Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pvc windows and doors

• 11-12-2014 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Just woundering If anyone who has recently got windows or front door can give some recommendations on locol installers .
    People come to mind Walshwindows munster joiner costollos duggans and D&j glazing.

All say they have the best and others are crap just would like to get a good deal.

Cheers Paul

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

If you can afford to pay more up front, go for the lowest u-value you can get. You'll make the money back many times over the coming years in heating cost savings. There's nothing as significant as good windows when it comes to energy saving at home.

I got timber-framed ones (which I'd recommend over u-PVC for a whole load of reasons) from Munster Joinery and am very happy with them, for what it's worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Hickey Aluminum.

https://www.facebook.com/hickey.aluminium?fref=ts

Replaced my front porch sliding doors with a custom set of doors. They called and listened to my issues, then suggested a design that met my needs and aesthetic... then they fitted in one day. Fast, good price and great work.

I cant believe i lived with the awful sliding front porch for 7 years before i contacted them... i will use them again.

http://www.irelandlookup.com/1006086/Windows/Limerick/Hickey_Aluminium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭893bet

Superior windows and doors.

Galvone industrial estate.

Advertisement