Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 15 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

WTF!? Can someone explain why the whistle was blown for a safety when Lacy had possession? That's unbelievable!

BTW, what I said was true... Bulaga going out wound up ending the game.

Worst f***ing rule I have ever heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Weird call to likely end the game in Buffalo. Unable to advance a fumble in the last 2 minutes for the offence!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Spookyspook

Glorious! Safety!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Oh dear.

Can you have an onside free kick?

Billy86 wrote: »
    WTF!? Can someone explain why the whistle was blown for a safety when Lacy had possession? That's unbelievable!

I don't get the rule either, why can't you advance it inside 2 mins?

Terrible game from Rodgers, terrible game from Nelson, terrible game from the line, terrible game from the entire special teams. Lacy and the defense are the only ones who can be anything but embarrassed by that performance. Oh well.

Funny enough when Rodgers was having his other great year in 2011, he was beaten in week 15 away to a team with a quality defense and pass rush, quarterbacked by Kyle Orton. :o

Yes is the answer! Wow. I feel a bit better about the Denver performance last week against Buffalo.

If someone other than the fumbler recovers the ball during the two minute warning, the ball is dead. Automatic safety

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

padraig_f wrote: »

Player could deliberately fumble with time running out:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roller_%28American_football%29

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What an ending there. Bet down the drain :(
    Can't believe its Green Bay that didn't get the win.
    Massive loss for them in the context of home field advantage for all the play offs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Weird rule alright, they say it was brought in as a result of the Holy Roller.

Probably the same reason receivers can push a DB over and get a pass interference/holding call in their favour over it. There are a few terrible, terrible rules in the NFL that I really just have no logical explanation for.

It goes back to a Raiders game in the 70's (if I remember correctly) They were down a score inside the last 2 minutes. Just as the QB was about to be tackled he purposely fumbled the ball. Various Raider players proceeded to kick and bat the ball down the field, into the endzone, where it was recovered for a touchdown.

Here we go - why you can't advance a fumble inside of two minutes (unless the fumbling player is the one that recovers)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roller_(American_football)

I think it's a fair rule but NFL rules are enforced regardless of whether the situation was what the rule was intended for. I doubt this was the idea when making it.

What an ending there. Bet down the drain :(
    Can't believe its Green Bay that didn't get the win.
    Massive loss for them in the context of home field advantage for all the play offs.

Massive, massive loss. It did have a bit of a banana skin feeling to it though - said before kickoff that the Bills and Texans could pull off upsets, just wish it was the other way around. :o

If Bulaga is out for the season, Green Bay go out in the first game of the playoffs be it divisional or wild card. Put the house on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Oh Green bay. I have a sad now.

poldebruin wrote: »
    Here we go - why you can't advance a fumble inside of two minutes (unless the fumbling player is the one that recovers)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roller_(American_football)

Great... another reason to hate the Raiders! :pac:

• Advertisement

I just got a Rodgers Jersey during the week and wore it for the 1st time today... could this be my fault?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

That Bills pass defence is scary. Have held both Manning and Rodgers to under 200 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs each in the last fortnight.

Great... another reason to hate the Raiders! :pac:

Well they took part in the immaculate reception game, the tuck game, the Heidi game and the holy roller game.

I can't dislike them as much now that Al Davis is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Agent J wrote: »
    I just got a Rodgers Jersey during the week and wore it for the 1st time today... could this be my fault?

Yes, most definitely.

If Bulaga is out for the season, Green Bay go out in the first game of the playoffs be it divisional or wild card. Put the house on it.

Thought they said it was concussion so should be alright if that's the case

Could?....no doubt about it.

• Advertisement

I did switch in the 4th quarter but it didnt seem to have an effect..

taken%2Bmeme%2B0.jpg

matthew8 wrote: »
    I think it's a fair rule but NFL rules are enforced regardless of whether the situation was what the rule was intended for. I doubt this was the idea when making it.

It seems too broad a rule, it's gonna incorrectly penalise a number of situations it wasn't intended for, like the one today.

Not sure what the answer is, but seems like it could be improved a bit. Getting it in your own end-zone is a killer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Bills still have the Pats to play as well. They might end up shaking up the playoffs in both conferences.

7/9 so far. Am I the only one that took Buffalo?

• Advertisement

Just looking at it now...

Should've been an incomplete pass though, shouldn't it?

Just looking at it now...

Should've been an incomplete pass though, shouldn't it?

They thought it was accidental at the time.

and the raiders had the gaul to complain about the tick rule after that :rolleyes:

matthew8 wrote: »
    They thought it was accidental at the time.

Ok, I'm forgetting probably no video replay in those days too.

Good commentary though...

"Madden is on the field, he wants to know if it's real. They said 'Yes. Get your big butt out of here!'. He does."

Seattle drawing flags for big hits on their receivers. Oh the ironing.

Seattle drawing flags for big hits on their receivers. Oh the ironing.

ya last weeks game made me sick of them to be honest they complain about offensive pass interference (and actually fecking flop) and then hug the other teams receivers down the field its maddening

Geno Smith takes a snap from deep inside his own 5 (for some reason, he seems to take like 40% of all his snaps from back there?) and disappears in a sea of blue and white. The ball comically bobbles out the front kind of lonely looking, but he is ruled down by contact and a safety is given. Safety punt is taken, Titans muff it and Jets recover.

Sure enough, this game looks like it might be living up to all it's potential and more!

If I didn't know any better I would swear the refs are almost eager to give every penalty they can in favour of whomever Manning is playing for...

:pac:

Geno Smith takes a snap from deep inside his own 5 (for some reason, he seems to take like 40% of all his snaps from back there?) and disappears in a sea of blue and white. The ball comically bobbles out the front kind of lonely looking, but he is ruled down by contact and a safety is given. Safety punt is taken, Titans muff it and Jets recover.

Sure enough, this game looks like it might be living up to all it's potential and more!
    Then the Jets off of that hit the crossbar on a field goal attempt... we're in for a comedy classic, folks!! :D

Manning throwing the block!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Peyton Manning the full back. That was gas.

Aaaaaand Locker's injured, on comes Clipboard Jesus.

He nearly lasted a full quarter this time, too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

That took longer than expected, Locker injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

so Locker seems to have only made it to 2nd quarter before being injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That Titans OL might as well not be there.

Strange that manning has stayed in the locker room.
    Why are they now making there back up qb close out the first half by throwing yha ball. Real bad clock management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Chris harris getting away with murder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Peyton Manning the full back. That was gas.

Manning has gone to the locker room and been replace by Os

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Molly wrote: »
    Chris harris getting away with murder

Harris is a top notch DB

• Advertisement

does it look like manning will come back? if he could sit out the game that would do wonders for my fantasy team

edit: also be interesting to finally see osweiller get some meaningful gametime has he fixed that side arm throw he had coming out

Advertisement