Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Golf Society 2015

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Yes, I'll pay up to €10 extra
    Seve OB wrote:
    It's not booked yet. I just want to get some feedback as to who and how many interested we have. If we can get any kind of a grouptogether I will book it next week

I'll be there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭kieran.

Yes, I'll pay up to €10 extra
    As will I.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

Interested here too. 95% sure I will be there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I should be go to go as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Can stick me down, i'll book it off once its confirmed a go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭bobster453

Yes, I've money to burn and will pay whatever it takes to play the best courses
    Good for me wherever it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,067 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Jaysus Seve.

I was thinking you were finished and joking about a Turkey shoot :D:p

Let it go man.

Joking - say I should make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Yes I will be there. Have a hen party that night so between turkeys and hens will be a poultry orientated day. Hope I don't end up being chicken and making a ducks arse of it

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

I'm in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Yes, I'll pay up to €5 extra
    Yes I will be there. Have a hen party that night so between turkeys and hens will be a poultry orientated day. Hope I don't end up being chicken and making a ducks arse of it

It will certainly be a feather in your cap to make both. You'll just have to wing it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Should be good to go for this too I reckon Seve.

Qualifying should be well over by then, so might as well try win something before the year is up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Playing the Heritage tomorrow with doublecross and one other (tigerwood?), looking for a fourth player.

Weather to be cracking! :)

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Playing the Heritage tomorrow with doublecross and one other (tigerwood?), looking for a fourth player.

Weather to be cracking! :)

I am playing there with tigerwoods and doblecross too..does that make me the fourth player?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭doublecross

bobster453 wrote: »
    I am playing there with tigerwoods and doblecross too..does that make me the fourth player?

No, we're not play with with Tigerwoods. It's myself, RoadRunner and a mate from work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭paulos53

Bobster, I believe that you are with myself, Tiger and recycled :)

paulos53 wrote: »
    Bobster, I believe that you are with myself, Tiger and recycled :)

Cool..okay..apologies to all..just coz i am paranoid doesnt mean they are not out to get me :)

Side bets on which boards society team scores most points?

Whats the format folks?

We're sorted, I've been informed BallyK is join us to complete the team.

Format is 3/4 handicap with 2 scores per hole.

Oh team event
    Fly in the ointment.. I've no gui. Presume I need a gui for my scores to count towards the team :(

Oh team event
    Fly in the ointment.. I've no gui. Presume I need a gui for my scores to count towards the team :(

Don't worry about it. The weather will be good tomorrow that's all that counts ;)
    If you've been issued a Society Handicap then that will be okay but I don't know if that's something official or not?

• Advertisement

Don't worry about it. The weather will be good tomorrow that's all that counts ;)
    If you've been issued a Society Handicap then that will be okay but I don't know if that's something official or not?

The goal is beating Paulos Bobster Tiger and Recycled. Should be easy. I'm sure we'll meet them after the round.

The goal is beating Paulos Bobster Tiger and Recycled. Should be easy. I'm sure we'll meet them after the round.

I suppose we'll have to hang around to collect the prize ;)

Money where mouth is
    .or keyboard in this case..comes to mind :)
    Fiver a man
    3/4 difference suits lower handicappers though
    Society event so no need for gui handicap
    If theres a prob roadrunner let me know and i will fix one up for you for the right price....just joking guys and gals

Money where mouth is
    .or keyboard in this case..comes to mind :)
    Fiver a man
    3/4 difference suits lower handicappers though
    Society event so no need for gui handicap
    If theres a prob roadrunner let me know and i will fix one up for you for the right price....just joking guys and gals

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭tigerwood1

Yeap we have two teams, dont think no gui will be a problem road as it is a society challenge, either way we should have some fun with a few friendly bets:D. looks like we are going to be lucky with the weather its a shotgun start at 11am with tea/coffee breakfast roll before we go out and a buffet dinner after. I'll be down there early 9:30 on the driving range to ensure no horror show on the golf course. ps i bring the fireworks this time instead of champagne:P

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Well, who got the spoils?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭tigerwood1

Well, who got the spoils?

Well all i'll say to that is i had very enjoyable banana split compliments of roadrunner:).
    We finished 4th overall picking up a box of srixon balls each, paulos played some superb golf with a near hole in one on a par 3, reclycled and bobster backed him up with solid performances unfortunately not for the first time this year i went missing in action (probably cost us the win):o.
    Thanks to all the lads for a great day and will look forward to seeing yee all early next year.

What a great day for a game of golf, who would have thought we would be playing in shirtsleeves on the 31st of October
    As tiger said, Paulos was magnificient, 3 birdies, nearly a hole in one, 37 points with 3 scratches, 34points off 3/4 handicap.
    Tiger just didnt have any luck today but we all know tiger, the next day he is well capable of burning it up.
    Recycled has some fantastic shots in the bag and brought quite a few with him today.
    Me, I hacked my way around, 31 pts off reduced handicap of 11, 35 off Boards handicap.
    Just delighted to be playing with some great guys and Roadrunner and Co were gracious in defeat...we however gloated in victory :)

Thanks guys for the FREE DESSERTS,they were delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    Well all i'll say to that is i had very enjoyable banana split compliments of roadrunner:).
    We finished 4th overall picking up a box of srixon balls each, paulos played some superb golf with a near hole in one on a par 3, reclycled and bobster backed him up with solid performances unfortunately not for the first time this year i went missing in action (probably cost us the win):o.
    Thanks to all the lads for a great day and will look forward to seeing yee all early next year.

Actually as far as I know you were 5th but that was still a lot better than we managed!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭recycled

Yes, I'll pay up to €5 extra
    Very lucky with the weather, beautiful day no wind, perfect for golf. The greens were hollow tined, which was a problem for everyone. It was very well organised, and the food provided was great, including the "deserts".
    The man of the match was "Paulos" went so close for the eagle, from the tee it looked an inch away. His iron play was on song with tap in birdies.
    Tiger was a little dispondent with himself, he thought he was going to burn it up ... who hasn't being their. He sank a miler from the front of the index 1 for a par - unreal.
    Bobster split the fairway all day with the driver, very solid. Had some great scores, one of the best was the up and down on the last from 140 ish for a par.

It was a shotgun start and we started on the 7th par three. The long walk in from the 6th was a killer( as Billy Connelly says - the legs are dead)
    We had a ball in the club house with the lads - Bobster and tiger, slagging off Roadrunner and doublecross. It was hard to eat listening to the comments and laughing.

Looking forward to next year, I'll start taking the tablets now to be ready ladsbiggrin.png

My thanks to the team and in particular to Tiger for all the arrangments etc., Seve's training is paying offtongue.png

Will not unfortunately be travelling to Corballis, would have to leave at dawn to make the tee time - sorry Seve, you can send on the Tukey in absentia.

Thats my golf for this year, with the high milage I'm due for a full service - plugs and points.

A few relaxing pints with the feet up will be great.

Well done on the top 5 finish lads. Ye didn't just beat us, ye hammered us. paulos must have been peppering the pin to get such a good score.

A little disappointed with the state of the greens. Talking to other groups they were annoyed that this event was held so soon after coring the greens. But on the plus side the weather was fantastic and the food hit the spot.

Thanks to BallyK and Roadrunner for the company. We just couldn't get it going. I had my worst putting display of the year and found the water far too often. Think I'd a run of 8 holes without a par. Maybe it was the pressure of the €5 bet!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭paulos53

Well done on the top 5 finish lads. Ye didn't just beat us, ye hammered us. paulos must have been peppering the pin to get such a good score.

I had 5 GIR but was lucky enough for 2 of those to be near gimmes and also had a chip-in for birdie on the 2nd. :)

I found the medium to long range putting tough but I holed everything from inside 6 feet including a few pressure putts when I was the last man standing.

Inconsistent golf for me. But really enjoyed the day. Couldn't ask for better weather/course to play on. Didn't care too much for the banter in the bar afterwards :) but I suppose seeing the idiotic face grins on the lads across the table might have been worth handing over a fiver for. Maybe.

Inconsistent golf for me. But really enjoyed the day. Couldn't ask for better weather/course to play on. Didn't care too much for the banter in the bar afterwards :) but I suppose seeing the idiotic face grins on the lads across the table might have been worth handing over a fiver for. Maybe.

Haha idiotic face grins..good one
    Nearly as good as looking at you trying to smile and being deafened by the sound of your teeth grinding..couldnt even hear the match with ya :)

Seriously tho its good to be able to gloat now and then, doesnt happen too often

Advertisement