Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being Given the Runaround trying to downgrade.

Options
  • 11-12-2014 12:42pm
    Subscribers Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I had decided to leave Eircom. I am currently on home broadband and phone. I don't really need the landline and had found a better deal elsewhere for broadband only. I rang Eircom to confirm that I was out of contract and I was put through to Lynn in Customer Loyalty. 

She explained that Eircom do a Broadband only package at 43 p/month. I told her I was able to get it, elsewhere unlimited at 35 p/month. After a while she effectively matched that offer, instead offering to credit my account for 96eu and proceed to run bills of 43 a month thereafter. I said this sounds good and saves me the hassle of changing over, modems etc.

The only apprehensions I had was my history with Eircom customer care - a nightmare. Anytime something simple needs to be done, it takes half a dozen 10-15 minute calls over the space of 2 or 3 weeks. Then I thought, how simple could this downgrade from phone and broadband to broadband only be? Easy surely.. wrong! I asked Lynn to hold off the swap over until the end of my billing month, so that there would be no discrepancies in the billing. She said sure yes. She just needed to give me a call to confirm this change with me before doing so. Grand.. she arranged a call back on the 8th. No sign of this call. She had given me a number in case I needed anything so I rang this on the 9th (01 701 8129). The number rang out to a full mailbox.. dead end. Rang the generic Eircom number, explained my predicament and asked to be put through to Lynn, or her department. This went on for about 15 minutes being passed around like a hot potato after which I got through to complaints department?! Someone there decided to email Lynn my details and 2 days later, no word. 

I'm guessing I've now entered the next billing period so it would be pointless to swap over now as I'd be paying for landline rental, even though it wouldn't be in use. 

I'm thinking at this stage, going elsewhere in the 1st place might have been the smarter option. This is only a new chapter in a book full of needless issues I've had with Eircom in a period less than 2 years.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I had decided to leave Eircom. I am currently on home broadband and phone. I don't really need the landline and had found a better deal elsewhere for broadband only. I rang Eircom to confirm that I was out of contract and I was put through to Lynn in Customer Loyalty. 

She explained that Eircom do a Broadband only package at 43 p/month. I told her I was able to get it, elsewhere unlimited at 35 p/month. After a while she effectively matched that offer, instead offering to credit my account for 96eu and proceed to run bills of 43 a month thereafter. I said this sounds good and saves me the hassle of changing over, modems etc.

The only apprehensions I had was my history with Eircom customer care - a nightmare. Anytime something simple needs to be done, it takes half a dozen 10-15 minute calls over the space of 2 or 3 weeks. Then I thought, how simple could this downgrade from phone and broadband to broadband only be? Easy surely.. wrong! I asked Lynn to hold off the swap over until the end of my billing month, so that there would be no discrepancies in the billing. She said sure yes. She just needed to give me a call to confirm this change with me before doing so. Grand.. she arranged a call back on the 8th. No sign of this call. She had given me a number in case I needed anything so I rang this on the 9th (01 701 8129). The number rang out to a full mailbox.. dead end. Rang the generic Eircom number, explained my predicament and asked to be put through to Lynn, or her department. This went on for about 15 minutes being passed around like a hot potato after which I got through to complaints department?! Someone there decided to email Lynn my details and 2 days later, no word. 

I'm guessing I've now entered the next billing period so it would be pointless to swap over now as I'd be paying for landline rental, even though it wouldn't be in use. 

I'm thinking at this stage, going elsewhere in the 1st place might have been the smarter option. This is only a new chapter in a book full of needless issues I've had with Eircom in a period less than 2 years.
    Hi FlipperThePriest

I am sorry to hear of this and apologise for the inconvenience. I can confirm you can downgrade anytime without having to consider the billing period as any subsequent charges charged in advance of the downgrade are automatically refunded upon the first months bill of the new package.

You can now reach the loyalty and cancellations department on free phone 1800 504 110 if you would still like to place this order.

Thanks
    Al
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Advertisement