keeper got MOTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I'm just preparing for the future.

Read: incorrect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

5KxdEW.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Loses 3-0...

Rodgers: "We did enough to win the game"

Cuckoo land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Haha alright so, top 4 sounds like where United are heading though!

It's only December.

I remember that. What was that cheat for?

Konami Code?

It's the general unlock for the playstation wasnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

De gea's reflexes attribute is now 21 out of 20 in football manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Easy when theres no consequences. Work off an honour system like golf or snooker and see does he call it at the time.:)

Miroslav Klose tried and failed to implement such a system in football, no honesty left in the game really. I for one, would be immensely proud if a Liverpool player called one on themselves, you know, if we were 5 or 6 goals up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What a stupid question, why would we be happy if he conceded at all?

Jesus your as bad as Billy.

When you concede a goal it can go a couple of ways. If the keeper is buried and has no chance, fair enough, If he should have saved it, you say he should have done better and criticise him. For all of the saves today , I fully believe Utd fans would have said he should have saved them had any gone in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Loses 3-0...

Cuckoo land.

He's been reading Alan Pardew's "Big Book of Talking Bollocks in Post-Game Interviews".

Are you capable of a proper reply?

Which one of the saves, had it gone in, would you have been happy that he couldn't have done better on?

You do realise that doesnt make sense? He saved the shot therefore if any of those had gone in he could have done better :confused::confused::confused: He has demonstrated that he was good enough to save everything thrown at him today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Why? You don't score against de gea with shít \ no strikers... Fact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

J. Marston wrote: »
    Loses 3-0...

Cuckoo land.

They created enough chances, but De Gea was fantastic.

Brad Jones was all over the place for the 1st and 3rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

When you concede a goal it can go a couple of ways. If the keeper is buried and has no chance, fair enough, If he should have saved it, you say he should have done better and criticise him. For all of the saves today , I fully believe Utd fans would have said he should have saved them had any gone in.

Are you capable of a proper reply?

The point still stands, why would we have been "happy" with him conceding any of those goals?

I remember that. What was that cheat for?

All Capcom games :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

That_Guy wrote: »
    He's been reading Alan Pardew's "Big Book of Talking Bollocks in Post-Game Interviews".
    Laughable comments.

If his team could defend as well as he defends himself they'd be alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I think the real argument here is that the Pool players maybe should have tested DDG more. I'm with you in that I feel he should save many of those attempts. It's just that the attempts were poor. I think people are being blinded by the potential pf the situations, rather than the reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Yeah I think Rodgers is crossing the line between being positive and being deluded!

Even if Liverpool had scored a few you just know we'd have let more in again with the terrible defending

I like for once to hear him not try to spin it, just call it for what it was and talk about where we are as a club at this point in time and what he plans to do to fix it....but I guess that's not the way to manage a PL team

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Well deserved MOTM for De Gea, he made fools of us today.
    Wonder if instead of a bottle of champagne, will they give him a box of doughnuts? :pac:

no bottle of champagne in the premier league any more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Solskjaer, who played with both Schmeichel and VDS said it was the best goalkeeping performance at OT he has ever seen. Now that I felt was hyperbolic, but it was a fantastic performance and there's no arguing it. When you're at the point of saying "if he didn't make the saves he made you wouldn't be calling it a good performance" that says it all.

Rewind back to Solskjaer's breakdown of his game, staying big, and staying calm as can be in one on one situations - nightmare for strikers to deal with.

Normally I'd agree but there is a confidence in DDG, even if he is under fire he isnt under pressure a lot of the time. Also, united scored early enough to allow it to feel comfortable.

Do get what you're saying though

• Sky are obsessing over the Liverpool chances, we had a few we missed that could have made it 5 or 6. Liverpool and in particular lovren are dire at the back.

We took our chances are are better up front, better team won!!

More beer!

The point still stands, why would we have been "happy" with him conceding any of those goals?

You wouldn't. that's exactly the point. Are you actually reading the posts? If Ballotelli rifled one in to the top corner from 25 yards that no keeper would save you'd have said "balls"and accepted conceding it. If the shot he sidefooted had gone in past De Gea's shoulder youd have said "De Gea should have saved that" .Stop focusing on your interpretation that "happy" meant youd be celebrating conceding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

BR is some man for the spin.Liverpool are brutal at the moment and he must take a huge amount of blame.Some of his decisions are strange to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

You wouldn't. that's exactly the point. Are you actually reading the posts? If Ballotelli rifled one in to the top corner from 25 yards that no keeper would save you'd have said "balls"and accepted conceding it. If the shot he sidefooted had gone in past De Gea's shoulder youd have said "De Gea should have saved that" .Stop focusing on your interpretation that "happy" meant youd be celebrating conceding.

Happy means being happy, you cannot change the definition of a word to suit your point, however silly it may be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

The way United have been giving the ball away the last few games by passes landing short are making other teams look better then they are.

when we get that sorted we'll be back to our best

Ah come here, in isolation yes, but he made the correct decision each time, kept himself big, didnt commit before he needed, kept pressure on the striker.

