Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crash Bandicoot on PS4

Options
  • 11-12-2014 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering, is it possible to download Crash Bandicoot from the playstation store on PS4? It states the platforms as PS3 and Vita, but it there any chance it would work on PS4? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Niamhf wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just wondering, is it possible to download Crash Bandicoot from the playstation store on PS4? It states the platforms as PS3 and Vita, but it there any chance it would work on PS4? :)

Nope.. They are releasing FF7 on ps4 as a port though so maybe they start adding ps1 game support to ps4 but so far can't be done.. I wish someone would just invent a new crash game for ps4 though :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

FF7 is a port of the PC version so doesnt really indicate that PS1 emulation is coming any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    FF7 is a port of the PC version so doesnt really indicate that PS1 emulation is coming any time soon.

Doesn't it seem kinda crazy that a console as powerful as a PS4 can't play a Playstation 1 game from the 90s? To be honest I don't understand how difficult it might be to emulate games from previous consoles, and it will probably happen down the line like with the PS3. I just wish Sony would make their next generation console something that incorporates abilities from all previous generations, along with the expected improvements in graphical power etc for new games. It's either, hold onto your old consoles if you want to play old games, or forget about all the old games and just play what's new. (/end of rant) :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sony will take their time making a good emulator like they did for the PS3. Emulation coding is very difficult and if you look at PS1 emulation on the PC it's absolutely terrible in comparison to what Sony have done. Like nintendo (who go even further coding emulation for each title) Sony care about their emulation accuracy and won't release it until it's good and ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Yeah I can't wait, loved being able to dip into the odd playstation classic and ps2 game on the PS3, guess it's only a matter of time before the ps4 provides a similar avenue. Ah sure I might as well concentrate on the flashy new ps4 games and remasters for the mean time. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sony will take their time making a good emulator like they did for the PS3. Emulation coding is very difficult and if you look at PS1 emulation on the PC it's absolutely terrible in comparison to what Sony have done. Like nintendo (who go even further coding emulation for each title) Sony care about their emulation accuracy and won't release it until it's good and ready.

As much as it upsets me, I really think Sony aren't focused on bringing ps1 titles to the ps4.
    FF7 for the ps4 is a good indicator of a company aware of Sony's direction and looking to make some money off the past.

That and the investment made in ps now just seems like it would go against their business strategy

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Downloaded it for the PS3, doesn't hold up so great as the years go by. Loved it as a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

RedXIV wrote: »
    As much as it upsets me, I really think Sony aren't focused on bringing ps1 titles to the ps4.
    FF7 for the ps4 is a good indicator of a company aware of Sony's direction and looking to make some money off the past.

That and the investment made in ps now just seems like it would go against their business strategy

The FF7 port shows a company aware of nothing, I doubt it'll even chart on the store the week it's released.

Advertisement