Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Premier League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

fight fight fight fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

FO Sky & all involved!

This is 1 of the few times there looks like a genuine bit of needle between players and sly hype machine grinds to a halt and starts to play it down!

:rolleyes:

Why dont they show a replay from the camera above the board so see how closely Barney walks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Devastator wrote: »
    FO Sky & all involved!

This is 1 of the few times there looks like a genuine bit of needle between players and sly hype machine grinds to a halt and starts to play it down!

:rolleyes:

Why dont they show a replay from the camera above the board so see how closely Barney walks

Don't worry, I'm sure Sky are rapidly putting together a detailed 3D CGI animation for us all so we can view it from every possible angle on the SkyPad with interactive replays available on Sky Go, Sky On Demand, the Sky Sports Website, Sky Sports App and the Sky Go App :D

didnt look like barney did anything

Don't worry, I'm sure Sky are rapidly putting together a detailed 3D CGI animation for us all so we can view it from every possible angle on the SkyPad with interactive replays available on Sky Go, Sky On Demand, the Sky Sports Website, Sky Sports App and the Sky Go App :D

:D

awwkkkk sh*t me & my dodgy tv box not paying sky so I dont get access to all the other apps lol

• Advertisement

:D

awwkkkk sh*t me & my dodgy tv box not paying sky so I dont get access to all the other apps lol

I'm with ya man, they don't get a penny from me :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

I'm with ya man, they don't get a penny from me :cool:

Ah lads, wayne mardle wages have to be paid!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Lads, yous are missing out on the glorious fuzz of Bunting's head that only comes with Sky HD.
    Looks like someone has been rubbing balloons on him all day.

Gotya wrote: »
    Ah lads, wayne mardle wages have to be paid!! :D

I wouldn't sh*t in his mouth is he was dying of starvation :D
    Lads, yous are missing out on the glorious fuzz of Bunting's head that only comes with Sky HD.
    Looks like someone has been rubbing balloons on him all day.

lol £80 p/m or something to see Buntings pubey hairdo in HD? naahhhhh, rather pay nothing

6-6 Wade/Bunting....both out probably

Wade threw that away, should have been his

• Advertisement

Mvg steamroller from 3-1 down..awesome

"HHHEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" screams the stage now that Barney & Lewis are up there!

and the people in Nepal thought they had it bad last week, Anderson's feeling aftershocks now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

It's horrible to see Phil Taylor slowly decline. He just looks to be scared of doubles and rarley big finishs anymore.Everyone around him getting better. He might still win 1 or 2 more tournaments but I feel his best is definitely behind him this time.
    MvG is just awesome. Thought he was having an off night for the first few legs but he bangs out a 113 avg.
    Very suprised with Anderson, usually seems like a nice guy,always happy even if beating but he was out of order tonight I reckon. I was hoping Sky would follow barney back stage like WWE or something. Barney giving ando a choke slam :-P
    The next 2 weeks are pointless now as top 4 is practically decided.

IMO(easy to say now) Taylor was extremely naive to change his darts manufacture at such a late stage in his career. I dont think he feels right with the target darts, no matter how much he name drops his mates who are working night and day to help him. I dont understand why he stays on D16, he's been really bad on it for quite some time, I think he should focus towards another double.

I think in this years PL he has only thrown 1 100+ checkout! Thats pretty despicable for anyone in the PL and the standard they play at.

Chizzy 7-1 Bunting
    Lewis 7-5 MVG :eek:
    Wade 6-6 Barney

Barney moaning like a cheap whore during interview about being tired :rolleyes: Shut up, nobody cares and we're sick of you're excuses

Anderson 7-5 Taylor

Taylor does not make finals night for 1st time in PL history! Next week is a joke, nothing to play for but you know the sly sports hype machine will make a huge deal out of 3rd/4th place to avoid MVG in the semis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

anderson will want a barny - mvg semi and final

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mick 101

Missed the darts last night. Anyone know if it's repeated.

poor from anderson imo,pressure seems to be getting to him,looks unwell... seems to hate barney now too

whys that, anderson gave a interview in the scottish papers after the barney incident
    he said he went looking for barney but he couldnt find him
    said few other bits aswell , surprised the interview wasnt mentioned on sky
    but then again there commentators said nothing happened so they wouldnt want to contradict themselves

• Advertisement

his interview after the taylor match was poor from him i meant,looks an angry man

sc86 wrote:
    whys that, anderson gave a interview in the scottish papers after the barney incident he said he went looking for barney but he couldnt find him said few other bits aswell , surprised the interview wasnt mentioned on sky but then again there commentators said nothing happened so they wouldnt want to contradict themselves

Any link for the interview in Scottish paper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Anderson is imagining the whole thing. The video of the incident was shown on Sky Sports again a couple of times last Thursday night. I rewound it 3/4 times to get a better look and from what I can see Barney did absolutely nothing. He never broke stride walking back from the oche and seemed to take nice easy steps.

I think Gary is pissed off because of an interview Barney gave the week previous after his match, where he spoke about MVG and Taylor's chances of winning the Prem League. He didn't include Gary in that conversation.

Gary was clearly very 'up for it' in his match against Barney and he wanted to prove to him that he's a genuine contender. However he was unable to produce the goods on the night and got frustrated then when Barney went ahead in the match and then beat him.

Gary needs to cop on and focus on his darts because he hasn't been playing well the last few weeks. Barney also needs to cop on and stop moaning. I have to turn down the volume now any time he is interviewed after a match.

i would agree with you, watched it several times and didnt notice anything

Anderson is imagining the whole thing. The video of the incident was shown on Sky Sports again a couple of times last Thursday night. I rewound it 3/4 times to get a better look and from what I can see Barney did absolutely nothing. He never broke stride walking back from the oche and seemed to take nice easy steps.

hahaha thats the most ridiculous thing I've read today! He "seemed to take nice easy steps"? :D How on earth could you ever possibly know that? Even if you watched the video millions of times you could(WOULD) never know that!

The only thing the video confirms is Barney did not step in the exclusion zone, which was never the issue anyway.

Now I'm no fan of Barney, most people probably say quite the opposite because Im usualy giving off about him but the only person who truly knows if there was any kind of intended stamp is Barney and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt first of all(secondly his astonished look after the game) because I would never have put in the category of possible cheat.

LOL @ Lewis in that interview....he is in no place to be commenting on this subject IMO. I've said how pathetic is attempts to slow down games are recently when he forgets how to count but there he's taken someadvantages in the past and spat his dummy out when things have not been going his way(Vs Wade in WC semi(?) springs to mind when only he thought there was a breeze on stage)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

hahaha thats the most ridiculous thing I've read today! He "seemed to take nice easy steps"? :D How on earth could you ever possibly know that? Even if you watched the video millions of times you could(WOULD) never know that!

The only thing the video confirms is Barney did not step in the exclusion zone, which was never the issue anyway.

Now I'm no fan of Barney, most people probably say quite the opposite because Im usualy giving off about him but the only person who truly knows if there was any kind of intended stamp is Barney and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt first of all(secondly his astonished look after the game) because I would never have put in the category of possible cheat.

LOL @ Lewis in that interview....he is in no place to be commenting on this subject IMO. I've said how pathetic is attempts to slow down games are recently when he forgets how to count but there he's taken someadvantages in the past and spat his dummy out when things have not been going his way(Vs Wade in WC semi(?) springs to mind when only he thought there was a breeze on stage)

Anderson's claim is that barney was stamping on the stage whilst he was preparing to throw or in mid throw. Nowhere in that video did I see barney stamp. He casually walked back to his position. Those stages are hollow underneath and there will always be a little bit of movement in them when walking. I still stand by my claim that anderson was not happy with barney dismissing his chances of winning the tournament a week previous. I think he went out to try to teach barney a lesson and got Pi@sed off when he couldn't pull it off. The stage floor probably moved a bit with barney walking back and he made more of it than it was.

Darting Divas.

nobody knows for sure what happened bar the 2 lads but its not like anderson to cry about things
    plus the part where he says he looked for barney to confront him but no sign of him
    defo doesnt like him, the game earlier in the league where he could have knocked barney out, he looked very committed to do that

• Advertisement

Anderson's claim is that barney was stamping on the stage whilst he was preparing to throw or in mid throw. Nowhere in that video did I see barney stamp. He casually walked back to his position. Those stages are hollow underneath and there will always be a little bit of movement in them when walking. I still stand by my claim that anderson was not happy with barney dismissing his chances of winning the tournament a week previous. I think he went out to try to teach barney a lesson and got Pi@sed off when he couldn't pull it off. The stage floor probably moved a bit with barney walking back and he made more of it than it was.

" I still stand by my claim that ......." hahaha thats a great line, its almost as if by adding it you are automatically claiming to be right...even though the point your standing by is irrelevant and was not being discussed....but you stand by whatever you want :D

FACT is nobody can tell if Barney was stamping from the video. If that wasn't abundantly clear from my first reply my apologies. Only Barney truly knows what he did/did not do.
    sc86 wrote: »
    nobody knows for sure what happened bar the 2 lads but its not like anderson to cry about things
    plus the part where he says he looked for barney to confront him but no sign of him
    defo doesnt like him, the game earlier in the league where he could have knocked barney out, he looked very committed to do that

I dunno about the claim of "Anderson doesn't normally cry". I read the interview you posted above when he makes out he like the best loser in darts but how many sets of his darts are at the bottom of the lakeside lake? :D

I do wonder how Anderson couldn't find Barney....he was back on stage hour or 2 after playing another game so he shouldn't have been that hard to find.

Its between the 2 of them, they obviously will have differing opinions but rest assured we'll be reminded of that instance anytime they play eachother over the next year or 2, except in ITV tournaments :D

Sly sports website by Wayne "DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMA" Mardle's headline is "Michael van Gerwen must be avoided in the Premier League Play-Offs" so there they have started trying to hype the last unmeaningful night. I've not read it but heres the link http://www1.skysports.com/darts/news/31667/9847546

Advertisement