Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Premier League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Seen this on another forum and had to post it :-)

dummy_zpsdyyw94jr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

So to counter yesterday nice interview with Wright, heres the horrible old patronizing git Taylor's interview today

Massive respect for him as a player but as a person I can't stand him. Openly admits that he will try to put MVG off tomorrow night.....how many world titles you got Phil? :rolleyes:

this rant could easily continue but stopping now :D

http://www1.skysports.com/darts/news/12040/9753946

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Beaten 7-3 Mvg top of the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Didn't meet van Gerwen's eyes after the defeat there, that must hurt. Poor showing.

• Advertisement

Some very poor efforts at double there. Big loss, that'll hurt a while

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

deeelighted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

What a strange game between Taylor an MVG. First 180 in the eight leg? Will we ever see Phil throw at his best again? He looks bet the min he goes a leg or 2 down these days.
    Good to see Anderson back playing well like wise Bunting.

Who do we think is getting the boot? It would be harsh on Kim as he is playing great, Barney is ****ed I can't see him getting another point.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

I backed bunting at tha start has he any chance of winning it.had a slow start but seems to be finding a bita rythmn last 2 weeks

buggy beag wrote:
    I backed bunting at tha start has he any chance of winning it.had a slow start but seems to be finding a bita rythmn last 2 weeks

Jeez you must of got a fair price on him? If he doesn't lose again he will make the playoffs. Couldn't see him winning it though. He can't keep up with MvG Taylor or Anderson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Ya 12/1 thought after he had a good world championship he would have been good in the league first year in it to i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ah Jesus, poor old Barney. His best Premier League performance in God knows how long and nobody from boards was watching! Cracking match between Barney and Taylor last night. Taylor with an average of just over 115 and he still lost. Barney was solid the whole way through and looked like he was enjoying it for a change. Out of the relegation zone now although he still has to play Van Gerwen and Anderson so he's not safe yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Barney's result took everyone by surprise. Didn't see anything from last night as our league night is now Thursdays so will have to watch a few back over the weekend.

Bunting threw away a good lead and his average was poor again by PL standards at only 90. He'll need to step it up to match the big boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

gramar wrote: »
    Barney's result took everyone by surprise. Didn't see anything from last night as our league night is now Thursdays so will have to watch a few back over the weekend.

Bunting threw away a good lead and his average was poor again by PL standards at only 90. He'll need to step it up to match the big boys.
    Yeah you really should catch up on the Barney match. It was a cracker. Chissy was woeful last night and is in danger of dropping out of the top four if he doesn't sort himself out. Van Gerwen wasn't much better but got the job done eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

****! Missed it. Anyone know if sky show a repeat so I can sky plus it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

squadro wrote: »
    ****! Missed it. Anyone know if sky show a repeat so I can sky plus it.

You can see them all on youtube...just look up 'premier league week 7' and whatever match you want to see.

Pighead wrote:
    Ah Jesus, poor old Barney. His best Premier League performance in God knows how long and nobody from boards was watching! Cracking match between Barney and Taylor last night. Taylor with an average of just over 115 and he still lost. Barney was solid the whole way through and looked like he was enjoying it for a change. Out of the relegation zone now although he still has to play Van Gerwen and Anderson so he's not safe yet.

I'm a fan of Phils but I was delighted to see Barney beat him. When Taylor didn't bother going for the bull with Barney on 144 was very cheeky. It seemed to get Barney going too. 115 losing average is ridiculous.

Now if you told me 1 top player used "dark arts" to try and win and give me 1 pick I would have said Lewis....but he's complaining about others :D:rolleyes:

At least he has poured cold water on sly sports hype over his huge rivalry with MVG

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/other-sports/darts/adrian-lewis-big-money-darts-5393648
    ADRIAN LEWIS goes 
into his crunch do-or-die Betway Premier League clash with Dave Chisnall admitting that the dark arts are back in darts.
    Incredibly, the two-time world champion is in real danger of relegation after slipping into the bottom two following Raymond 
van Barneveld’s shock win over Phil Taylor in Glasgow last week.
    Jackpot takes on Chizzy in Dublin tomorrow night desperate for a win after accumulating just five points from seven matches.
    But he admits he fears the dark arts of the game have crept back in after two players claimed the stage was being tapped on by their opponents while they threw last week at the Hydro in Glasgow.
    It’s the latest in a long line of gamesmanship over the past few years that has included ‘Floorboardgate’, ‘Breezegate’ and players grinding darts behind their opponent and even blowing on their rivals.

ando.jpg Gary Anderson Lewis reckons this issue could get worse in the game as the stakes get higher.
    He said: “It’s something we all have to be aware of. The more money in the game, the more players will try anything to win.
    “I’ve been accused of it when I was playing Gary Anderson in the Grand Prix.
    “He said I was stomping on the oche as I walked back from the board so the stage floorboards moved as he threw. That wasn’t the case, it was just because I’m a big lad. Even the PDC admitted they would look into reinforcing the stages!
    “The worst I encountered was Peter Manley talking behind me as I threw during our world championship quarter-final back in 2006.
    Doubles For Dough: We look at the best betting for the Premier League on Thursday night
    “Probably the strangest was Richie Burnett accusing me of clicking my darts while he was throwing.
    “He went mad during the game. I couldn't believe he could hear anything anyway with 4,000 fans at the venue.
    “He later apologised because he realised it was the photographer taking pictures next to the stage!
    “Nowadays I think we just have to accept it’s part of the game and it’s up to every player to deal with it.”

Lewis was also quick to dispel any suggestion that there had been any ‘afters’ following Michael van Gerwen’s outburst about him slowing the game down during their clash in Belfast last month.
    MVG told Record Sport in our Oche Talky exclusive video online this week that there was no problem and that they shared a car together on the way to another venue that night.
    Lewis added: “I don’t really know how the rumours came about. We did share a car that night and there’s no problem.

Getty Images CS74920556.jpg
    Michael van Gerwen “As far as I know Michael just didn't want to do a joint interview for Sky and it all spiralled from that. But there’s no problem between us whatsoever.”
    Lewis is working flat-out to pick up a vital win over Chisnall in Dublin as he dices with the drop despite a 100 tournament average.
    He said: “The world has gone a bit mad. I've been averaging 100 yet there are guys above me doing a lot less. Yet Phil hits a 115 average last week and loses to Raymond. Unbelievable.
    “I wasn't expecting that result and I could have done without it because it put me in the bottom two.
    “I still think I’m playing well enough to stay up. The crazy thing is that if I beat Chizzy I’m potentially only a point or two from being in the top four. The league is so tough and so tight.
    “I reckon I’ll avoid 
relegation. If I win my last two matches I will stay up and I know I’m playing well enough to do just that.”

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

going tomorrow night 2nd time seeing the premier league, looking forward to it.

I have 2 extra tickets i want to get rid off, what are the chances of someone looking for tickets outside the venue

annoyed i have to pay 6.50 for a can of piss they call cider lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

PTH2009 wrote: »
    going tomorrow night 2nd time seeing the premier league, looking forward to it.

I have 2 extra tickets i want to get rid off, what are the chances of someone looking for tickets outside the venue

annoyed i have to pay 6.50 for a can of piss they call cider lol

Heading up to it myself. 6.50 for a pint??:eek: Suppose it beats being charged 11e at the Formula1 but still!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DamienOB

6 of us heading tonight. Been twice before but taking 3 newbies tonight.

If it's anything like the previous years, we're in for a belter. Some great games on too

Have a great time anybody going along tonight

If you bump into mardle please remind him how sh*t we all think he is on commentary :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Lewis has been pretty awful this year

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Lewis has been pretty awful this year

Chizzy must have been putting him off during the match by talking to him or something :D

The bad form couldn't happen to a nicer *bleep* than Lewis IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Bunting threw that match away. When he missed the 20 out he seemed to lose his nerve

For all Lewis' talk about bottle, he seriously lacks it. Probably the most talented player out there ever but hes only ever won 3 majors and never plays well in PL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Sensational from MvG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

MvG is on a different level to everybody else since the turn of the year. Unstoppable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Unreal Barney never got a look in, the speed and accuracy of Mvg no one could stay with him in that match.

• Advertisement

Would really love to see Kim beat that lad.

Advertisement