Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Liverpool, 14th Dec, 1.30PM K/O, *Mod Note 1st Post*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mr_Red wrote: »
    More important is when we pass the ball, it needs to reach a team mate.

our passing as been horrendous this season.

I can except losing the ball to tackles but too many times we are passing to the opposition

United struggled in finding a man when Liverpool pressed them high up the pitch, it was a fairly nervous defensive display in the first half. Jonny Evans frightened the life out of me on a few occasions and I would rate him as pretty decent in possession. Rojo is a good option in a game like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    My oh my, aren't we all puffy chested after some short term change in fortunes!! :pac:

Unfortunately ye are likely to be right, but a nice glimpse into the mire of times past in those quotes.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

:pac:

Yeah, the 'ye are likely to be right' part of that quote really zings me. Oh the humanity.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    My oh my, aren't we all puffy chested after some short term change in fortunes!! :pac:

Unfortunately ye are likely to be right, but a nice glimpse into the mire of times past in those quotes.

indeed whereas liverpool supporters where modest beyond belief last year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

indeed whereas liverpool supporters where modest beyond belief last year :rolleyes:

Doesnt excuse gloating, just encourages it unfortunately

• Advertisement

Doesnt excuse gloating, just encourages it unfortunately

meh i stick clear of the match threads in general as they tend to turn into pissing matches but its a tad hypocritical is all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

meh i stick clear of the match threads in general as they tend to turn into pissing matches but its a tad hypocritical is all

It really is! :pac:

D'Agger wrote: »
    It really is! :pac:

in general ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Nice comfortable win :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,595 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

When United win, Utd/LFC match thread be like

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

When United lose, Utd/LFC match thread be like

nuclear-explosion-o.gif

Odd...

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Another mid table team for Manchester United next week away to Villa on Saturday.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I've read Sterling was worth 50 million earlier on boards. he needs to be taking chances like he has had today to be considered in that bracket. Overall united deserved their win, very easy, Liverpool were so poor, so many problems it's unbelievable. Brad Jones as a starter was madness, he was very poor for the rooney goal, he made no saves, mig on his worst day is better than Jones on his best day.

Like wise with united, Jones and Evans are mediocre at best beyond belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I've read Sterling was worth 50 million earlier on boards. he needs to be taking chances like he has had today to be considered in that bracket. Overall united deserved their win, very easy, Liverpool were so poor, so many problems it's unbelievable. Brad Jones as a starter was madness, he was very poor for the rooney goal, he made no saves, mig on his worst day is better than Jones on his best day.

Like wise with united, Jones and Evans are mediocre at best beyond belief.

Mediocre at best beyond belief is still better than Lovren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

J. Marston wrote: »
    Loses 3-0...

Rodgers: "We did enough to win the game"

Cuckoo land.

How so is he in cuckoo land ?

Three different players scored yet the commentators and the likes give your goalie man of the match . So em yeah he really in cuckoo land .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Great win today but let's not get ahead of ourselves we were playing a mid table team...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

2 poor teams that have zero chance of winning the league over the next few seasons. The poorest Man Utd team in a decade only papering over the cracks with a deceptive 3-0 win. Game probably could have been 2-2 or 3-3 thereabouts. None of the creative players made any sort of impact on the game, Coutinho/Rooney being the best of them with Rooney in the first half in particular being more influential. That tells its own story.

How many of these would get into City/Chelsea team? De Gea ahead of Joe Hart and that's about it.

Liverpool should be ashamed of their performance on this day whereas United are on the pigs back with 6 wins in a row despite being extremely average over them 6 games. Sad for what was once Englands finest.

2 poor teams that have zero chance of winning the league over the next few seasons. The poorest Man Utd team in a decade only papering over the cracks with a deceptive 3-0 win. Game probably could have been 2-2 or 3-3 thereabouts. None of the creative players made any sort of impact on the game, Coutinho/Rooney being the best of them with Rooney in the first half in particular being more influential. That tells its own story.

How many of these would get into City/Chelsea team? De Gea ahead of Joe Hart and that's about it.

Liverpool should be ashamed of their performance on this day whereas United are on the pigs back with 6 wins in a row despite being extremely average over them 6 games. Sad for what was once Englands finest.
    Not so sad I am delighted at how things are going 6 straight wins...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

Yeah...Rooney,Falcao,Di Maria and Van Persie would never get any game time at City or Chelsea. Absolutely no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Looking for a bit of advice from Liverpool fans, when should we start singing we are gonna win the league?

United are on the pigs back with 6 wins in a row despite being extremely average over them 6 games. Sad for what was once Englands finest.

Imagine what they'll be like when they start playing well!!!
    They'll probably start picking up 4 points a game.

• Advertisement

Look at United panel and think about comment re nobody would get near city or Chelsea team... If no other name is mentioned angel di maria says hello :D

20 times

4.5 per game I reckon

Yeah...Rooney,Falcao,Di Maria and Van Persie would never get any game time at City or Chelsea. Absolutely no chance.

