Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog pooing on doorstep.

• 11-12-2014 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Does anyone have a trick to stop a 3 month old pup from doing this. She's been taken by the lead on numerous occasions to an area of long grass where she did her business no problem. As soon as she's off the lead and let out, she does it on or around the doorstep. Very annoying.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

How long do you have the pup op?
    Do you know what the set-up was in her breeder's place? I'm just wondering if she has a preference for concrete over grass, which would often be due to the substrate they were used to going on from very early on.
    Also, are you using any rewards when she goes in the grass? Could the grass be almost too long for a little puppy? They usually prefer shorter grass for toileting on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

spoke2cun wrote: »
    As soon as she's off the lead and let out
    Are you or anyone with her when she is off lead outside? Was there a transition from on lead to off lead to out on her own?
    No idea if that matters but maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

What are you cleaning up with after she goes - if she can still get the scent she'll think it's her spot. I'd recommend associating a word with when she goes too - saves you so much time! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭spoke2cun

l keep cleaning the spot with Enda Kenny aftershave!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Closing this thread now. OP, if you'd like me to re-open it, please pm me.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement