Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi WiFi extender

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Orse!

E-fibre is your wired connection coming into your house.

WiFi and any WiFi extender is your wireless signal within your house.

Your WiFi will work even if you have no internet connection, although you would only be able to access the WiFi router and any other devices connected to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Avoid. You'll only slow down your existing WiFi speed.
    Better to look at power line adapters - especially those with a built in wifi router on the receiving end.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

Avoid. You'll only slow down your existing WiFi speed.
    Better to look at power line adapters - especially those with a built in wifi router on the receiving end.
    Got bored one day and bought a pair of these at Maplin. Now we have continuous wifi from the house to a shed 50 metres away where the wifi receiving end yoke is located.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

I cannot set this up even after following thr goddam directions. I want it as a repeater. What am i doing wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Connaldinio

How do I connect this to my iPad and iPhone? It works fine with my laptop but when I try to use the apply stuff it keeps on asking me for username and password.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

I find extenders slow down your router

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Yes, they half the bandwidth of your wireless network just by being there. In today's world everyone upgraded from wireless g to n for faster speeds as our bandwidth needs exploded and will soon look to upgrade to wireless ac why add a device that cuts your speed on half?

Advertisement