Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc gsm unit

Options
  • 11-12-2014 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

My gsm unit allows me to control two sets of outside light via the text feature. My question is can the output controlling one of the sets of lights be timed to come on and off via the panel as well as being independently controlled by the text feature.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Is it a HKC Panel that you have?

Sorry OP I am a dope I never read the thread title. What exactly do you want to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

The gsm has 4 outputs (lights , heat , gates, alarm) I only use 2 outputs ( lights and heat ) by texting " lights on " it brings on my outside lights. By texting " heat on " it brings on a pair of floodlights in the yard. To save myself the hassle of texting the yard lights early in the morning and late at night can I program a timing feature to this output so the gsm will bring on and off the yard lights at specific times.

Unfortunately no you can't, what you could do perhaps is get an electrician to install a time clock and program it to whatever times you want it on and off.
    Obviously if done right, you will still be able to activate the lights via your GSM.

Good advice thank you. I don't suppose you know anything about the hkc app for iPads. It's €7.99 to download but it also says you have to sign up for hkc cloud service ?

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Good advice thank you. I don't suppose you know anything about the hkc app for iPads. It's €7.99 to download but it also says you have to sign up for hkc cloud service ?

In order for that to work you have to have either a HKC Quantum or a HKC 10/70.
    Then to get it working you need to get an Installer recognised by HKC to connect it up for you.

I have a few customers connected up and they are all delighted with it.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice

Advertisement