Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing stereo mix

Options
  • 10-12-2014 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e24c8i6xloU

Is this safe to do? Or what is the best way to record sound only from an online when stereo mixis not on pc. Faststone will but it has pictures too

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Stereo mix certainly would be your best bet recording sound. Some commercial solutions exist which install a driver that hooks onto the playback device but thats messy. I have noticed some machines (particularly OEM builds like Dell or Sony) don't support Stereo Mix. It does come mostly disabled on default installations so check that your Stereo Mix isn't disabled, see here.
    Making sure your sound card drivers are up todate (that I think from glancing at the video above is doing?) would be a good start also. your system may not use Realtek HD codecs as used in that video, you'll need to check what your sound chipset is first

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Yorker

yoyo wrote: »
    Stereo mix certainly would be your best bet recording sound. Some commercial solutions exist which install a driver that hooks onto the playback device but thats messy. I have noticed some machines (particularly OEM builds like Dell or Sony) don't support Stereo Mix. It does come mostly disabled on default installations so check that your Stereo Mix isn't disabled, see here.
    Making sure your sound card drivers are up todate (that I think from glancing at the video above is doing?) would be a good start also. your system may not use Realtek HD codecs as used in that video, you'll need to check what your sound chipset is first

Nick
    i don't have it disabled or otherwise

Advertisement