Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone done the Grad. Cert. in Technical Writing (Distance Learning)

Options
  • 10-12-2014 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about applying to do this course next year, Just wondering has anyone here done it? Opinions on it?

Thanks
    Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dingdangdoo22

yeah also wondering the same, anyone done this?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭iamyourending

Hey Steve,

I'm not doing this specific course, but I've done 3/4 modules on it as part of my own degree and I found all of them interesting.

An awful lot of modules can be theory-based and not too useful in the workplace, but these modules are geared specifically towards the opposite. You'll learn how to use Photoshop, Dreamweaver, FrameMaker, Flash, and also lots of useful skills on how to write and present information properly. For us, all the assessment was project based rather than examinations. This suited me, but there's quite a bit of work involved and it's fairly time consuming if you're new to all of the technology. I assume it's the same scenario with distance learning - we were given very detailed worksheets online about how to use the software from scratch.

Apparently, there are loads of employment opportunities out of courses like this nowadays too, so that's a plus. If there's anything else specific that you'd like to know, then PM me and I'll help if I can.

Advertisement