Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas gifts to creche/minder

Options
  • 10-12-2014 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm just wondering what other people give their creche/minder for christmas (if you give anything)?

I really like the girl who minds our son in creche. I usually get the creche staff a few chocolates and biscuits etc but I like to get his main minder something. Maybe €30/40. I dont know her personally so not sure what she's into so i was thinking a dunnes voucher or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MollFlanders

I would go with a Dunnes voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I used to buy the crèche a couple of six packs of mini bottles of Baileys, depending on how many staff they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Ive always given all the staff (about 6 of them) hand creams or something like that and sent in a tin of sweets

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

I usually drop in tin biscuits & sweets for all the staff at christmas, it is what majority of parents do judging by the amount
    stacked in office at christmas time, because my son is moving room after christmas i will give his two key workers a 50euro voucher each to say thanks for past year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I usually give teacher/minder a newbridge silver christmas tree decoration. They're lovely and not too badly priced ranging from ten euro up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I just remembered that last year I baked brownies about a week before they closed so before all the chocolate and sweets arrived instead of giving sweets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Voucher sounds like a good idea.

Some shopping centres do vouchers, which are handy, as they give the recipient more choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Jaysus guys ye are very generous. 100 quid creche gifts is out of my range.

Me and the smallies are making chocolate bark and bagging them. We melt chocolate and pour it over hazelnuts and bits of honeycomb on nonstick paper. Break it into shards and bag it in cellophane. Tie with a bit of ribbon and a label from the child.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I know lots of minders and teachers who dump gifts of homemade food items because they don't want to risk eating it! I'll give a voucher as I'm not imaginative at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

While I do agree that vouchers are great it really makes you give a bit extra, which sadly is not always possible .

Gifts I have given in past for Playschool teachers range from scarves, scented candles, Xmas decoration sometimes newbridge, and hand cream .

For childminder I pay her for week kids won't be there and she seems delighted with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

lazygal wrote: »
    I know lots of minders and teachers who dump gifts of homemade food items because they don't want to risk eating it! I'll give a voucher as I'm not imaginative at all.

I must confess I am gulity of this. I work in a job where I often get gifts at Christmas. I am wary of some homemade foods I get after getting a Christmas cake that had lots of black fingermarks and dirt on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Oh, I think the homemade treats are lovely. I'd eat them but them I'm clearly not that careful about I put in my mouth!

I think I'll drop homemade treats to the entire creche and just buy a small voucher for his minder. thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

lazygal wrote: »

Era, if they do it's no bother. There was more effort from her in writing her name on the label than any of the rest of it. They're only small things, about 10-20grams. Thought that counts and all that.

Advertisement