Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closed during the few hours they are open

Options
  • 11-12-2014 4:17pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Why do the branches have to close completely when Brinks are about?

Just stood outside the local branch for 10 minutes in the hope that they would get their act together, and in the end, rang the bell to try and find out how much longer it would be before they were back in action. They didn't know, and the attitude of the staff member was completely dismissive, might be 10 minutes. 

Gave up and came home, Standing outside a locked branch during opening hours in the rain with the wind making it feel twice as cold as it otherwise is is not my idea of a fun afternoon,

Not impressed, first because the branches are open for few enough hours as it is, and secondly because the response I got was cold, off hand, and not exactly helpful. Cash in or out is a normal part of the every day operation for banks, so why can it not be dealt with without throwing everybody out and locking the doors? The branch has one of these annoying double door airlock systems, so it's not as if anyone can just walk in and help themselves, if it was the old open door scenario, I could maybe have some sympathy with the requirement, but with the way that it's a nightmare to get in and out of the branches when they are open, closing up completely for cash transfers is just another way to annoy people.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Irish Steve.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us and apologise for the delay you experienced in one of our branches.

It is not possible for us to comment here on our security procedures however, if you would like to send us a PM with the details, we will be happy to pass your comments on to the branch directly.

Thanks,
    Laura

Advertisement