Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

attic insulation

Options
  • 11-12-2014 6:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7

I’ve recently qualified for a warmer homes scheme grant where I can have my attic insulated.

My problem is I put a floor down in the attic years ago consisting of half inch tongue and groove. The existing insulation is there about 20 years and is only a couple of inches thick.

Question is: is it worthwhile lifting floor and put down 200mm+ insulation under scheme – they say the I can’t lay boards back over new insulation without raising floor.

Any advice on what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Remind Me Tomorrow

Im also planning on putting down floor boards in my attic for storage. I need high density rigid foam insulation below the floors, as per this advice:

seai.ie/Power_of_One/FAQ/Insulation/Roof_Insulation/I_want_to_floor_my_attic.html

Can anyone advise on a suitable product? I do not want to raise the floors as that will be beyond my DIY skills.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Google : high density insulation board

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Remind Me Tomorrow

Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭greasepalm

do they consider getting the roof sprayed with expanding foam an idea?

-snip-

Advertisement