Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT TakeOver: R Evolution

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

B4noH4_CUAAdgCu.png:large

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

SPELLBINDING MATCH

Fantastic storytelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Loved this show. Simple but effective storytelling and awesome in ring action. Piping hot crowd too.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

So ridiculously happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Great main event. Guessing Neville to be revealed as the Bunny

• Advertisement

Pat :)

B4n2y4_CEAAVRr4.png

Wrestling not a big of ****e as Raw and Smackdown leads you to believe.

Had to happen!!

His best friend attacks him on his debut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Had to happen!!

His best friend attacks him on his debut.

What do you mean "Had to happen" that was the best twist in years. Brilliant stuff. Great show all round.

ciano316 wrote: »
    What do you mean "Had to happen" that was the best twist in years. Brilliant stuff. Great show all round.

I don't know when it announced he was debuting tonight I had a feeling he would have cost Sami his last chance at the title.

Agreed great show.

Finn Balor has IT that came across on screen tonight he looked like complete star.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

7Nyby5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Best sign since Ciano316

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

ciano316 wrote: »

Because Steen has turned on Sami about 1443983 times in professional wrestling :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

It makes me sad WWE can put out such a high calibre show like tonight and then give us crap on Monday Night Raw.

Such a good show. Did not see the ending coming at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Damn that was so good.

It just makes RAW etc all the more frustrating when you see how good a product WWE can produce when Vince McMahon, Michael Hayes and Kevin Dunn have no input.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Moneymaker wrote: »
    It just makes RAW etc all the more frustrating when you see how good a product WWE can produce when Vince McMahon, Michael Hayes and Kevin Dunn have no input.

Mkes me really hopeful for the future when HHH is the main guy in charge!

Imagine saying THAT in 2002! :pac:

I think the reason NXT is so good is it's a focused show with a clear idea.

It's written so simply, but as is often the case in wrestling, a simple framework and then actually TRUSTING(reading this Vince?) your talent to fill in the blanks and tell the story and deliver quality in ring action is all we want. RAW is so absurdly over produced and Vince wants to control every aspect of it. As Punk said, it's a creative strait jacket.

RAW is all over the place and they try to cater to all types of their fanbase. Something for everyone, but it doesn't work.

I think back to Nitro around 96-97 for the last time a formula like that really worked. Cruiserweight action, guys like Kevin Sullivan and Benoit brawling, tag team wrestling and then the major angles involving the top stars.

RAW has an identity crisis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Glad i started watching NXT recently. Great show, looking forward to seeing what comes next from almost everyone involved - no fast forward needed

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

As soon as Owens got in the ring I thought there was more space between the ropes and the end of the ring for a powerbomb on the apron. Thought CJ was hoing to get it. I enjoyed one guy saying 'we want Kenta' getting booed followed by hideo chants. Also enjoyed the crowds reaction to the gts tease. The speculation and anticipation surrounding the night after wrestlemania will be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

nxt makes pro-wrestling simple which is why it works.

vince/dunn/dixie/tna are still stuck in the 1999 method of booking where everything is one big soap opera. to keep people looking strong you have dq's and run-ins galore and gimmick matches are used to cover up for lack of storytelling.

nxt off the top of my head has had one gimmick match all year (tna seems to have 3-4 every week lol). in nxt every match matters, titles matter, talent feud because they want to prove they are better than the other guy or girl and 99% of the time matches end in a clean win or pinfall/submission in general.

the ecw/russo style of booking was very successful but that was 15-18 years ago and time have moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The main event was a really special match on multiple levels. Brilliant stuff.

CJ Parker's hand after hitting Kevin's nose.

https://twitter.com/WWEMoonChild/status/543240149715267585/photo/1

Wonder if they will do mainly rematches at the NXT TV tapings tonight. Last time they did that the matches were much lesser than the ones than the night before. Came across an unsuccessful exercise and re-run programming.

Hope Becky vs Bayley is a main event match on the first episode with a decent amount time.
    The main event was a really special match on multiple levels. Brilliant stuff.

Long road from Balbriggin to Orlando for PAC:
    IWW_Zero_Gravity.jpg

- Speaking of Balor, PWInsider reports that the body paint will be his new look going forward. There was a lot of speculation that it would be used for special events only but apparently that's not the case.

Not sure how I feel about this.

rovert wrote: »
    Not sure how I feel about this.

House shows as well or just TV tapings.

He will get fed up of the paint pretty quickly if it is house shows as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

2014-12-12-nxt-takeover1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

funny thing is speaking of grandmothers, nxt is the only wrestling show where i consistently see older people in the audience. when i attended raw last month i didn't see a single person over 50 at the show

bottom right

B4n28ZFCQAAKjq0.jpg

Advertisement