Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aupair - health insurance

Options
  • 11-12-2014 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Do people normally pay for health ins for aupairs
    do you pay doctors bill if needed

We are in the process of hiring second aupair and this has been raised by potential canidate. Our previous aupair has been with us for 14 months and we never really thought about it, aupair is spanish

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would not pay health insurance as it usually takes 12 months to kick in anyway but I would help with medical expenses if they had them while in Ireland.
    DOes she have an outstanding medical condition that is causing her to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭ocy

That's something I need to ask. Only searching for 2nd aupair, had first one for 14 mths so still on learning curve!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

She should have her Euro health insurance card which would entitle her to public patient status here (not great, I know, but if hospitalisation is required). Haven't had an au pair in years but we did have one who had some difficulties with her eyes and she had to have a couple of doctor's appointments. We paid for those as the Eye and Ear Hospital had a long waiting list at the time. If my DD was going abroad to au pair (and she did for a short time) I would ensure she was covered under my insurance. Best of luck

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Maybe she means Prsi?

Advertisement