Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kiln dried logs south Dublin

• 11-12-2014 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hi there
    Anyone know where I can buy a relatively small quantity (10 bags) of kiln dried wood for a stove in s Dublin - alternatively somewhere that will deliver to South Dublin for free. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Have you tried any local hardware store?

Although you haven't said what size bag you're looking for, perhaps these are suitable?

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/ecoflame-kiln-dried-firewood/11621/3.5.9#.VIobimIgGSM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I always take the condensation/moisture on the inside of bags of logs in convenience stores to be a sign that the wood still has a fair bit of moisture. I mean, where else is that moisture coming from? Does that sound about right?

z

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

Heatco on Grange Road in Rathfarnham. Next door to the old Loreto Abbey.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭snor

Thanks guys. Wonder what is the size of the bag in Woodies. Usually g the 10kg bag. Thanks for Heat co recommendation - have got from there previously. Don't deliver though unless you buy a pallet but will check out again. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Try borough fuel. They're on facebook. They deliver for free too.

• Advertisement

Any other suggestions in 2018? The Woodies Stafford bag is small and overpriced.

Surely there's someone selling them much cheaper in larger quantities?

I need them 250mm-300mm apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭snor

Not sure where you live, but if in .Dublin -check out Heatco on the Grange Road in Rathfarnham. €5.5 for a bag of good quality kiln dried logs.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,740 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I get my logs from www.woodfuel.ie. Far cheaper than paying €5-€10 per bag from retailers. They deliver for free and are very flexible if you give them a call. Absolutely fantastic service tbh, the owners bend over backwards to facilitate your own needs. It might not be the very cheapest wood available but it's very high quality bone dry logs and for me the service more than makes up for any savings I could make by driving up the mountains with a trailer and loading it up with cheapo logs.

For example, it's cheaper to buy in bulk but we don't always have the storage available. What they have done for me in the past (although I am a regular customer, so this service might not be available for first-time callers!) is to take an order for e.g. 50 bags of wood and then just drop them off 10 at a time when I need them!

Advertisement