Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Check

Options
  • 11-12-2014 1:49pm

Hi, I am moving to Canada in the new year and I have been told to provide a credit check to make leasing a new place slightly easier for myself when I get there as I obviously wont have credit built in their country....

I have read the article on credit history on citizeninformation.ie

My question is can I go to my bank and get them to check it and obtain some sort of confirmation on paper that my credit history is good

or

Do I pay the €6 to get the report myself and that will do? I don't have any idea of the information on the report you would get but I assume it would be universally understood? and I won't be looked at like I have two heads when I produce it on arrival in Canada??:)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

You need to apply to www.icb.ie and pay the €6 to get the Credit Report and yes it will be easily understood . If you have had no borrowings it may be a good idea to bring 12 months current account statements and 12 months savings statements. This would be a good idea even with the Credit Report.
    Also if you rented before perhaps a letter of reference from your landlord.

Best of luck in your move to Canada.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Trish

and thanks for the good wishes! appreciate it

Advertisement