Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud neighbours.

Options
  • 11-12-2014 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

First of all, I'm genuinely unsure where to post this so please move it if necessary.

I was fortunate enough to get a group of 4 students moved into next door.. These 4 students frequently enjoy having people over and having VERY loud sessions which last until about 3am sometimes.. As I work early mornings sometimes it has become VERY frustrating and irritating.

I'm at the stage now where I don't know what I can do. They're at it again tonight and I'm up for an 11 hour shift in 5 hours.

I've called in once before and they apologised profusely but it didn't do anything at all.

Do I call the guards? Do I call their landlord? Other neighbors have mentioned it to me everytime we meet on the street, so it's not just me being a buzz kill.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yes, call the Guards. Although, if it's "just" noise and no crimes are being committed, they may tell you that it is a civil matter and they have more pressing things to attend to.

Yes, call their landlord. If they have just moved in, they will not be able to acquire Part Four residency rights (which you automatically get when you have lived somewhere for 6 months) and will be therefore much easier to shift. Although whether or not the landlord will be willing to kick them out, just for being noisy, is not a given. He may be able to do a better job of getting thru to them that their behaviour is not acceptable.

Don't feel bad about being a party pooper. You are entitled to get a good nights sleep. Their making a racket until 3am is just taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Yes, call the Guards. Although, if it's "just" noise and no crimes are being committed, they may tell you that it is a civil matter and they have more pressing things to attend to.

Yes, call their landlord. If they have just moved in, they will not be able to acquire Part Four residency rights (which you automatically get when you have lived somewhere for 6 months) and will be therefore much easier to shift. Although whether or not the landlord will be willing to kick them out, just for being noisy, is not a given. He may be able to do a better job of getting thru to them that their behaviour is not acceptable.

Don't feel bad about being a party pooper. You are entitled to get a good nights sleep. Their making a racket until 3am is just taking the piss.

Don't need part 4 if it's a fixed term contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

You can call the Garda, but there is little to nothing that they can do.
    Best for you and your neighbours to contact the owner of the property outlining the problem. The problem is that if the landlord doesn't do anything about it, then you will have a difficult time getting it sorted.

Advertisement