He did that each time, each shot, that'w what makes it a top notch keepin performance. The main thing you want from your keeper is consistency and no mistakes, DDG delivered in spades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Gerrard was barely noticeable today, had to check match stats to see if he was on for the 90 mins

I think the real argument here is that the Pool players maybe should have tested DDG more. I'm with you in that I feel he should save many of those attempts. It's just that the attempts were poor. I think people are being blinded by the potential pf the situations, rather than the reality.

Suarez would have been expecting and expected to come away from the combined chances with 2-3 goals. That's the unfortunate position that's this season compared to last.

The difference was more Liverpool not having Suarez but having Sterling and Ballotelli than Utd having De Gea imo.

Decent strikers hit corners with the shots. The Fowler goals shown Vs Schmeichel in the build up show how much a proper striker makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭e.r

NIMAN wrote: »
    Surely Real Madrid can't be genuinely interested in Sterling?

Over hyped English player as per media

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

That turned out to be as easy as a lot were saying before the game. Back in your box!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

DDG brilliant. Sterling's chances eat at my heart. Strike 2 for Rodgers. Lose to Arsenal and I'd say he is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Rooney past his peak - Scored today
    RVP past it - Scored today
    Mata past it - Scored and assisted goal today.

If only they were any good..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Nothing only dross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

That did cross my mind earlier, one poster in particular has been pushing these lines of late :pac:

Also, you're doing RvP a disservice, put him down for the assist for Mata :)

That did cross my mind earlier, one poster in particular has been pushing these lines of late :pac:

Also, you're doing RvP a disservice, put him down for the assist for Mata :)

He's claiming it anyway :pac:

Regardless of whether calling them past it is ridiculous or not, is scoring today really the tipping point that decided either way:confused:

Guy:Incognito's Diary 14/12/2014

Oh look utd fans happy with their players' performance against pool, better start taking potshots...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Don't agree with them being past it at all but equally I wouldn't be necessarily using the below as evidence of scoring prowess...

Rooney past his peak - Scored today (Took it well, decent shot but could have read 'War and Peace' before shooting with the time & space he was given)
    RVP past it - Scored today (Into an open goal)
    Mata past it - Scored and assisted goal today. (By being way offside)

• Advertisement

Regardless of whether calling them past it is ridiculous or not, is scoring today really the tipping point that decided either way:confused:

why would you think they are past it?

Guy:Incognito's Diary 14/12/2014

Oh look utd fans happy with their players' performance against pool, better start taking potshots...

Who have I taken potshots at? Not creaming myself over 5 or 6 saves that would have been poor goals had they gone in isn't taking potshots at anyone.

Just like I've never gone full on Hyperbole when Sterling has a decent game.

I'm sure it's been mentioned but I think it's fairly significant that the entire Utd starting XI were at the club last season. Just goes to show that LvG has made a huge difference and it's not just the massive money spent that has turned things around.

Having said that, De Gea did keep Utd in it at times.

Mr_Red wrote: »
    why would you think they are past it?

When did I say they had? Im assumeing someone did and that's where the post I quoted came from.

I was just questioning why today would be the ne that shows they aren't.

I'm fairly sure I posted in support of Rooney in the thread about him topping Shearers record. I've never been one to write off 30 year olds as past it and Mata is 26 ffs, he may not be the all conquering Xavi replacement Mourinho was expecting but theoretically his prime should be over the next 4 or 5 years.

Who have I taken potshots at? Not creaming myself over 5 or 6 saves that would have been poor goals had they gone in isn't taking potshots at anyone.

Your main contribution to this thread has been having arguments with fans from one side who won a huge game (for the fans anyway) 3-0 and shock horror they are happy with the performance of their players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Yes

When did I say they had? Im assumeing someone did and that's where the post I quoted came from.

I was just questioning why today would be the ne that shows they aren't.

I'm fairly sure I posted in support of Rooney in the thread about him topping Shearers record. I've never been one to write off 30 year olds as past it.

ah ok sorry. they are clearly not past it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Such a pity about the injuries this season. Could have been a lot better with Di Maria, Blind, Shaw, Rojo and Rafael in there, United's shape at the moment isn't great but if we could get those players back and settled in a good run of games it could make all the difference.

Such a pity about the injuries this season. Could have been a lot better with Di Maria, Blind, Shaw, Rojo and Rafael in there, United's shape at the moment isn't great but if we could get those players back and settled in a good run of games it could make all the difference.

More important is when we pass the ball, it needs to reach a team mate.

our passing as been horrendous this season.

I can except losing the ball to tackles but too many times we are passing to the opposition

• Advertisement

Your main contribution to this thread has been having arguments with fans from one side who won a huge game (for the fans anyway) 3-0 and shock horror they are happy with the performance of their players.

I questioned the posts going on about De Gea's amazing saves when imo they were all saves he should have been making. Same way had Sterling scored a goal or two he wouldn't suddenly have been Pele. The saves were ones youd expect him to make. The goals were ones I'd expect Sterling to score. The result is, De Gea did well, Sterling was poor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement