Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Liverpool, 14th Dec, 1.30PM K/O, *Mod Note 1st Post*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

darced wrote: »
    We cant field anything stronger in those positions and we are minus the million quid a week in wages strikeforce.

So you're predicting a comfortable United win?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Complete and utter unquestionable dross of the highest order, I'm surprised the premier league they are playing in isn't of the blue square variety tbh

image1_zps357038af.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

That's all very well Mr.Rooney, but don't you know all Liverpool have to do is turn up and "add a bit of pace to their play". Speedy G, Lightening Lambert and Usain Allen should see to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

You think Herrera is as good as Oscar and Yaya?

Not fit to lace Yayas boots tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Next he'll be showing us some fifa stats and the match him simulated Man U pumping the Pool 10 zip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Hes no Joe Allen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'm on the bus to the airport. This is bonkers but **** it. Utd away is always a great buzz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

You think Herrera is as good as Oscar and Yaya?

He's as good as Oscar yes and Yaya is on his off season so probably close enough.

But I'm sure you've seen him play a lot this season along with the other dross like Fellaini, Jones and Rojo so you're probably right about that. Good attempt to get the slinging started.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Two fragile sides playing out a 0-0 - possibly settled by Van Persie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Vidic to get sent off.

Yeah, pulls Torres down as Torres sprints (???) past:-)

5live wrote: »

They were great days when Vidic was sent off every time they played. Sad to see him gone from utd. Was handy against ten men.

niallo27 wrote: »
    They were great days when Vidic was sent off every time they played. Sad to see him gone from utd. Was handy against ten men.

Yeah those were the days. Defensive records broken and teams like Liverpool didn't stand a chance of finishing above United.

Liam O wrote: »
    Yeah those were the days. Defensive records broken and teams like Liverpool didn't stand a chance of finishing above United.

No defensive records broken against liverpool. My post was specific to liverpool utd games. Outside these games he was one of the best the premier league has seen.

No defensive records broken against liverpool. My post was specific to liverpool utd games. Outside these games he was one of the best the premier league has seen.

Even if it was specific to those games you still ignored the multiple clean sheets with Vidic in the team against the Pool...

Even if it was specific to those games you still ignored the multiple clean sheets with Vidic in the team against the Pool...

Liverpool have scored in the last 11 league meetings with utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

I think Liverpool looked broken after the Basle match during the week. 10 man Liverpool used a lot of energy in that match and it will have us fooked psychologically and physically for today's match. I can't even find solace in United's dodgy defence because as bad as it's perceived, Liverpool's forward play is worse.

Still I can't believe united are doing so well in the league and fair play for dragging themselves up to the top 4, anytime I've watched them they have been poor. The only light I can see here is past performances can't be used as a guide in this match and a miracle is possible. 3 one to Liverpool.

Liverpool have scored in the last 11 league meetings with utd.

Oh sorry, were you not talking about Torres? Presumed it was that period you were talking about seeing as how that's when the high profile mistakes from Vidic occurred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Well of course... Going by those stats, he's better.

TBF he does look a good prospect.

Oh sorry, were you not talking about Torres? Presumed it was that period you were talking about seeing as how that's when the high profile mistakes from Vidic occurred.

Well he gave away a pen and got sent off last year to keep the trend up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Goals scored/goals conceded last 6 games.

Manchester United 10/4
    Liverpool 6/7

United scored on average 1.66 goals per game compared to 1 goal a game for Liverpool.
    Over the season United average 1.73 compared to 1.27 for Liverpool.

United conceded on average 0.67 goals per game compared to 1.17 for Liverpool.
    Over the season United conceded on average 1.13 per game compared to 1.27 for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

RobertKK wrote: »
    Goals scored/goals conceded last 6 games.

Manchester United 10/4
    Liverpool 6/7

United scored on average 1.66 goals per game compared to 1 goal a game for Liverpool.
    Over the season United average 1.73 compared to 1.27 for Liverpool.

United conceded on average 0.67 goals per game compared to 1.17 for Liverpool.

Form goes out the window in these games.

I hope so anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Everything about this game says united are going to spank Liverpool harder than Margaret Thatcher did.

But someone needs to shut those united supporters up thinking they'll win the league, so I predict a 1 nil Liverpool win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

utd to avenge last years drubbing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Everything about this game says united are going to spank Liverpool harder than Margaret Thatcher did.

But someone needs to shut those united supporters up thinking they'll win the league, so I predict a 1 nil Liverpool win.

No true utd supporter believes the tesm is good enough to win the league!!!! They are overjoyed as to how they are currently performing!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I think Vidic vs Torres finished up about 8-2 in Vidic's favour by the end. Skewed a bit by the games vs Chelsea. Was still a silly decision to have Vidic marking him in that 4-1, given how Ferdinand had dominated Torres the 2 games previously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The way the 'pool have been playing recently, it all points to a Utd victory, but that probably means 'pool will suprise us all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I must of heard the phrase ''form goes out the window in these games'' at least 10 times in relation to this game over the last few days.

If people actually thought for a second about whether or not it ''went out the window'' the last time the two sides met (hint: it didn't) they would know it's not necessarily true and realise it's just a meaningless cliche.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Form stays in the room, comfortably sat in its favourite chair. United destroy Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Form stays in the room, comfortably sat in its favourite chair.
    It flew out the window yesterday, breaking a bone in its arm and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Last 10 games where United played at home to Liverpool in the premier league.
    United have 8 wins 2 losses, no draws.
    Average score rounded to the nearest whole number is:
    United 2-1 Liverpool

All this talk of form being out the window is rubbish. Form has ruled the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Looks like James Wilson will start alongside RvP with Rooney in behind. Steve Bates reporting it and he's been spot on with team news this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Watching this game in work today. The last few games I watched in work were

Man City 4-1 Man Utd
    Liverpool 1-0 Man Utd
    Chelsea 3-0 Man Utd

I'm sorry lads I should have called in sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

Blatter wrote: »
    Looks like James Wilson will start alongside RvP with Rooney in behind. Steve Bates reporting it and he's been spot on with team news this season.

Poor old Falcao needs to start buying into the'philosophy'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

So, some very critical views from Rene M today in a piece with ESPN. Seems so bitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Hoping for a decent contest here. A four all draw with 4 calamitous own goals from each team and no one coming out of the game looking good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Corvo wrote: »
    So, some very critical views from Rene M today in a piece with ESPN. Seems so bitter.

Can you blame him? He was treated poorly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Kirby wrote: »
    Can you blame him? He was treated poorly.

Not by LVG he wasn't but obviously harbours a personal problem with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Hes comes across as very bitter towards united since last season. Everything he has said has been very negative

• Advertisement

• Blatter wrote: »
    Its a big call, Wilson's pace is exciting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Can't wait to see more of Wilson, Falcao shouldn't be started until he's 100% fit

Think we've only played 5 at the back once at home and we lost to Swansea, it doesn't work at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Utd have had to play three at the back because they haven't had enough defenders fit to play four. If Rafael and Shaw are back fit I fully expect four at the back. Rojo can even play left back if Jones and Evans are back fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

5live wrote: »

It's not easy keeping pace when you're lugging 5 league medals around.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Oranage2 wrote: »

Any united fan who thinks they'll win the league is deluded..

Win today, cement top 4 over Christmas, happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

2-0 RVP, Rooney with a possible second yellow for Rooney for celebrating having been previously booked for decent, just like the old gypsy woman said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

padd b1975 wrote: »
    It's not easy keeping pace when you're lugging 5 league medals around.;)

He shouldn't really play football with them then :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Not surprised after he was kicked out the door to be replaced by Moyes staff who hasn't a PL medal to their name apart from Phil Neville.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

utd going to hammer liverpool today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This is gonna be a stroll in the park for United. Many lols will be had.
    Very confident of a handy United win after a flying opening 15 minutes from the Pool.

4-1 United.
    nuxxx wrote: »
    3-1 United, RVPs recent form is encouraging
    zerks wrote: »
    Here we go-a new season with Liverpool back to usual and United in resurgance after a season of sh1te.
    8 books later and title celebrations that lasted the month of April only for Liverpool to discover the season didn't end until May the shock of watching the title slip away has left the team a shell of the one of last season,the lack of verve,industry and bite has seen Liverpool turn in some shambolic performances.

United are back on the rise no thanks to a bit of luck in more than a few games as the turgid,one dimensional dross of last season is slowly being cast behind.Gone is the king of hide & seek on a football field as TC23 moved on to be replaced by Herrera who can actually play a bit so now we look like we have a functioning midfield compared to the gaping chasm that teams waltzed through last season.
    It might not be pretty tomorrow but it will be enthralling as United work on cementing a CL place and Liverpool aim for 7th.
    Fuhrer wrote: »
    What would Liverpool be happy with this season?
    a top 17 place I'd say
    like a cup final for a midtable team to go to the theatre of dreams so I expect liverpool to show up in this game

United may get complacent with the run they are on
    Blue giant wrote: »
    Rooney to have a stormer and United to win 3-1. 2 for Rooney, 1 for Van Persie.
    Form stays in the room, comfortably sat in its favourite chair. United destroy Liverpool.
    syngindub wrote: »
    utd going to hammer liverpool today

My oh my, aren't we all puffy chested after some short term change in fortunes!! :pac:

Unfortunately ye are likely to be right, but a nice glimpse into the mire of times past in those quotes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement