Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Residency question

Options
  • 11-12-2014 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I lived in Vancouver for 16 months, working at the same company for 14 of them as a software engineer. I'm back in Ireland now (had to move home for personal reasons).

When I left, the company totally understood and left my job open for my return whenever I could come back. My 2 year visa runs out in June.

How long after leaving Canada can I apply for PR through the CEC?

Can I get a temporary work permit until it is finalised?

Can I apply from Ireland?

Bearing in mind that I have a job there and that my job is on the Class A NOC list.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I lived in Vancouver for 16 months, working at the same company for 14 of them as a software engineer. I'm back in Ireland now (had to move home for personal reasons).

When I left, the company totally understood and left my job open for my return whenever I could come back. My 2 year visa runs out in June.

How long after leaving Canada can I apply for PR through the CEC?
    Whenever you can get everything together, bear in mind that the system is changing on Jan. 1st, so I would read up on what is required for Express entry, and gather all required documents/ etters confirming that you have had 14 months work experience here/confirming that you have a open position with the company, etc.

Can I get a temporary work permit until it is finalised?
    not sure about this one, you would have to get your invitation to apply(or whatever this new system is) and get your AOR, and apply for bridging visa then before you could come back, all before your current visa expires...

Can I apply from Ireland?
    Yeah, the new system has an online to start off, then you get an invitation to apply(people with proof that they have jobs in Canada applications are expedited!)

Bearing in mind that I have a job there and that my job is on the Class A NOC list.

Cheers!

Advertisement