Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 15 Thread

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I'm in the exact same situation except I just need him to not be outscored by Graham by more than 14 points. I prefer my odds, although Bennett has gotten great stats this year by making lots of receptions in garbage time. I have a sneaking suspicion that might happen again today. But you also have Graham probably going up against Shea McClellin all day. If he does half the damage to Shea that Gronk did a few weeks ago, you are probably screwed.

Will be a long night for you watching Mel Tucker dial up some free-release off the line of scrimmage single-coverages, with a dose of defenders getting confused if they're in man or zone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

padraig_f wrote: »
    Will be a long night for you watching Mel Tucker dial up some free-release off the line of scrimmage single-coverages, with a dose of defenders getting confused if they're in man or zone :)

Ah it won't be that long, I'll probably turn it off after the first quarter.

If we're lucky, we might see Cutler and Kromer get in a fight or some other evidence that rock bottom is still somewhere lower than we've so far descended. Go Bears.

Ah it won't be that long, I'll probably turn it off after the first quarter.

If we're lucky, we might see Cutler and Kromer get in a fight or some other evidence that rock bottom is still somewhere lower than we've so far descended. Go Bears.

That's a quarter longer than I'll be watching, will catch it on condensed-view tomorrow morning.

Bennett should get a good number of targets anyway with Marshall now out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just watched the game having not watched last night and having avoided the result all day.

Well that was disappointing to say the least.

I've also been working out that the Eagles playoff destiny isn't in our hands now.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just watched the game having not watched last night and having avoided the result all day.

Well that was disappointing to say the least.

I've also been working out that the Eagles playoff destiny isn't in our hands now.

consider yourself lucky you didn't stay up and watch it absolute heartbreaker

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Agent J wrote: »
    My entire fantasy football season rides on Martellus Bennett beating Jimmy Graham by 8.3 points tonight... I am not optimistic.
    I'm down by 2 points to my opponent,he has Cutler left,I have Bree's.

foles out for at least one more week :(

and trent cole has a broken hand not certain yet but may be out for the rest of the year :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Best game of the week right here.

Best game of the week right here.

What a classic. A tour de force from both teams, although now that Brees has figured out the Bears defensive gameplan, you can expect a blowout, because that plan wont change. The offense have decided to overcome the problem of having the game plan figured out early, by not having one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

A fake punt. That failed miserably. And got penalised. Illegal formation. Only TEN players on the field. That may actually be the worst play I've ever seen (outside the Raiders). I think I'll read my book.

• Advertisement

A fake punt. That failed miserably. And got penalised. Illegal formation. Only TEN players on the field. That may actually be the worst play I've ever seen (outside the Raiders). I think I'll read my book.

Like I said last week, of ask the awful things about the bears, off the field, coaching and every phase of the game, my favourite is special teams, they just find new and inventive ways to suck every week, especially in prime time. This one is a new one on me, hated the fake, but TEN MEN? Brilliant new stupidity. DeCamillis is worse than Tucker.

I've never wanted the Bears to lose before, and I won't be rooting against us, but the general consensus is trestman will get another year and the other coaches will be sent packing. Apart from that being pointless, if we keep playing like this, then they might get him out the door this year. And that has to be good.

Also I'm a long time Cutler defender but he has to be benched.

Willie young and Jeremiah Ratliff have been good though...

Gruden staying on. He'll think that's pretty fantastic.

Ahahahahahaha!!!

The same ****ing play! The utter ineptitude is staggering. I'm off to bed, wake me when everyone is fired.

Ah, I love garbage time. That's when we're elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 iatethepies

Cutler finally wakes up, still absolutely no urgency with the clock running out though. Umpire getting cleaned out has probably been the most entertaining thing this second half.

padraig_f wrote: »
    will catch it on condensed-view tomorrow morning.

This here? Yeah, don't do this to yourself.

I have no idea what's going on with clock management here. Worst decisions I've ever seen.

I have no idea what's going on with clock management here. Worst decisions I've ever seen.

Doesn't matter. It's a persistent problem with trestman, but it's such a small element of the poor game management that you just learn to ignore it.

Another td. I can't believe bears players had the gall earlier in the season to complain about the fans booing. I think they have achoosing staff who coddle then so much they just don't understand criticism or frustration.

Tune to start making decisions about who I want to win the superbowl. Right now, I'd love to see the saints go on a run but I've honestly seen nothing good from them tonight that would persuade me they'll do it against anyone good.

Think Brees has been fairly impressive tonight, if not spectacular. Might be a bit harsh on Cutler tonight, getting sacked that often shows lack of help.

Very unimpressed with the Bears tonight though.

• Advertisement

Think Brees has been fairly impressive tonight, if not spectacular. Might be a bit harsh on Cutler tonight, getting sacked that often shows lack of help.

Very unimpressed with the Bears tonight though.

Really? I felt they did exactly what I expected. They are who we thought they were.

Brees was good alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

God damn Bears can't even do Garbage time right... *grumbles*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I'm down by 2 points to my opponent,he has Cutler left,I have Bree's.

