Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi Extender Issue

Options
  • 10-12-2014 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

I'm after buying a tp-link 300mbps av500 wifi powerline extender. The powerline bit of it works fine, have it hooked up to the Sky+ box and it's working fine. The problem comes when I'm trying to connect if up to my wifi and mirror that network.

To set up the wifi, the instructions tell you it's as simple as pushing the WPS button on your router. My router is an old Netopia one that came with the Eircom broadband and doesn't have a WPS button. Trying to mirror it manually, I've matched the SSIDs, password and operating system. I've also put them on channels as far away as possible from each other which I think I read somewhere.

With this all done, the network shows up grand as a single one, with a signal stronger than if it was just through my router so the yoke must be working to some degree. The thing is, when you try to connect to the wifi, it won't connect. Weirdly my Windows phone seems to connect but a number of iPhones, an iPad and a Dell laptop all failed to pick it up.

Any ideas what I need to do to fix this?

Advertisement