Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast Food options

Options
  • 11-12-2014 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all
    I have sold a business recently and have money to invest in new year.
    Any suggestions to fast food franchises or am I better independent independent.
    In an independent fish and chip shop is where I started in business 15 yrs ago and it was very very good to me.
    I do have the liquid capital for a franchise (with possible exception of Mc Donalds)
    I have a 6 figure sum to invest....
    Any help is greatly appreciated...Thanks Clive

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Is there an absence of any one particular franchise in your area. You don't want to do a subway franchise, for example, in an area where there is three other subways nearby.

You have experience being an independent fish and chip shop owner, how does the cost/work ratio compare to that of a franchise?

Where are you living? If in a city, I'd say go independent. If in a rural setting I'd say go with a well known franchise which doesn't have a competitor nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

As mentioned above location would be a big factor in which is the best option. Have you franchised before? You might find having your hands tied like that might not be what you are really looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 clive9564

I have franchised convenience stores, so I'm pretty with the concept of franchise.
    I am looking at two options/ premises , one 30 mins from Dublin in a large town and the other in southern Suburbs of Dublin..
    Both are prime locations , no expense will be spared in putting the business in a high population/footfall area....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

McDonalds is the obvious one price might not be too crazy in the out of town option. Whats the competition in the large town?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Was reading an article on Eddie Rockets a few days ago. http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/eddie-rockets-flips-50m-annual-turnover-30804351.html

They are on the lookout for new franchisees. They have their new concept called 'Rockets'. Not sure what it is but I think it's a slimmed down version of the Diners.

It's a good franchise to get into, they always seem busy, round here anyway.

Chocolate Malts nom!!!!!!:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement