Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Premier League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Devastator wrote: »
    Not sure what direction you're coming from here. Its would be pretty despicable for Wade to say he had Bi Polar just so he could take the med's IF he thought he was getting something from them......OR......its really bad sportsmanship from the others to question somebody's mental illness.

Follow up to earlier - Barry Hearn said Wade's medication is not on the IOC banned list so therefore nobody can say anything. He doesn't see an issue but invited Wade to make a complaint(if he felt the need) about whoever else is involved.

I'm coming from the POV of the latter argument. There is no doubt Wade has benefited from using the drugs but the only benefit in my eyes is to his mental health and day to day living. If the other players have questioned the benefit of the drugs on stage then it just shows that they will bring up any argument to try and gain an advantage. There seems to be a lot of niggle creeping in recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Yeah it can be quite petty at times but I suppose when theres such huge amounts of prize money available some people's sense goes out the window to be replaced by greed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

statto25 wrote: »
    I'm coming from the POV of the latter argument. There is no doubt Wade has benefited from using the drugs but the only benefit in my eyes is to his mental health and day to day living. If the other players have questioned the benefit of the drugs on stage then it just shows that they will bring up any argument to try and gain an advantage. There seems to be a lot of niggle creeping in recently.

If you have a headache you mightn't throw as well, so is taking a paracetemol to get rid of it performance enhancing? In effect it is. If Wade's condition is legitimate and the drugs aren't on any banned list then other players have no argument. They sound like petty arguments to me. They'll be giving out about him wearing glasses next.

gramar wrote: »
    If you have a headache you mightn't throw as well, so is taking a paracetemol to get rid of it performance enhancing? In effect it is. If Wade's condition is legitimate and the drugs aren't on any banned list then other players have no argument. They sound like petty arguments to me. They'll be giving out about him wearing glasses next.

Yup and hot chocolate is a PED but only if used the night before a match to aid having a sound nights sleep :D

Im quite interested in the whole PEDs through few different sports but the IOC(International Olympic Committee/council) obviously do vigorous testing and have cleared Wade's medication, which was probably done some time ago before he maybe played competitively.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

well its certainly narrowed it down as to who has been saying it given that he stated it was just his premier league opponents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Bit off topic but us there any way of watching the tournaments that ITV and sky sports don't show?

crasy dash wrote: »
    Bit off topic but us there any way of watching the tournaments that ITV and sky sports don't show?

you mean lik the German 1 this weekend? Yup, through livepdc.tv (subscription) or through various betting sites. Check pdc homepage for which sites

you mean lik the German 1 this weekend? Yup, through livepdc.tv (subscription) or through various betting sites. Check pdc homepage for which sites

Cheers for that never realised that happy days:) must see how much it costs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

www.skyscanner.ie

Cheers for that never realised that happy days:) must see how much it costs

livepdc is £25 annually. I had it for a few years and I consider it worth the money. It will get you access to live tournaments(also whats on sky) and it will get you priority access for tickets(my reason for signing up) which is really good.

• Advertisement

remaining fixtures released
    Betway Premier League
    Night Ten, Thursday April 9
    Motorpoint Arena, Sheffield

Adrian Lewis v James Wade
    Gary Anderson v Dave Chisnall
    Phil Taylor v Raymond van Barneveld
    Stephen Bunting v Michael van Gerwen
    Dave Chisnall v James Wade
    Tickets: 0114 256 5656 or www.motorpointarenasheffield.co.uk

Night 11, Thursday April 16
    GE Oil & Gas Arena, Aberdeen

Dave Chisnall v Phil Taylor
    Stephen Bunting v Adrian Lewis
    James Wade v Gary Anderson
    Raymond van Barneveld v Michael van Gerwen
    Stephen Bunting v Phil Taylor
    Tickets: 08444 77 9000 or www.ticketmaster.co.uk/aecc

Night 12, Thursday April 23
    Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff

Stephen Bunting v Gary Anderson
    James Wade v Michael van Gerwen
    Raymond van Barneveld v Dave Chisnall
    Phil Taylor v Adrian Lewis
    Gary Anderson v Michael van Gerwen
    Tickets: Sold Out

Night 13, Thursday April 30
    The Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham

Dave Chisnall v Adrian Lewis
    Raymond van Barneveld v Gary Anderson
    James Wade v Stephen Bunting
    Michael van Gerwen v Phil Taylor
    Adrian Lewis v Raymond van Barneveld
    Tickets: 0844 338 8000 or www theticketfactory.com

Night 14, Thursday May 7
    Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle

James Wade v Raymond van Barneveld
    Dave Chisnall v Stephen Bunting
    Adrian Lewis v Michael van Gerwen
    Phil Taylor v Gary Anderson
    Tickets: 08444 93 6666 or www.eventim.co.uk

Night 15, Thursday May 14
    The Brighton Centre

Michael van Gerwen v Dave Chisnall
    Adrian Lewis v Gary Anderson
    Raymond van Barneveld v Stephen Bunting
    Phil Taylor v James Wade
    Tickets: 0844 847 1515 or www.ticketmaster.co.uk

Play-Offs, Thursday May 21
    The O2, London

Tickets: 0844 856 0202 or www.axs.com

livepdc is £25 annually. I had it for a few years and I consider it worth the money. It will get you access to live tournaments(also whats on sky) and it will get you priority access for tickets(my reason for signing up) which is really good.

Thanks Devastator for advice.

Just signed up for a month for £3 pounds very happy so far quality is OK.
    For some reason not letting me watch in high quality my broadband is around 14mb.

Commentary is very funny compared to sky so that's an extra bonus

Thanks Devastator for advice.

Just signed up for a month for £3 pounds very happy so far quality is OK.
    For some reason not letting me watch in high quality my broadband is around 14mb.

Commentary is very funny compared to sky so that's an extra bonus

No worries, £3 is a good deal. I think (at the time)to qualify for priority tickets you had to be annual member. I do remember the quality of the stream used to switch from perfect(better/clearer than my tv!) to a pretty ordinary looking sports stream and it would flicker back n forth.

I've watched a few games here & there, the commentary is definitely less dramatic than sly's hype train

William o Connor just after really pushing mvg there in munich

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

D,

Do you get all the darts soon on Sky for £25?

TbL

William o Connor just after really pushing mvg there in munich

yeah was good game, Willie was 3-1 up after 2 12 dart legs against the throw
    D,

Do you get all the darts soon on Sky for £25?

TbL

If you mean all the darts shown on sky then no(technically :D), plus more like the german masters currently on.

For the likes of me in the UK (:rolleyes:) I can not officially access it but if someone logged in through a vpn then it gives all sky matches also :D

Article today in the guardian on Taylor: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/apr/07/phil-taylor-darts-sport-profile?CMP=share_btn_tw

Nothing really revealing but its a long read and might kill a few mins for someone in work after the Bank Holiday!

Article today in the guardian on Taylor: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/apr/07/phil-taylor-darts-sport-profile?CMP=share_btn_tw

Nothing really revealing but its a long read and might kill a few mins for someone in work after the Bank Holiday!

Taylor must be bored shítless talking about his early background at this stage. Not an intervew goes by where he doesn't talk about how poor his family were and how Bristow sponsored him at the beginning and the 'myth' about if he was ever paid back or not.

That Monty Python sketch 'four yorkshire men' could have been written by him "Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Tnx for posting the link.

What a load of bollocks, reading that you'd think he'd be next in line for canonisation!! Did his PR agent write that piece.

TbL

Cant stand Lewis :( Even though Wade's got the better head2head record(about 65-70%) he didn't look close to getting anything from that match, even though Lewis wasn't great either. I suppose its a lot better than the 6-0 defeat at the German masters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

this could be a gud un

Anderson was f**king sh*te! Screwed 2 bets, fair play to Chizzy he played well enough but Anderson was grim by his own standards

Taylor sucked there like last week. Barney professional enough job to win comfortably.

Wades missus has just tweeted that he has pulled out of this weekends tournament and is not well mentally. Looks like the complaints about his meds have got to him.

Wades missus has just tweeted that he has pulled out of this weekends tournament and is not well mentally. Looks like the complaints about his meds have got to him.

Yeah he tweeted that himself shortly before her too. I like him, its good to see him back in the premier league and he's had a good season considering he's just back into it. I think they said during the game he had been ill recently so maybe just needs a few days rest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Wrong place to post this but don't know where else to say it. Yesterday at the players championship in Barnsley Kyle Anderson hit the highest ever recorded average on the PDC. He beat Terry Jenkins 6-1 with three 10 darters, an 11,12 and 15 darter. The leg he lost he was on 46 after 9 darts. An average of 134.84. This guy is ranked 47th in the world and is capable of this. The standard is ridiculous!

Thats a phenomenal standard by Kyle :eek:

Incase anyone didn't know Lewis beat Dolan 6-5 in yesterdays final :mad:

MVG the Dawg

https://twitter.com/MvG180/status/587678847514058752

=================EDIT============

While we're talking about him....just in addition this came up on fb about Anderson a little while ago

Kyle "The Original" Anderson

Another top PDC star competing at this years Winmau Belfast City Open to add to an already exceptional line-up, Kyle Anderson hit a phenomenal 134.84 average this weekend at the PDC pro tour in Barnsley.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

what exactly is van gerwin ment to have done?

sc86 wrote: »

Nothing! he was caught before he could!

sc86 wrote: »
    gramar wrote: »
    Nothing! he was caught before he could!

Gramar is probably right considering the above statement was in response to an article in 1 of yesterdays redtop rag's which have been notorious for printing lies previously and hacking celeb phone calls.

I wouldn't wipe my arse with that rag nevermind read it so don't know what was supposed to be in it. I tried to find some info last night but there was nothing online unless you sign upto the scum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Gary Anderson :D

Advertisement