Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've 4 euro what can I get for lunch?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ciaranlong

Yakuza wrote: »
    A bit late, but Tesco do a "Meal Deal" for a sandwich, drink and crisps / bar of chocolate for €3.50 (would be around a fiver if the most expensive thing in each category is bought separately ).

It's worth pointing out the Tesco meal deal, but I have to say that I never find it to be filling enough myself. It's the sandwich that it is the weak part of the deal.

Star pizza on Talbot Street on the connolly station side does a 9 inch pizza, small portion of chips and a can for €5, and has plenty of seating

Now that is a good deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

ciaranlong wrote: »
    It's worth pointing out the Tesco meal deal, but I have to say that I never find it to be filling enough myself. It's the sandwich that it is the weak part of the deal.

I don't disagree; there is a range of sandwiches there, from a thin "just ham" one, to a mid-sized tuna/sweetcorn to a fairly hefty chicken/lettuce/bacon, but they don't quite fill me up. What I tend to do is buy a 12-pack of crisps (and leave it in my desk) and then buy an orange juice, sandwich and chocolate bar under the deal and supplement the meal with one (or two :)) packets of crisps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Small 4 in 1 - shredded chicken (or 2 chicken balls), fried rice, chips, curry sauce from Saigon City under the bridge in Amiens Street.

50c more would get you Chicken or Beef Curry, fried rice and chips in a small tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

spurious wrote: »
    Small 4 in 1 - shredded chicken (or 2 chicken balls), fried rice, chips, curry sauce from Saigon City under the bridge in Amiens Street.

50c more would get you Chicken or Beef Curry, fried rice and chips in a small tray.

when did u last visit? I thought it had closed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

badker wrote: »
    when did u last visit? I thought it had closed

Re-opened today. Was there this afternoon. The whole place has been refitted and he has a whole new menu that I think will go much better in that location. Still does all the Vietnamese specials too.

Yakuza wrote: »
    I don't disagree; there is a range of sandwiches there, from a thin "just ham" one, to a mid-sized tuna/sweetcorn to a fairly hefty chicken/lettuce/bacon, but they don't quite fill me up. What I tend to do is buy a 12-pack of crisps (and leave it in my desk) and then buy an orange juice, sandwich and chocolate bar under the deal and supplement the meal with one (or two :)) packets of crisps.

That's good thinking to supplement it alright. It's never quite enough on its own ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

spurious wrote: »
    Re-opened today. Was there this afternoon. The whole place has been refitted and he has a whole new menu that I think will go much better in that location. Still does all the Vietnamese specials too.

Went there this evening lovely Pho beef. Reckon its better than Photo Viet on Parnell street. Hope he does well lovely guy.

The Spar and Centra on Dame St are both pretty good. Well the Spar is nicer. I was walking by them earlier - they are directly facing each other at the junction of Dame St and George's St. Anyway, there is plenty of space to sit down (particularly in the Spar) and lots of options to spend €4 on.

Advertisement