Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Volkswagen Touran owners living in Waterford?

Options
  • 10-12-2014 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hope not too bold of a request but if there are any Volkswagen Touran owners living in Waterford who wouldn't mind me taking 5 or 10 minutes out of their time to have a closer look at one then can they shoot me a PM please?

I'm looking to buy an MPV in a few months time and this one really takes my fancy but I'd like to have a look at one in person to size it up etc so that I can either dismiss it from my list or pursue it further.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks in advance

Simon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Is providing cars for potential purchasers to test the only purpose car dealers serve? Why don't you go to one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭SimonClarke

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Is providing cars for potential purchasers to test the only purpose car dealers serve? Why don't you go to one?

Easier for someone in my position to leverage the power of boards to make my job of finding one that little bit easier..

I'm not in a hurry so all it took was a minute to create a thread.

braddun wrote: »

I've done my homework, thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

No offence but this is a strange way of doing things. How can someone know they arent gonna be carjacked and the car is being stolen to order?

can you not just go to the place youre buying and ask for a test drive or contact someone on donedeal whos selling one and ask to meet?

• Advertisement

Well all those people have to do is just not contact me. You may think it's strange and many others may agree but I didn't see the harm in it.. I'm not the average guy with general knowledge of the norms.. I keep to myself and i'm not well networked so I try to utlise things like boards from time to time.

No-one on donedeal or adverts.ie is selling a touran in County Waterford so before I started checking around the dealerships I thought i'd try boards and see if someone was willing to help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Widen your search on donedeal to your neighbouring counties and their is a good choice coming up on donedeal.
    Sure if you do decide to buy one are you going to restrict yourself to county waterford to buy one?

Obviously when the time to buy one comes, no I won't be limiting myself to Waterford.. But as that day is at least a few months away and i'm fairly busy at the moment, I wanted to focus on waterford for now..

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

I looked at a Touran in Tom Murphy's out the Cork Rd last week. If you want to view a car, probably best to try a dealer. They'll be the ones most likely to let you test drive and have a poke around.

Don't know if the car is still there. The salesman said it was already sold but let me have a look anyway

Thanks a mill curly.. I'm off tomorrow so i'll pop out to them.. Don't suppose you remember the year and price out of curiosity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

Thanks a mill curly.. I'm off tomorrow so i'll pop out to them.. Don't suppose you remember the year and price out of curiosity?

I think it was a 2012 model. Don't recall the price. I was mostly interested in the 3rd row & boot space, which wasn't much.

curly.bert wrote: »
    I think it was a 2012 model. Don't recall the price. I was mostly interested in the 3rd row & boot space, which wasn't much.

Yea it's friggin tiny with the 3rd row up.. i'd be leaving them down full time.. Herself is always away on hiking trips and takes passengers with her so storage space is always a nightmare for her but she'd be laughing with the amount of space in the touran :)

Advertisement