Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi on Fibre keeps dropping

Options
  • 11-12-2014 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭

Do any other people's have this issue?
    Happens intermittently
    Scratch that, router keeps loosing connection, I have to reboot daily.not impressed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭GIMP

Yes frequently happens to my router, WiFi dropping frequently, despite changing channels etc. And every few days router completely disconnects requiring a reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

My eFibre modem would stop routing from Wi-fi to the internal network after a day or so. Wi-fi to internet was fine, wi-fi to LAN was not. I ended up disabling the QoS setup on the modem and it has been fine since.

Nate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Happens intermittently
    Scratch that, router keeps loosing connection, I have to reboot daily.not impressed
    Hi seanin4711

If your router is regularly loosing connection please PM me your landline number and I'll check for a possible line fault,

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭mark23

I'm having the same issue. Rebooting every day or two. I'm wondering is it related to e-vision. One time, everything seemed to drop apart from my e-vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Having the same issue. Every 10 hours or so, the connection will drop. The F1000 router will have all the lights on the front, so the fault is not showing there. But every 10 hours like clockwork, the connection drops. I mostly connect my phone or tablet via Wifi, and I know that there's a problem because an exclamation mark will appear in the wifi symbol on my devices. 

I have to knock it off and back on again in order for the router to re-connect to the internet. Having swapped from the NGB to eFibre, i'm already regretting the decision - the NGB was faultless, and steady - eFibre is all over the place speed wise, and this fault is another bad feather in the cap.

I remember vaguely having to adjust DHCP lease times the first time I joined Eircom (pre NGB) when I was having a similar issue with disconnections. There doesn't seem to be an option to do this on the F1000 modem though.

Alan - I'm gonna PM you my phone number also - could you check my line while your at it as well please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Happens intermittently

Hi seanin4711

Sorry to hear this. Would you like to PM me your tele no & I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Ash

Hi seanin4711

Sorry to hear this. Would you like to PM me your tele no & I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Ash
    Can you check mine too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭seanin4711

still at it!
    router looks fine all solid green lights but no connection!
    lets see the eircom customer service machine in action.
    bummer

Ya mine at it too Zyxel F1000 had to admin log in to reboot, happens every evening around the same time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm having the same issue the last week. 
    Router looks for next but wifi is dropping a few times a day. I'll pm my number. 
    Thanks 

• Advertisement

Happened again tonight about 21.40 WiFi dropped until I reboot router. Rang customer care this morning who changed router channel but that made no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭seanin4711

GIMP wrote: »
    Happened again tonight about 21.40 WiFi dropped until I reboot router. Rang customer care who changed router channel but this has norelvef.
    its not just wifi ,its the whole connection.
    ashling on here checked my line said there was a fault,rang customer services as she suggested and they said keep an eye on it!
    Ashling mentioned that as there was indeed a fault on the line,a technican should be deployde to check it out.
    Customer services are keeping the technicians in the tea room.
    not a great service tbh.
    sky will be called in May  for fibre when contract finishes.
    John

Happened again tonight about 21.40 WiFi dropped until I reboot router. Rang customer care who changed router channel but this has norelvef.
    its not just wifi ,its the whole connection.
    ashling on here checked my line said there was a fault,rang customer services as she suggested and they said keep an eye on it!
    Ashling mentioned that as there was indeed a fault on the line,a technican should be deployde to check it out.
    Customer services are keeping the technicians in the tea room.
    not a great service tbh.
    sky will be called in May  for fibre when contract finishes.
    John
    Sorry to hear this seanin4711

If you could PM me your land line number I will make sure this is looked in to further.

Al

WiFi gone again tonight, connected to router but no internet. Rang tech support today who upgraded the router firmware bit this was already done last month. Really getting annoyed with these twice daily drop outs!! Surely there is a cause and solution!

WiFi gone again tonight, connected to router but no internet. Rang tech support today who upgraded the router firmware bit this was already done last month. Really getting annoyed with these twice daily drop outs!! Surely there is a cause and solution!
    Sorry to hear this GIMP

If the new firmware does not prevent the connection loss please do let technical support know and they will make further suitable arrangements to work on a resolution to these issues.

Thanks
    Al

Is there any chance you might check my line Alan? This is the third time i've asked now, and have been ignored 

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Is there any chance you might check my line Alan? This is the third time i've asked now, and have been ignored 
    Of course gerrybbadd - apologies for the delays, I'll test it now and get back to you soon

Al

Of course gerrybbadd - apologies for the delays, I'll test it now and get back to you soon

Al
    Thanks Alan

Hi gerrybbadd

I've just run a few tests on your line and I cannot identify an issues which can be attributed to the wifi issues you're experiencing. There's no internal or external line faults located anywhere on the line itself. This will really need attention from eircoms technical support department as they will be able to look in to this much further. Technical suppoirt can be direct contacted on 1890260260 or via webchat here: www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement