Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky app just launched

Options
  • 11-12-2014 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've received confirmation that the "TV from Sky" app has now been released to PS4 users in the Republic of Ireland.

It should appear in the "TV & Video" menu automatically, but it can also be downloaded from the Playstation Store. To use this app, you must subscribe to Sky Go Extra.

If anyone has any queries, please post and let us know.

Thanks,
    James

From the talk to Sky forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

srumball wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've received confirmation that the "TV from Sky" app has now been released to PS4 users in the Republic of Ireland.

It should appear in the "TV & Video" menu automatically, but it can also be downloaded from the Playstation Store. To use this app, you must subscribe to Sky Go Extra.

If anyone has any queries, please post and let us know.

Thanks,
    James

From the talk to Sky forum

As long as you're willing to fork out a subscription for it. Why would you bother. No fear of Sky giving us the regular SkyGo access. This is extremely disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

TinCanMan wrote: »
    As long as you're willing to fork out a subscription for it. Why would you bother. No fear of Sky giving us the regular SkyGo access. This is extremely disappointing.

Yeah needing the Sky Go Extra is a bit of a pain. you could ask a mate if you dont have sky, could you pay the extra 6 euro a month and use their sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

What is this exactly ?.. is it regular sky, only through the PS4 ?

What is this exactly ?.. is it regular sky, only through the PS4 ?

It is a good few of your subscription channels through the ps4, it can be used anywhere in Ireland like the Sky Go app.

Channels depend on your subscription and it also has the on demand stuff

It is a good few of your subscription channels through the ps4, it can be used anywhere in Ireland like the Sky Go app.

Channels depend on your subscription and it also has the on demand stuff

OK cool, so if you dont have an active sub its useless ?

• Advertisement

OK cool, so if you dont have an active sub its useless ?

It's more than just having an active sub. It doesn't behave like SkyGo on your PC if I read correctly. To use the PS4 app you need to pay for a SkyGo extra subscription, so €6 on top of your regular sky sub.

Alrightythen.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

You don't need the sky go extra sub if you already have miltiroom in the house.

Pity its not on ps3 till next year.

I dont have multiroom or a sky go extra account and it is working

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I dont have multiroom or a sky go extra account and it is working

That's strange as when I entered account details it told me that I needed Sky Go Extra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

You need Sky Go Extra for it to work. If you have a multiroom subscription you get this free with it.

Otherwise it €6 a month.

There currently offering 2 months free trial through the sky website for sky go extra.

If you are a Sky Go Monthly ticket holder you do not need Sky Go Extra but you are limited to using the service on two devices and only allowed to remove and add new devices once a month.

I changed devices recently so will now have to wait until January before I can use it on my PS4.

If you are a Sky Go Monthly ticket holder you do not need Sky Go Extra but you are limited to using the service on two devices and only allowed to remove and add new devices once a month.

I changed devices recently so will now have to wait until January before I can use it on my PS4.

That must be how it worked for me so

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elWizard

Has anyone actually got this to work on the PS4? Had to download it last night, it wasn't there "automatically". Then it took about 5 minutes to open, then it finally timed out to say it couldn't reach the Sky servers. Twice. Sky do have form in this - I remember the NowTV app on PS3 was essentially an usuable, buggy piece of junk for at least its first six months.
    Be very interested to know if plain Sky Go works too - I've a free slot, but all their info pretty clearly states you need Extra to watch on consoles. Hopefully that is wrong.

elWizard wrote: »
    Has anyone actually got this to work on the PS4? Had to download it last night, it wasn't there "automatically". Then it took about 5 minutes to open, then it finally timed out to say it couldn't reach the Sky servers. Twice. Sky do have form in this - I remember the NowTV app on PS3 was essentially an usuable, buggy piece of junk for at least its first six months.
    Be very interested to know if plain Sky Go works too - I've a free slot, but all their info pretty clearly states you need Extra to watch on consoles. Hopefully that is wrong.

Your bog standard SkyGo doesn't work I'm afraid. I've tested it and it states you need to upgrade to SkyGo Extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I'm not a Sky customer. Will it work if i pay a sub for it by the month??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm not a Sky customer. Will it work if i pay a sub for it by the month??

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elWizard

TinCanMan wrote: »
    Your bog standard SkyGo doesn't work I'm afraid. I've tested it and it states you need to upgrade to SkyGo Extra.
    S'what I thought. Thanks. Now, do I pay 6 quid a month or not?

Grahamer I predict they'll get NowTV going on the PS4 at some stage, this allows non-customers to subscribe and get SOME Sky content, or you could hunt around for a kind Sky-subscribing friend who might let you join in, but Sky's a bit stingy on the number of devices they allow so it really does need to be a good friend :)

Advertisement