Di Maria would ... but wasn't on the pitch today. Rooney would not get in ahead of Costa/Aguero nor would RVP. FACT ... as for Falcao ... sweet jesus. He is a crock. If and its a massive IF he can ever get back to where he was ... maybe. Until then no no and no.

... before its mentioned, Rooney would not get in ahead of Silva behind the striker either although for the record Rooney was really good in a deeper role today. Very effective in the first 40 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Worst team to ever be 3rd in the league I reckon!

Outsiders for the league title .... :D:D:D

Outsiders for the league title .... :D:D:D

Me bollox, nailed on certs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Di Maria would ... but wasn't on the pitch today. Rooney would not get in ahead of Costa/Aguero nor would RVP. FACT ... as for Falcao ... sweet jesus. He is a crock. If and its a massive IF he can ever get back to where he was ... maybe. Until then no no and no.

... before its mentioned, Rooney would not get in ahead of Silva behind the striker either although for the record Rooney was really good in a deeper role today. Very effective in the first 40 mins.

You've confused the word fact with opinion. Simple enough mistake to make I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Rooney had more goals and assists in 3 less games since aguero came to England.

In his last 100 games at old Trafford he had scored 64 goals and assisted 28.
    Worst player ever. Sign of the times giving him the captains armband.

• Advertisement

I bet you would do anything to have any of our strikers playing for you... And rooney has a better record.than agers and Costa anyways

UUUUUUUNIIIIIIIIITEDDDDDDDD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

ezgif-3652397292.gif

jaykay74 wrote: »
    You've confused the word fact with opinion. Simple enough mistake to make I guess.

Aguero/Costa ... v RVP/Rooney ... FACT, as much fact as there could be. The very thought of suggesting that Aguero in particular is not without a doubt the best striker in the PL is laughable.

Take the rose tinted glasses off mate. :rolleyes:

Rooney would be in City's first 11 if he signed for them. He would be accommodated for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Aguero/Costa ... v RVP/Rooney ... FACT, as much fact as there could be. The very thought of suggesting that Aguero in particular is not without a doubt the best striker in the PL is laughable.

Nah I wouldn't have Aguero this week over Rooney tbh. As big a fan of him that I am.

Rooney would be in City's first 11 if he signed for them. He would be accommodated for sure.

On the wing instead if Milner maybe for a few carling cup games. He had a chance to go to Chelsea last year but decided to opt out, lack of ambition and didn't want to win stuff anymore. Only picking up a paycheck these days. But what a paycheck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

When United win, Utd/LFC match thread be like

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

When United lose, Utd/LFC match thread be like

nuclear-explosion-o.gif

Odd...

So does that not tell you Man Utd fans can't handle losing to Liverpool :)

Liam O wrote: »
    Nah I wouldn't have Aguero this week over Rooney tbh. As big a fan of him that I am.

Sober up man ... beer goggles are dangerous. Promise me you'll not drive home!

You may have a point... Big clubs hate losing to small clubs ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

On the wing instead if Milner maybe for a few carling cup games. He had a chance to go to Chelsea last year but decided to opt out, lack of ambition and didn't want to win stuff anymore. Only picking up a paycheck these days. But what a paycheck!

Hahaha. Yeah. Lack of ambition being the captain of one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Yeah he decided to opt out, not like the club didn't accept an offer or anything, but hey if I about FACT loud enough it might be true.

FACT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

You need to reach higher to get to the straws man.

It's all about the straws.

• Advertisement

Rolleyes. Rose tinted glasses :pac:

My opinion is that Aguero/Costa are well ahead of RVP/Rooney.

Fact v Opinion. Its a tough one alright.

Hahaha. Yeah. Lack of ambition being the captain of one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Yeah he decided to opt out, not like the club didn't accept an offer or anything, but hey if I about FACT loud enough it might be true.

FACT

Reminds me of Shearer not signing for United ... you go somewhere where you KNOW you are guaranteed trophies. Rooney might well never win another PL again.

In reality he held the club to ransom twice and got payed handsomely. There were many that would have been glad to see the back of him especially when RVP signed.

... being one of the biggest clubs in the world is great but being a distant 3rd/4th behind city/chelsea is small consolation these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

some pathetic posters in these threads.FACT

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Rolleyes. Rose tinted glasses :pac:

My opinion is that Aguero/Costa are well ahead of RVP/Rooney.

Fact v Opinion. Its a tough one alright.

So we agree ... fair enuff. Fact prevails ... :D

So we agree ... fair enuff. Fact prevails ... :D

Demosthenese 1 English Language 0 ;):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

lvgfyjt4.gif

Reminds me of Shearer not signing for United ... you go somewhere where you KNOW you are guaranteed trophies. Rooney might well never win another PL again.

In reality he held the club to ransom twice and got payed handsomely. There were many that would have been glad to see the back of him especially when RVP signed.

... being one of the biggest clubs in the world is great but being a distant 3rd/4th behind city/chelsea is small consolation these days.
    A bet on whether rooney lifts another place title??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

yabadabado wrote: »
    some pathetic posters in these threads.FACT

Keep it to match discussion please, just posting about fans/posters isn't the direction we want to go in.

Thread went well anyway, some mad posts but it's been good natured at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,595 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement