Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Premier League

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Night Two, Thursday February 12
    BIC, Bournemouth
    Peter Wright v Gary Anderson
    Michael van Gerwen v Stephen Bunting
    Adrian Lewis v Phil Taylor
    James Wade v Kim Huybrechts
    Dave Chisnall v Raymond van Barneveld

After Taylor's little strop recently about being too old to play the last game he's handed the middle game of the night :/ Any other year this would have been last match as its (on paper) the best matchup of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Devastator wrote: »
    Night Two, Thursday February 12
    BIC, Bournemouth
    Peter Wright v Gary Anderson
    Michael van Gerwen v Stephen Bunting
    Adrian Lewis v Phil Taylor
    James Wade v Kim Huybrechts
    Dave Chisnall v Raymond van Barneveld

After Taylor's little strop recently about being too old to play the last game he's handed the middle game of the night :/ Any other year this would have been last match as its (on paper) the best matchup of the night.

Would have been second last I'd say. The main game of the night is usually the second last match

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah the main game is usually second last on. Taylor should not be given any preferential treatment, it should be a level playing field for all players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Paddy Power enhancing Barney to 5/2 is he worth a bet seems to playing ok lately.

Outstanding stuff from Anderson

• Advertisement

Anderson 7-1 Wright

Snakebites leg difference has taken a hiding in the 1st few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

70% on the doubles and only 1 maximum.
    It's the anti-Anderson :pac:

Some averages so far tonight - 101, 103; 108, 109.

MVG 7-3 Bunting

That was a good game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

mvg bunting was a great game

• Advertisement

Taylor 7-2 Lewis

Lewis came out flying then just stalled. Taylor 108 avg

Uggghhhh, every interview Taylor gives...

Lol Taylor saying the PL is bigger than the worlds. Get to fukk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What was Taylor referring to about something that happened yesterday?

monkey9 wrote: »
    What was Taylor referring to about something that happened yesterday?

think his mothers funeral, he mentioned after the masters it was coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fintans71

Not watching the darts tonight, the games seem to be deadly with all the high averages.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Where is chizzy from? Very hard to understand him when he is interviewed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

He is from St Helens. Same as Bunting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

KevIRL wrote:
    Lol Taylor saying the PL is bigger than the worlds. Get to fukk

It won't be bigger until the prize money is bigger but I can see where he's coming from. Much bigger crowds than the worlds and it's definitely harder to win the Premier league than it would be the worlds.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Th Premier League is mostly an invitational event, it's not even a proper tournament. It's one of the worst on the PDC calender, it's laughable to even suggest it's one of the biggest tournaments.

How is a tournament where you can lose numerous matches and still go on to win it be harder to win than the World Championships?

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote:
    How is a tournament where you can lose numerous matches and still go on to win it be harder to win than the World Championships?

There's no easy games. Your playing the best players every week. You have to play well over 5 months not 2 weeks. You could get very easy first and second round games in the worlds therefore you might only have to beat 2 or 3 top class players to win it.

And I reckon the 16 times champion of the world and 7 or 8 time premier league champion knows a little more than you on which is more difficult!

ComfortKid wrote: »
    And I reckon the 16 times champion of the world and 7 or 8 time premier league champion knows a little more than you on which is more difficult!

The 16 times champion of the world is a serial bullsh*tter, that title doesn't make his opinion unquestionable.
    You can bet if he was the current world champion he wouldn't have said that.

He's not the current PL champion either and hasn't won either in a couple of years. Not saying he's unquestionable, but surely he knows which is harder to win. Ignore the point I made in the previous post so. It's obvious its harder to win a tournament that lasts longer and has no bad players in it.

Are you honestly saying that The Premier League is harder than the Worlds? There is simply no comparison between the two. One bad performance in the Worlds and you're gone. You could have 6 or 7 loses in the Premier League and still win it! Taylor is well known for talking complete rubbish, I wouldn't pay heed to anything he has to say. He'll say that the UK Open is the hardest tournament to win while being interviewed next month.

You could get very easy first and second round games in the worlds therefore you might only have to beat 2 or 3 top class players to win it.

Or less, if memory serves me right John Parts last WC win he only had Wade who would have been considered(at that time) a top class player.

Comparing PL to WC doesn't make sense, 2 very different tournaments with 2 very different formats. Each have their own pro's and con's and because its "only" top players in the PL it could be seen as harder to win but as rightly pointed out in worlds 1 defeat sends you home which is why I cant make sense of it.

:D really in this day and age some people still actually consider the Patronizer's comments seriously? :D

Look at football for example, (different sport,same logic) A poor team often wins the FA cup, but never the Premier league. Why? Because it's harder to win a tournament that lasts longer with better players! Last post on this as it's a pointless argument.

Look at football for example, (different sport,same logic) A poor team often wins the FA cup, but never the Premier league. Why? Because it's harder to win a tournament that lasts longer with better players! Last post on this as it's a pointless argument.

lol yup but at least you caught yourself on before going too far :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

taylor says the same when every premier league is on to promote it same as sky hype everything up
    he always says the worlds is the only 1 people really want
    i cant believe some people would believe skys hype !
    they say every night is best ever, best line up ever, blah blah

its a glorified exhibition for gods sake !

Advertisement