Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EventSec- Dublin Casual Staff!

Options
  • 10-12-2014 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi Guys!
    (Sorry if this is the wrong forum to use, I'm new and I couldn't find one specifically for jobs)
    I applied for a casual event staff job with "EventSec" via Gumtree a week ago and am going for an interview (Yay!).
    I read their website and from googiling I've learned they do events at the 3 Arena but I can't find anywhere else. Just wondering if anyone has seen them around at various different events (I don't want to seem completely uneducated during the interview).
    Also if anyone has ever worked as casual event staff for them could they let me in on what they're like? :) I've done event-ing jobs before and the crowd you're working for can make or break the experience and I want to avoid getting in with a bad company.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hi welcome to Boards! There is a Work & Jobs forum might find someone else who has been interviewed for one of the roles there maybe! Good luck!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hi NervousGremlin welcome to boards :), I've moved this to the Work & Jobs forum as it's more suitable for your query.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 10 NervousGremlin

Thanks a million everyone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Seen the job also, I put in an application. Have a part time job wouldn't mind doing a bit of casual work also. Been around the 3 arena or o2, crowd control seem good nothing to heavy. Say's around Dublin so guessing other events maybe Aviva?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

A lot of their work is security work and the reason I know this is because a friend of mine works with them doing this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

I work for Eventsec but I'm mostly based in Belfast. Ive sone the Odyssey, Ravenhill, Aviva, Slane etc.

The works easy but crap sometimes. When you are outside in the rain its miserable but thankfully I've been quite lucky. Seen some great bands through it.

Advertisement