That's so lobsided it's almost unfair. Almost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Checked the current standings and the AFC North have the 4th, 5th & 6th seed

Best division in football!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

FYP
    mikemac1 wrote: »
    Checked the current standings and the AFC North have the 4th, 5th & 6th seed

Easiest schedule in football!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Once upon a time, there were three bears: Mama Bear, Papa Bear, and Baby Bear.

Papa Bear and Mama Bear were getting a divorce. The court had to decide who Baby Bear should live with.

The judge asked Baby Bear, "Do you want to live with Mama Bear?"

"OH NO!" exclaimed Baby Bear. "Mama Bear beats me very badly."

The judge, obviously surprised, responds, "Well, then, would you like to go and live with Papa Bear?"

"OH NO!" exclaimed Baby Bear again. "Papa Bear beats me even harder than Mama Bear."

The judge then asks, "Baby Bear, who would you like to live with then?"

Baby Bear responds, "I want to go and live with the Chicago Bears. They don't beat anyone."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

paulie21 wrote: »
    Arizona Cardinals @ St Louis Rams
    New England Patriots
    Green Bay Packers @ Buffalo Bills
    Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns
    Oakland Raiders @ Kansas City Chiefs
    Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts
    Pittsburgh Steelers @ Atlanta Falcons
    Washington Redskins @ New York Giants
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Carolina Panthers
    Jacksonville Jaguars @ Baltimore Ravens
    Denver Broncos @ San Diego Chargers
    New York Jets @ Tennessee Titans
    Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions
    San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks
    Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles
    New Orleans Saints @ Chicago Bears

10-6 this week. Thought I'd done a lot worse than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Billy86 wrote: »
    Had the Rams Thursday, boo-urns.

Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots
    Green Bay Packers @ Buffalo Bills
    Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns
    Oakland Raiders @ Kansas City Chiefs
    Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts
    Pittsburgh Steelers @ Atlanta Falcons
    Washington Redskins @ New York Giants
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Carolina Panthers
    Jacksonville Jaguars @ Baltimore Ravens
    Denver Broncos @ San Diego Chargers
    New York Jets @ Tennessee Titans
    Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions
    San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks
    Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles
    New Orleans Saints
    @ Chicago Bears
    13-3 this week, 147-53-1 for the year.

Goddamn it, forgot to put in predictions, thought I had done them. I was one ahead of Billy. So we'll say that's still true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kryogen wrote: »
    Im still not sure on this, leaning toward The Rams as they are at home, will be back! Not gonna stay up to watch it so I'll get a pick in for it soon anyways

You know what, screw it Im too tired to look beyond the surface on this, taking the Rams

Also, Steelers, Patriots, Giants, Colts, Chiefs, Ravens, Packers, Panthers, Bengals, Titans, Broncos, Lions, Hawks, Eagles, Saints.....yes the ****ing Saints.

Only one I actually may return to before game time is the Browns/Bengals game. They are always so annoying to pick and I have no firm feeling either way right now

12-4 on the week, very surprised by the Pack result and the Jets actually won a game, like how ****ing bad are the Titans!

116-52-1 overall

Goddamn it, forgot to put in predictions, thought I had done them. I was one ahead of Billy. So we'll say that's still true.
    I hadnn't noticed, but knew I was near the top with a few. I missed a week or two earlier in the year so I quicky checked the w/l percentage (putting the CIN/ATL draw down as a loss since I think you did), I'm on 73.13% to your 65.39% haw haawwww! :D

Still, I think there's someone, might be Knex, who had a tonne of wins as of a few weeks ago I believe (I remember they reached 100 well before anyone else).

will catch it on condensed-view tomorrow morning.
    This here? Yeah, don't do this to yourself.

Thanks for the heads-up, but too late. Woke up early and condensed-view wasn't available yet, so ended up watching the whole thing!

I'm long past caring about this team, so it wasn't that hard a watch. It is amazing though how bad the team has been already this season, and even still it shocks you.

Brad Biggs had a good phrase this morning: 'It's bottomless'. As well as the disorganisation, the team has totally quit by this point.

They were never in the game at any point, the score was kept down by the Saints fumbling in the red zone and not having a field-goal kicker, and still they led 24-0 at the end of 3.

Zero points at home in 3 quarters against one of the worst defenses in the league.

The normally super-positive Gruden was scathing about Cutler all game, putting on him the number of false-start penalties the Bears get, and a poor ability to manage protection at the line of scrimmage (sacked 7 times last night).

Doug Farrar, who's opinion I respect, is equally critical today:

Cutler, Bears look completely lost as Saints take first place in NFC South

And with the defensive coordinator on the way out, actually thought the defense was the best unit last night. Says a lot about the team.

Best news I got was that it's 12 days til the end of the season.

Thursday Night/Friday Morning 1:25AM

Tennessee Titans @ Jacksonville Jaguars Live On Sky Sports 1

Saturday Evening 9.30PM

Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins Live On Sky Sports 4

Saturday Night/Sunday Morning 1:30AM

San Diego Chargers @ San Francisco 49ers Live On Sky Sports 4

Sunday Evening 6PM

Kansas City Chiefs @ Pittsburgh Steelers Live On Sky Sports 2

Baltimore Ravens @ Houston Texans

Cleveland Browns @ Carolina Panthers

Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears