Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Premier League

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Tomorrow night isn't really worth watching is it? This Premier League gets boring after a while. Roll on the World Cup next month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Devastator wrote: »
    "Sly sports website by Wayne "DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMA" Mardle's headline is "Michael van Gerwen must be avoided in the Premier League Play-Offs" so there they have started trying to hype the last unmeaningful night.

Tomorrow : Where you finish could be absolutely crucial, I cant emphasise enough just how important it could be. And the players will know that, its huge.
    Next Week : Whether you finished 1,2,3,4, it doesn't matter, its all forgotten about, it counts for nothing, everyone starts from scratch now.

Twat of twats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Tomorrow night isn't really worth watching is it? This Premier League gets boring after a while. Roll on the World Cup next month!
    Tomorrow : Where you finish could be absolutely crucial, I cant emphasise enough just how important it could be. And the players will know that, its huge.
    Next Week : Whether you finished 1,2,3,4, it doesn't matter, its all forgotten about, it counts for nothing, everyone starts from scratch now.

Twat of twats.

Can someone make sure not to keep me updated with whatever muck dribbles out of mardles gub :D I'm not watching this week, no point!

I've not enjoyed the PL as much this year, maybe because its the 1st year I've not got to goto a night or just the inconsistency of some of the players just seemed to ruin it or I've grown tired of listening :D Some nights this year I've found myself sitting on twitter/or on here and not even paying much attention to the games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

They should have a league system like the footie... 2 or 3 leagues..bottom four drop into lower league..and four promoted..would shake it up and give younger players a shot too..as well as some TV exposure...

Not saying the lower leagues get as much TV time..but get some time at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

They should have a league system like the footie... 2 or 3 leagues..bottom four drop into lower league..and four promoted..would shake it up and give younger players a shot too..as well as some TV exposure...

Not a chance they'll do that to be honest as it raises some potential scenarios they'd want to avoid.
    a) Boring player X plummets in the world ranking to the extent he wouldn't be invited to the main PL, but every year manages to do just enough not to be relegated. So you could end up with a nonentity like Newton or Hamilton in the league for a decade.
    b) Fresh new superstar comes from obscurity to blast his way to the top 10 of the rankings and would normally be a shoe-in for the PL, but because of your promotion/relegation league system he has to start at the bottom, e.g., MVG in 2012 season.

• Advertisement

Not saying the lower leagues get as much TV time..but get some time at least

I think its a very real possibility, especially to promote darts in other countries. PDC could run a "B" league around European cities on Wed nights.
    Not a chance they'll do that to be honest as it raises some potential scenarios they'd want to avoid.
    a) Boring player X plummets in the world ranking to the extent he wouldn't be invited to the main PL, but every year manages to do just enough not to be relegated. So you could end up with a nonentity like Newton or Hamilton in the league for a decade.
    b) Fresh new superstar comes from obscurity to blast his way to the top 10 of the rankings and would normally be a shoe-in for the PL, but because of your promotion/relegation league system he has to start at the bottom, e.g., MVG in 2012 season.

A - You're really talkin Barney right?? :D Easy solution, a player must be in top 32(for example) ranked players to qualify for league.
    B - Sky have wildcards for premier league, so the 2nd league could promote 1/2 automatically with another 1/2 wildcards picked for promotion from sky.

Barry Hearn has shown in the past he is not afraid to mix things up and the ever constant tinkering with the PL format is why I see somethign like this being introduced in the future.

there are planty of very good senior pros and up n comming players to more than make it viable,ill pm barry now ,see what the craic is

Just turned on towards end of Taylor/wade game as I sit here parceling up stuff for ebay

SS have actually outdone themselves for hype this time! I really can't believe they were trying to big up that game as "Neither player wants to finish bottom of the league so they're trying to win!!"....bottom of the league? So we're just ignoring the lads that already got relegated for being bottom a few weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Has Phil a black eye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭leoch

Gotya wrote: »
    Has Phil a black eye?

See that not one of them mentioned it yet or during the interview I thought ur man would have asked him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭lambayire

It's probably a no-no subject for them to talk about.

Strange, alright.

Fcuk me they really need to get rid of wa*k mardle he talks some sh1te I am sick listening to him .. If this was itv4 the boys would be talking about pints and Taylors black eye

I

leoch wrote: »
    Fcuk me they really need to get rid of wa*k mardle he talks some sh1te I am sick listening to him .. If this was itv4 the boys would be talking about pints and Taylors black eye

I

Mace & W-L are king compared to Mardle! ....... then again so would Mr Blobby be!

Devastator wrote: »
    Mace & W-L are king compared to Mardle! ....... then again so would Mr Blobby be!

Here here

leoch wrote: »
    Here here

lol after saying that earlier I sent mace a message on twitter asking did he fall out with sky & calling mardle a plonker :D He replied and said he doesn't fit sky's agenda to which I asked "Do that mean you don't scream a lot of sh*te? and he favorited it haha

Come the (pretty meaningless) world cup we should ramp out a twitter campaign against mardle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Mardle had one of his worse nights last night. First time I'd been able to see the PL in a while. Matches were decent enough but his commentary is hard to listen to. .... his faux excitement...forced enthusiasm, inability to articulate coherently and the general bollix he spouts are wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

gramar wrote: »
    Mardle had one of his worse nights last night. First time I'd been able to see the PL in a while. Matches were decent enough but his commentary is hard to listen to. .... his faux excitement...forced enthusiasm, inability to articulate coherently and the general bollix he spouts are wearing.

Yep ...he was commentating on a match with john part and kept interrupting JP to spout some bollox when JP was explaining some strategy about not switching to T17 early.

Just thought JP was tolerating mardle as he done his Chuckle brother routine..he is truly awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

id rather part anyday, talks sense
    mardle sums up sky, full of hot air

Some good darts last night. I think Chizzy is definitely on par with MvG now as best player. Hope he keeps it up. I fancy him to win it, and deservedly so..

Mardle is a plonker, how can he hype up a completely meaningless night. Agree with devestator, Mason and Part are the 2 best commentators in darts, It's ridiculous that sky don't employ him. Roll on next week. Chizzy Mvg final surley?

chizzy still get nervous near the finish line,his downfall

• Advertisement

Although expected I'm a little relieved everyone feels the same as myself about mardle :D Any twitter users like the idea of #MardleOUT starting up for the upcmining majors? lol

Devastator wrote:
    Although expected I'm a little relieved everyone feels the same as myself about mardle Any twitter users like the idea of #MardleOUT starting up for the upcmining majors? lol

Lets get that trending boys! @SkySportsDarts haha

Chizzy beat Van Gerwen Taylor Wade this weekend. Looking good for the Premier League title.

So I've used #MardleOut today, wanted to wait but sounds like PDC forcing Chris Mason off ITV!! :mad:

https://twitter.com/Chris180Mason/status/601002568618287104

I replied(& he favorited, so he either agrees about mardle or it is PDC)

@Chris180Mason @ITV4 Hope its not @OfficialPDC decision because they keep that screaming easily excitable ****wit Mardle on! #MardleOut

I actually seen that tweet earlier haha followed you lad

ComfortKid wrote: »
    I actually seen that tweet earlier haha followed you lad

:D

The #MardleOut revolution has started

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Noting do with the Premier League, but on Irish TV, sky channel 192, "darts factor " looks like its a youth knockout type of tournament "darts reality TV show" its at 8 tonight. Barry hearn was on the add for it.

Edit: just seen there is a thread about it already.

fancy chizzy for this

Am I imagining things...I could have swore I heard John part in 1st leg but mardles on now?

Boring boring table chant & booing if dart 4,5 or 6 is doing my head in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

Mardle taking his ****e to new levels...nobody cares or wants to hear your dross over this match.

Advertisement