Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

12 Pubs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

12 pubs?

What a bunch of pansies

I am doing the advent pubs of Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

****ing mutants with their whistles and barging and roaring, hate them

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Have to admit-i always have a great time doing the 12 pubs.

Go to bars ive never been and never stay somewhere long enough to get bored.

always great craic.

Just because you go to 12 pubs doesnt mean you have to have 12 drinks and get obliterated.You can have a coke(waits for abuse).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

davmol wrote: »
    Have to admit-i always have a great time doing the 12 pubs.

Go to bars ive never been and never stay somewhere long enough to get bored.

always great craic.

Just because you go to 12 pubs doesnt mean you have to have 12 drinks and get obliterated.You can have a coke(waits for abuse).

You had a great time, everybody else already in the pubs thought you were a bunch of muppets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Some of the Irish have an extremely delinquent attitude towards alcohol. The difference in attitude between the Germans and the Irish is extraordinary. And the Germans are a people who enjoy their beer. But rarely to self-medicate. Or to forget.

It's not like the germans had to restrict all you can drink student nights because people were dying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

So everyone who did it thinks it great and everyone who hasn't done it thinks its evil?

deadybai wrote: »
    So everyone who did it thinks it great and everyone who hasn't done it thinks its evil?

I thought it was crap till I did it.

None of the silly rules except one drink per pub. I only did pints for the first 7 or 8. Then moved onto whiskey and coke because my tummy couldn't handle any more Guinness.

It was a nice evening. I wasn't too hammered either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    50 of us did it in Cork last weekend

Brilliantly organised

30 mins per pub, bell rings after 25 mins, 1 drink per pub, after 30 mins outside for photo then move on

Simples when done right and you have good organiser

God why have you forsaken us :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

Grayson wrote: »
    I thought it was crap till I did it.

None of the silly rules except one drink per pub. I only did pints for the first 7 or 8. Then moved onto whiskey and coke because my tummy couldn't handle any more Guinness.

It was a nice evening. I wasn't too hammered either.

This +100.
    Having 12 drinks is an ordeal enough for most people without moronic rules such as, it has to be a pint, you have to drink it in 10 minutes or you get a forfeit of a shot. If people are struggling with the volume of alcohol, do you really think even more is going to help?
    How about a rule (if you must) that if you haven't finished your drink as everyone is leaving, you sit out the next one or can only drink a pint of water as punishment. bit of a win-win there

You always find the person pushing for these stupid rules is always the one who is a borderline alcho, and can be found in pub 11 or 12 staggering/swaying around knocking over other peoples drinks and dribbling down their chin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

paulbok wrote: »
    This +100.
    Having 12 drinks is an ordeal enough for most people without moronic rules such as, it has to be a pint, you have to drink it in 10 minutes or you get a forfeit of a shot. If people are struggling with the volume of alcohol, do you really think even more is going to help?
    How about a rule (if you must) that if you haven't finished your drink as everyone is leaving, you sit out the next one or can only drink a pint of water as punishment. bit of a win-win there

You always find the person pushing for these stupid rules is always the one who is a borderline alcho, and can be found in pub 11 or 12 staggering/swaying around knocking over other peoples drinks and dribbling down their chin.

Sir , no borderline alcho would be seen in the company of organised drinking groups , only fecking amateurs do monolopy or 12 pubs, they along with work are cure for the drinking glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

You had a great time, everybody else already in the pubs thought you were a bunch of muppets.

Quite the opposite-we got along great and added a bit of fun to peoples drab nights.

Maybe you have no friends to do the 12 pubs with and might be slightly bitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

people should actually try have a bit of fun now and then besides knocking those who do.

Having fun and 12 pubs are mutually inclusive? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Same thread every year... the christmas jumpers with/without lights, the elf ears, the countless younglings getting sick, the loud group, the takeover of the local quiet pub.

Thread every single Christmas haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭AnimalChin

Quite the opposite-we got along great and added a bit of fun to peoples drab nights.

Sure you did.

So unless you're in organised groups with some tosser blowing a whistle every half hour, it's a drab night? So the rest of your nights throughout the year are drab without organised 'fun'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I'd go, and probably have a laugh while I'm out,

BUT

I'm not going to, because most of the people doing it around here are utter gob****es.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

the_monkey wrote: »
    12 pints is considered OK in Irish society ?

That's completely irresponsible to be promoting.

Yeah and then on to the nightclub to begin the actual drinking :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

12 pubs is great craic, its the one time of the year when everyone just says Feck it, im going out and getting banjoed wearing a xmas jumper! As people said you get to try new places & its a great day out. We dont do the whole rules thing & im sure some of us will be on the bottles rather than pints

Sure what else would you be doing this weekend? Sitting in and watching X Factor? No thanks, out on the piss tomorrow & enjoy myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Sure what else would you be doing this weekend? Sitting in and watching X Factor?

Er, no. Love the false dichotomy here, it's X-Factor or 12 pubs, apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

What kind of gowl brings a ****ing bell out with them.

He would be the Bellend of the gang:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Tarzana2 wrote: »

very true. there is always Strictly to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Why not the 12 Lines of Christmas?

Still go to pubs but you have to pardon yourself to go and..ahem..powder your nose so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭crybaby

Aren't you the dandy fun merchant with your bells, alarms and fun selfies to manage the fun along during your fun drinking session. Fun fun fun.

"Simples" makes me hope you to get a sh1t on a stick for Xmas this year.

post of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

To be fair they weren't all rubbish gifts. Gold was fine Frankinsence and the last one were meh.
    Beano wrote: »
    Myrrh is the correct spelling.

I read that as, the last one was meh- take it or leave it, doubling as a homonym for myrhh....quite ingenious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

I read that as, the last one was meh- take it or leave it, doubling as a homonym for myrhh....quite ingenious

why thank you kind sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Some of the Irish have an extremely delinquent attitude towards alcohol. The difference in attitude between the Germans and the Irish is extraordinary. And the Germans are a people who enjoy their beer. But rarely to self-medicate. Or to forget.

I've been to a few different events in Germany and there where plenty of drunkin German's stumbling around or unconscious , doubt many of them remembered much. It's not only the Irish who go OTT on alcohol at major events or occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

Im sure those people were perfectly happy having their drab nights before you decided to help them out by forcing your own brand of "fun" into the pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Yes because you and your mates were the ONLY group to have been clever enough to have thought of it that night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

12 pubs tomorrow and we are so disorganised anyone got any decent routes for south side of Dublin City?...

Edit: in town I mean.... not the burbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Leslie91 wrote: »
    12 pubs tomorrow and we are so disorganised anyone got any decent routes for south side of Dublin City?...

Temple Bar. 12 pubs. 12 pints. €500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I'll be having about twelve pints over two days in the one pub. Some people have no grasp of thermodynamic efficiency. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

I think the Publin site might have suggested routes

Tarzana2 wrote: »

I'd do 24 pubs before I'd sit through X factor.

Of course after 24 pubs I'd be collapsed and soiling myself whilst watching X-Factor.

Grayson wrote: »

Of course after 24 pubs I'd be collapsed and soiling myself whilst watching X-Factor.

Hmm. In my case I'd need about twelve pints before I could watch the X-Factor without collapsing and soiling myself. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Any pub on the seafront between Howth and Dun Laoghaire. Have a pint in your silly jumper. Then blow your silly whistle, leave the pub, and head directly east. Make sure to wear your biggest, most absorbent silly jumper.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

If you start early enough it's pretty OK. We started at 4 last year and no one was too bad. It's the ones that start at 8 and give 20 minutes a pub that are no fun and lead to catatonic levels if drunkenness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon whilst ironing my nutsack than watch that ****.

Never done the 12 pubs, we generally wander around until we find one with a good atmosphere and make camp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

endacl wrote: »
    Any pub on the seafront between Howth and Dun Laoghaire. Have a pint in your silly jumper. Then blow your silly whistle, leave the pub, and head directly east. Make sure to wear your biggest, most absorbent silly jumper.

;)

Come with us why dontcha!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Kilkennyfella

Archeron wrote: »
    A box of Terry's All Gold, a Frankenstein mask and a bottle of that most potent aftershave, "Grrrr".

Bottom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I can understand the disdain for a group of people walking backwards and drunk into a pub with some Fun-Nazi barking rules and blowing a whistle.

However, I am sensing a lot of hate towards the Christmas Jumpers. I think it's unfair to assume everyone wearing a Christmas jumper is on the 12 pubs. It's a festive session and I get great joy in putting on my Rudolph jumper and heading out and judging by the sales of these jumpers and other festive fashion items I am not alone in this.

I would be pretty disappointed and peeved to be turned away not because I'm on an intense bender with 20 other yobos but because I have terrible taste in fashion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Is the point of this that you post about it on social media, tell work colleges, friends, family, and everyone you meet over Christmas that you did the 12 pubs?

I can understand the disdain for a group of people walking backwards and drunk into a pub with some Fun-Nazi barking rules and blowing a whistle.

However, I am sensing a lot of hate towards the Christmas Jumpers. I think it's unfair to assume everyone wearing a Christmas jumper is on the 12 pubs. It's a festive session and I get great joy in putting on my Rudolph jumper and heading out and judging by the sales of these jumpers and other festive fashion items I am not alone in this.

I would be pretty disappointed and peeved to be turned away not because I'm on an intense bender with 20 other yobos but because I have terrible taste in fashion.

<HARRUMPH> We at the Val Doonican Appreciation Society wholeheartedly agree and concur and agree. Mine's a brandy-and-port, with plenty reindeer roasting on an open fire, chief! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Orgsinised pub crawls are a balls. By the fourth pub every bugger is rowing over where they go next, by the fifth they are no good to the pub they go into, slobbering over their drink and roaring about the 'bants' and being 'blindo'.

Fcuk off somewhere else, 12 pub brigade. Like Iran.

Orgsinised pub crawls are a balls. By the fourth pub every bugger is rowing over where they go next, by the fifth they are no good to the pub they go into, slobbering over their drink and roaring about the 'bants' and being 'blindo'.

Fcuk off somewhere else, 12 pub brigade. Like Iran.

Bants Blindo eh, there's the best Star Wars character that never was. Probably an uncle of Boba Fett! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I like partaking in the 12 pubs. Fùck yis all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I drink how and when I like. If you don't like that then you can get f*cked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Duff wrote: »
    I like partaking in the 12 pubs. Fùck yis all.

Ah. Belligerent drunks. Do the jumpers help at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭userod

I hope your liver agrees with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭userod

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I've done two of them already this winter and I have at least one more. They're a great way to let off steam and there's always a series of random events throughout the night. I don't know how anyone is spending 100 euro for one though. Are ye drinking liquid gold or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

We're doing it next Friday, at least 10 of us going to 12 different pubs. We all have to wear our Christmas jumper and reindeer hats and since I'm organising it have to carry a bell that I ring when it's time to move on to the next pub. Can't wait, it's always mad, apart from the odd hassle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement