Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Premier League

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

sc86 wrote:
    taylor says the same when every premier league is on to promote it same as sky hype everything up he always says the worlds is the only 1 people really want i cant believe some people would believe skys hype ! they say every night is best ever, best line up ever, blah blah

Yeah they want to win the worlds because its more prestigious and a lot more prize money. im not arguing which is a better tournament. Im just saying it's harder to win the PL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Yeah they want to win the worlds because its more prestigious and a lot more prize money. im not arguing which is a better tournament. Im just saying it's harder to win the PL.
    How exactly is it harder?
    Anderson and van Gerwen both won a PL before a WC. Wade won a PL but still hasn't won a WC.

The format is too long and the games too short to take it seriously. It's nowhere near as hard to win as a World Championship IMO.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Look at football for example, (different sport,same logic) A poor team often wins the FA cup, but never the Premier league. Why? Because it's harder to win a tournament that lasts longer with better players! Last post on this as it's a pointless argument.

Another awful comparison, you can finish 4th in the Premier League out of 10 players, so effectively mid-table, and still win the competition. Really I'm completely baffled by your logic, it makes no sense at all. The Worlds is by far the harder to win.

Ok. You don't have to agree with me. It's just my opinion. This thread will be ruined if we keep it up.
    Who do we think will win this years PL? I see MVG beat Anderson in the final of the German open yesterday with a 117 average. Serious darts! Think he has won 30 out of his last 31 games since losing to Gary at the worlds. The mans on a mission. Hard to see past him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

ComfortKid wrote:
    Ok. You don't have to agree with me. It's just my opinion. This thread will be ruined if we keep it up. Who do we think will win this years PL? I see MVG beat Anderson in the final of the German open yesterday with a 117 average. Serious darts! Think he has won 30 out of his last 31 games since losing to Gary at the worlds. The mans on a mission. Hard to see past him?

he looks 100% determined to take back his world title anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pWcpVigYN7Y Theres the match for anyone that wants to see it. Bad picture quality but the match makes up for it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Hard to see anyone beating MvG in this form. Serious darts. I'm just hoping for some close games this week, it's been pretty disappointing so far when it comes to close matches.

Kingp35 wrote:
    Hard to see anyone beating MvG in this form. Serious darts. I'm just hoping for some close games this week, it's been pretty disappointing so far when it comes to close matches.

Yep. Apart from bunting and wade in week 1. Gary v Mvg this Thursday and Taylor v Bunting should be the pick of em.

Football Vs Darts :mad:

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote:
    Football Vs Darts 

Celtic first and Sky + the darts ;-) I always do. Fast forward through all the ads and Mardles waffle

Celtic first and Sky + the darts ;-) I always do. Fast forward through all the ads and Mardles waffle

Who are Celtic? ;) Thinking of Liverpool match lol. Gonna put football on laptop & darts on tv.

Bad start from Wade, 2-0 down to Chizzy. They said he had an accident or something during the week? What was that about

Waddling Wade went 3-2 up, Chizzy missed T19(8th) for 9 dart attempt but tided up 3-3

Draw! finished 6-6

Had that draw in my accumulater but Peter Wright after letting me down..AGAIN! Nothing great so far anyway.

Kingp35 wrote:

Did you have a word with PDC during the week haha 2 tight games all ready tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Lois has a fine arse...

Had that draw in my accumulater but Peter Wright after letting me down..AGAIN! Nothing great so far anyway.

lol you were saying?

Bunting 72 avg so far....and not looking like its getting better

4-0 Taylor

Bunting is having an absolute nightmare! I would beat him at this standard!

• Advertisement

Celtic match is on Setanta. They're too good for free to air tv :-P
    Bunting off to a bad start here. Could be in trouble

Devastator wrote:
    lol you were saying?

Had Wright to win btw.First game a draw. Knew he was f***** when barney got to 6. Good draw for Peter though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Very disappointing from Bunting last night. Nerves clearly got to him in front of the home crowd and big expectation. Taylor could smell blood too and went in for the kill. Anderson was off form too. Looked angry with himself throughout. MvG was having a slightly off day by his standards and Gary didn't really put it up to him.

No one really performed to their best. Some close games but a disappointing night in general I thought. Even Wrights comeback wasn't very dramatic. Roll on next week.

DAMMIT!

1st night I've not been to the PL in Belfast :(

Far from a sell out by the looks of it tonight BUT the odyssey is a sh*tehole, takes far too long to get into the venue & the queues for drinks,etc is unbelievably poor so could be about 1/2 the crowd outside of the big hall waiting to get in.

You really need to be standing in the queue outside 1 hour before to get in(with drinks) on time

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Van Gerwan talks some shite.

Sky's hype machine doing separate interviews ohhhhhhhhh the drama!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Disastrous from Bunting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

lewis and mvg wouldnt interview together

Advertisement