Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Insurance Renewal

• 11-12-2014 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi guys!

So the bike is up for renewal and I am currently with Liberty Insurance.
    I have just rang Carol Nash and received a quote from them that I am happy with. Both quotes are very competitive (€3 in the difference). I do like the fact Carol Nash do a multibike policy as I have been thinking of getting a second bike but the right bike just hasn't come along yet.
    Has anyone had dealings with with Carol Nash? What were they like?
    I know at some point people have had good and bad dealings with the various insurance companys, I'd like to hear about Carol Nash

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

With Liberty myself atm, 2 years now, nobody can come near the price there giving me at the moment though as Ive only been riding for 2 years.

Im pretty sure Carol Nash offer a 50 euro cashback thing if you switch to them from another insurance company, could help you in making a decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Fookers left me stranded coming back from Faro 2 years ago, despite having been insured with them for over 10 years with no claims, fully comp & European breakdown cover.

Offered me €100 as a good will gesture, settled it through my solicitor & am now insured with Adelaide, make of it what you will.

http://www.visordown.com/forum/motorcycle-touring-and-tours/carole-nash-incompetent-recovery/414078.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?361588-Carole-Nash-Insurance-Rip-Off

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Nasty situations to get into alright, id wonder how it would differ with other companies though, any insurance company ive been with for cars have been hassle to deal with on anything other than giving them money.

Im with Axa, they were cheaper than liberty but almost 100 euro i think, cant remember exactly but might be worth trying them. Adelaide told me they wouldn't insure me to commute in my first year or until i had a full license but with either they said they would beat any other offer i got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Try this crowd, fairly new to the Irish market, I got quoted €177 fully comp on my ZZR1100, half the price that my Aon Bikecare policy was coming in at. It is no mistake either, my pal has both his GSX14 and his XT600 insured fully comp with them for just over €200. We are both over 55 years old so maybe this makes a bit of difference but give em a try anyways.

http://www.mceinsurance.com/ireland/?gclid=CjwKEAiAh7WkBRCQj-_zwZvk52ISJADj7z8CQi5meuO-vCPHofJFAlYFNPYtPmZBMtjreRARnF5OpxoCR17w_wcB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭dubdamo

Faing wrote: »
    Try this crowd, fairly new to the Irish market, I got quoted €177 fully comp on my ZZR1100, half the price that my Aon Bikecare policy was coming in at. It is no mistake either, my pal has both his GSX14 and his XT600 insured fully comp with them for just over €200. We are both over 55 years old so maybe this makes a bit of difference but give em a try anyways.

http://www.mceinsurance.com/ireland/?gclid=CjwKEAiAh7WkBRCQj-_zwZvk52ISJADj7z8CQi5meuO-vCPHofJFAlYFNPYtPmZBMtjreRARnF5OpxoCR17w_wcB

Thanks, rang them and got a good quote for a Hornet 900, €160 less than Liberty. I had a great(20 yrs plus) no claims but lost it because I've been in the car exclusively for last 3 yrs. I'm 44 so that helps. Funny enough the hornet 900 was the same as a vstrom 650 and with Liberty the hornet was €70 dearer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Glad you found them ok, €160 is a good saving,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Faing wrote: »

I have heard that they sometimes have a large excesses.
    Is there any truth in that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Usually the excess on the MCE policy is very high when compared to other companies.

I pay 237 euro fully comp with Adelaide on my vstrom with a 250 excess.

MCE quote me 201 euro fully comp and the excess was 750.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

€500 is quite a difference if you need to claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It is, but comprehensive claims under a couple of grand aren't worth it anyway unless you have protected NCB, as you'll end up paying it all back. (and if you do have protected NCB, you have to stay with the same company to keep it, so they'll probably jack up your premium anyway)

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
Advertisement