Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Liverpool, 14th Dec, 1.30PM K/O, *Mod Note 1st Post*

1171819202123»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Reminds me of Shearer not signing for United ... you go somewhere where you KNOW you are guaranteed trophies. Rooney might well never win another PL again.

In reality he held the club to ransom twice and got payed handsomely. There were many that would have been glad to see the back of him especially when RVP signed.

... being one of the biggest clubs in the world is great but being a distant 3rd/4th behind city/chelsea is small consolation these days.

Ah jaysus. Look your obviously just deluded and acting the gowl.
    Harping on about how much he gets paid, what about his tax?

Yeah lack of ambition or shearer. Sure.
    Rooney won the international champions cup this year. What did aguero and costa win?

Aguero is better, but your belittlement of fantastic players is annoying, thinking you have them sussed out. Yeah top players playing in the top league for the top teams. Yup no ambition.

FACT

OPINION

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

So we agree ... fair enuff. Fact prevails ... :D

Hows it looking down there

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90009655

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Di maria and rooney would start for chelsea over oscar and willian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

A bet on whether rooney lifts another place title??

Ohhhh .... 29 years old. That probably gives him 3 years i reckon. Maybe 4 at the top. Yes, that is a BET ;). See you in 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'm happy with the improvement anyway. Last season we were being told United players were not good enough for Liverpool, now it's Chelsea and City, we're on the up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Ohhhh .... 29 years old. That probably gives him 3 years i reckon. Maybe 4 at the top. Yes, that is a BET ;). See you in 2018.

tumblr_m140vycDbs1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Di maria and rooney would start for chelsea over oscar and willian.

As mentioned Di Maria wasn't on the pitch today ... i'd expect him to get into both sides. Rooney wouldn't get in ahead of Costa/Aguero ... thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ugh tiring reading all the fact crap

Mr_Red wrote: »

LOL!!! how long have you been trolling my posts? I must have really twitched a nerve ... sweet. Anyway ... you insinuate that Liverpool have hit rock bottom. How wrong you are Sir. :D

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    ugh tiring reading all the fact crap

Utd are better than Liverpool

FACT

LOL!!! how long have you been trolling my posts? I must have really twitched a nerve ... sweet. Anyway ... you insinuate that Liverpool have hit rock bottom. How wrong you are Sir. :D

Are they going to go further yeah?

Can't wait.

nope 10th is too high for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

As mentioned Di Maria wasn't on the pitch today ... i'd expect him to get into both sides. Rooney wouldn't get in ahead of Costa/Aguero ... thanks.

No id have rooney as a number 10. Di maria and Hazard as inverted wingers would be devasting and costa with rooney being supplied by cesc is football manager stuff.

Are they going to go further yeah?

Can't wait.

Seriously? Sure they can. We have a few "Brendan Rodgers out" planes with signs on them ready to fly over Anfield on match day. Then maybe send the same plane to Camp Nou with a "Luis come back" sign on it. Until then we have not yet reached rock bottom.

Real classy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

whats the bet?

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    No id have rooney as a number 10. Di maria and Hazard as inverted wingers would be devasting and costa with rooney being supplied by cesc is football manager stuff.

If we are playing Fifa15, i'd have Silva in the no.10 ... :D ... possibly Yaya.

Seriously? Sure they can. We have a few "Brendan Rodgers out" planes with signs on them ready to fly over Anfield on match day. Then maybe send the same plane to Camp Nou with a "Luis come back" sign on it. Until then we have not yet reached rock bottom.

Real classy.

Are you boardsing while drinking?
    I don't know what you are trying to say about Liverpool hitting rock bottom so turn it around at a few utd fans fr getting a plane?

that link is fantastic.. thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

Real classy.

#RodgersIn
    #FootballGenius

#we`regonnawintheleague lets talk class then

• Advertisement

whats the bet?

I figure 3-1 for me ... if i am wrong i will fund the "Come back Ronaldo" to the tune of €20 ... if you are wrong you send €60 to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The season United won the league most of the players wouldn't have made it into Chelsea or City :confused:

With everyone fit this is probably the best United squad since 2008 at least

I figure 3-1 for me ... if i am wrong i will fund the "Come back Ronaldo" to the tune of €20 ... if you are wrong you send €60 to me.
    hold on now you were saying rooney wouldnt lift another title yet you want odds to you that he will...

i should be getting odds.... if we are going by your talk

that link is fantastic.. thanks for that.

Karma's a b1tch :pac:

Are you boardsing while drinking?
    I don't know what you are trying to say about Liverpool hitting rock bottom so turn it around at a few utd fans fr getting a plane?

Drinks ... of course.
    Explanation : I do not think Liverpool have not hit rock bottom yet ... when comparing it my quote that was dragged up i felt United had hit the bottom rung of the ladder when they were booing their players off the pitch (Fellaini) and then sending planes over the stadium to state they wanted the manager out.

I simply so not think Liverpool have reached those depths of despair .... YET.

hold on now you were saying rooney wouldnt lift another title yet you want odds to you that he will...

i should be getting odds.... if we are going by your talk

Hes a liverpool supporter listing united players saying they wouldnt get into other teams says alot

Drinks ... of course.
    Explanation : I do not think Liverpool have not hit rock bottom yet ... when comparing it my quote that was dragged up i felt United had hit the bottom rung of the ladder when they were booing their players off the pitch (Fellaini) and then sending planes over the stadium to state they wanted the manager out.

I simply so not think Liverpool have reached those depths of despair .... YET.
    did they ever climb above it? and the bet???? lets do a charity bet?
    childrens hospital maybe crumlin or temple street benefit?

Hes a liverpool supporter listing united players saying they wouldnt get into other teams says alot

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91026494

Kinda like Rooney don't ya?

LMFAO!!!! Karma is indeed a bitch. "Let he who has not sinned" :D:D

did they ever climb above it? and the bet???? lets do a charity bet?
    childrens hospital maybe crumlin or temple street benefit?

Very good idea ... Crumlin is a good choice having gotten superb treatment from them before.

... btw - interestingly Liverpool can use the United change in fortunes as something to aim for. This whole rock bottom thing. Nobody ever doubted United would improve from last season ... it couldn't get worse tbf.

thats an opinion.. you are spouting bile re united and tbh there is no need. you said you were drinking, posting on boards drunk is a bad idea.
    i know i found out the hard way :(

• Advertisement

i am bowing out of this thread lads. goodnight

If Rooney was sold last summer I wouldnt have had an issue with it.

he would have been replaced as United love to buy great strikers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Well that was ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well that was ****e.

I thought it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Is it my imagination or was mourhino chasing Rooney like a madman last year??

Chelsea and city would make room for Rooney in a heartbeat, anyone who thinks differently is a bit mad!!!!

• niallo27 wrote: »
    Well that was ****e.

Poor Niallo...

You mad bro?

I backed off during the week so I owed you that :D

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well that was ****e.

Indeed

But If I was you I would be gutted if you dont get a transfer kitty for Christmas.

Will the Pool owners trust BR with pocket money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Poor Niallo...

You mad bro?

I backed off during the week so I owed you that :D

Disillusioned is more the word. I don't think the performance was that bad just utd were clinical.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ok, thanks for a (mostly) tame United vs Pool thread. No serious problems and a pretty smooth topic.

We'll close things off now as discussion of the match itself seems to be winding down, and the fans can go back to their superthreads to continue discussions if they want. Thanks all :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement