Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap Card now in Limerick

• 11-12-2014 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭

Got the bus home this evening and noticed that the buses have new ticket machines. They now also accept Leap Card as of today according to the bus driver. Very handy as you can top up the leap card instead of carrying loose change. Afaik, it should be cheaper for a single journey on Leap too compared to the €2 cash fare!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Got the bus home this evening and noticed that the buses have new ticket machines. They now also accept Leap Card as of today according to the bus driver. Very handy as you can top up the leap card instead of carrying loose change. Afaik, it should be cheaper for a single journey on Leap too compared to the €2 cash fare!

That's great thanks for the info, have a leap card for occasional trips to Dublin so nice and handy to use here as well.
    Bike rental can eventually be added to leap card as well I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Hi,
    There's nothing about this on the leap card website (yet?).

Forgive my ignorance as I never used a leap card ever but what's the coverage or limitations in the Limerick region? Is it just city services e.g. the 304 or does it include regional services like the 343? If anyone knows or has any ideas?:)

Not having to keep loose change around for the odd bus trip will be very nice indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Any more news on this? Would be super handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

Any more news on this? Would be super handy.

I would love to know too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anyone tried this yet? I've tried to use it twice and both times it hasn't worked. It says "check purse" or something. It works no problem in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

I wasn't aware it was available in Limerick yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Coming soon but not set up yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,467 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

miralize wrote: »

They say January but it's bus eireann and not a Dublin commuter route so it's likely to be late

My guessing would be May

Advertisement